Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2023

@Bowgentle said:
    HP yes, shards and covers, no. But ugh, it's Riri...
    What an event.

Ahh, that's true. I think I only focused on HP because everything else will already hit certain milestones for me (riri champable, deathlok to 300+) if I place at all decently.

I have to admit I've had a little more fun with this event than most, just compiling all the do's and don'ts and having to figure out on the fly what clear order might be best.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards

Doing my PvE clears for this loathsome 7-day bugged event. Took the standard Hulkoye+Thanos team.

Between my entirely unintentional cascades and the AI's matches, 20 green AP came off the board in 2 turns. As if this slog wasn't already long enough.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@shardwick said:
    I finished sub 1 in 3rd place in my bracket in EotS, and then on sub 2 the 3* wave node bugged on me twice after the very first wave so I went from looking like t5 or t10 to probably being lucky if I can even get t100 at this rate. Thanks, devs!

Twinsies!
    In fairness, I was only t5 because people had the wave bug in sub 1 already.
    But t10 was looking very doable.

I think pretty much everyone in my bracket forgot about the wave node on the main sub. I sat at first place overall in the event until there was like a minute left in the first sub.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards

Was pulling tokens in the Taco Vault: Sweet to get Hero points for the Kamar-Taj vault. Between the Latest Legends token, the three 4-stars, and the 1000 HP, you'd think I'd get at least one of those in the first 100 or so pulls. Nope. It took 218 pulls to get the first one of those five covers (Gorr's Black)

The odds of waiting that long to get any one of those five covers are 1:675.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor

Went from a t5 finish in meet r&g to 11th because I forgot to do the final clear on the 4* node. Had plenty of time but couldn't figure out what I was missing. When I figured it out, finished to late.

• Borstock

I am a 5* player and rarely lose against the AI during PvE. By "rarely", I mean I will go several entire events in a row without a loss.

TODAY, I wiped 4 times.

No idea what was going on. I don't think I did anything different from my usual play style. I've played this event plenty of times. Just a rough day.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards

I suspect they lost the anti-cascade code they implemented a while ago. I too experience horrible AI cascades time and time again.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

No, it's a feature for every node where you go against Professor X.
    Mandatory match 4s on the board.

Just like there's at least two match 5s on the starting board every time Jean comes up in DDQ.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards

I knew it! The boards are automatically set up according to enemy teams. Evil, evil I say!

• LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 97 Match Maker

Happens far too often and yet somehow, I've never had a 1/40

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

@LHammer said:

I've had a few 1/41 and a few 38, 39 or 40/40. Its the Sweet Taco vault that is my nemesis. Last 3 times were 354/400 (when the vault was expanded by accident), 298/300 and 284/300 last time.

• shardwick

@LHammer said:

I had a 39/40 yesterday which sucked. The previous two times were 2nd and 3rd though. It's usually the times that I don't really want to pull, but am bored, that I'll pull and I'll get the 4* on the very first pull. I think I've only ever had one time where I didn't get the 4* until the very last pull.

• JasonLikesToTravel
    JasonLikesToTravel Posts: 32 Just Dropped In

Day 605: I started to kid myself that this day would never come but I've finally hit an ISO drought.

Up until now I've pumped ISO in to any character I can level up without a worry but down to the bare bones. Changes how I manage my roster going forward :(

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm told that the Iso drought ends one day but I have been playing this bloody game for 7 years and I still can't afford to level champ both Wong & M'baku today as I type this. At least the Devs have said they have some plans around the game economy (although no idea what they are or when they might happen). Champing costs for 4* really are out of date - hope they can fix that.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    I'm told that the Iso drought ends one day but I have been playing this bloody game for 7 years and I still can't afford to level champ both Wong & M'baku today as I type this. At least the Devs have said they have some plans around the game economy (although no idea what they are or when they might happen). Champing costs for 4* really are out of date - hope they can fix that.

Play lightning rounds -- open it when it starts, do the 3 fights against seed teams, stop. Do this regularly and you'll earn a ton of ISO.

• shardwick

@DAZ0273 said:

Yeah, I've been playing probably the same amount of time. I've champed all of the 5s, minus Jeffrey, and all the 4s and at one point I was starting to get close but then a bunch of my 4s started hitting 370 at the same time. I currently have 22 4* dupes that are ready to champ but not enough iso to champ them. They need to do a serious overhaul on iso.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2023

Over 6 years of playing, still not ISO positive. The new 3/5 release schedule isn't helping much towards that.

• Borstock

File under: Sometimes you Shang-Chi, sometimes you get Shang-Chi'd

This was actually funny. It's my favorite PvP week. Shang-Chi is boosted. It's usually the only week where I will play as much as I want just for fun.

In my climb today, 90% of the teams were Dr. Thor + Shang-Chi. I'm expecting the occasional match where the Doc blows up the board and the AI gets a crazy cascade that fuels Shang-Chi to wipe my team. It always happens once or twice during his boost week.

What I found funny was that most of these teams were boosted champs and I got through them all without even using a health pack. The one where I got the SC team wipe... The player didn't have either character champed. It was probably the easiest of all the Dr-Chi matches I played against and THAT'S the one I lost to RNG-Chi shenanigans.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 371 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2023

Just had a match in PvP where 5* Professor X was one of the three I was going up against and didn’t think at all it’d down my SheHulk/Chasm pair and then that bastard some how hits 5 match 5’s with a cascade and I’m just sitting there wondering **** just happened :/

• Borstock

@bigjojo04 said:
    Just had a match in PvP where 5* Professor X was one of the three I was going up against and didn’t think at all it’d down my SheHulk/Chasm pair and then that bastard some how hits 5 match 5’s with a cascade and I’m just sitting there wondering **** just happened :/

My favorite is when the cascades go for so long that your phone screen turns off because you were idle so long.