Wong! What?

Options
qandols
qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

I just noticed that as soon as Wongs yellow CD expires he will put out his strike tiles as described. But, next match starts with Wong putting out those strikes for free. Am I seeing things again or have I missed something in his power description? Not that I mind, free beefy strikes are yummy. Besides Wong and other characters icons are still off at least on Steam. Oh, well...

And now he stopped doing it. Is he reading this forum perhaps. This game sometimes play mind tricks on you.

Comments

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2023
    Options

At the start of the match he fires off one of his spells other than his healing, it’s his passive on his yellow. If you’re lucky enough to have him fire off the strikes consider yourself fortunate.

• qandols
    Options

Oh, thanks. I thought I was seeing things. Those ability descriptions are too lenghty for my pea brain.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Oh i hear ya on that. And with the amount of characters there are in the game now it’s incredibly difficult to be up to date with what every power does for every character.

• qandols
    Options

Yes! Anyway paired with Arcade and Kitty he is a monster. The 5e node just melts away.

• Belphegor666
    Belphegor666 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options

Tried wrong with kitty, she doesn't boost his SP tiles.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Belphegor666 said:

Sure she does, I just tried.
    Both protects and strikes.

• qandols
    Options

Remember Kitty has a threshold on her boosting. If there are too few tiles the boosting stops. It starts at four and decreases by one for each x-man on the team.

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Been running boosted Wong and Arcade with Deathlok as battery. This PVE is quite fun

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@dianetics said:
    I been running Wong Kitty for a while. I don’t really know who the best third for them is, but I’ve been using Crystal recently, and they work pretty well.

Fatpin works to get kitty/wong rolling right away. Good color overlap too.
    Valkyrie (softcapped) is fantastic to get enough weak strikes out that can get buffed w/kitty or can compound damage with whip.
    I was keeping topped off mindlessly matching while doing bigscreen/littlescreen gameplay mode with boosted Wong and Elsa, chase yellow, true heal, repeat. Intrigued if it can keep up on non-boost weeks.

• Belphegor666
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

Sure she does, I just tried.
    Both protects and strikes.

So that's the reason why, my Wong just throws 2 tiles. I'm running him with Deathlok and Arcade though.
    For the other nodes I'm running Deathlok,Riri,Kang for fastest wins.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

I am running with champ-boosted Chasm/Arcade/Wong. They can quickly just match away most of PVE on the non-essential nodes. And if Wong gets his strike tiles out, it's about two/three matches and game over (especially if you can match an Arcade trap).

• Belphegor666
    edited April 2023
    Options

@dianetics said:
    That’s such a strange pairing. I’m sure it will work, but they don’t feed each other. I guess deathlock is your glue there.

Strongest 2 colours are red and blue, Deathlok boosts them fast, hit lowest health enemy with black or red, send the other 2 away. Takes 3 turns max.
    Riri, is there cause her red deals damage and you can fire it twice or thrice plus the high chance of getting blue charged tiles.

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Belphegor666 said:

I like this team a lot! Thank you for the combo!

• Belphegor666
    Options

@Alex502 said:

@Belphegor666 said:

You're welcome. Some supports for you to consider, stormbreaker for Riri, kravan for Kang.

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options

@Belphegor666 said:

@Alex502 said:

@Belphegor666 said:

You're welcome. Some supports for you to consider, stormbreaker for Riri, kravan for Kang.

What do you mean by "Kraven for Kang" as a support? Do you actually mean "Kimoyo"? @Belphegor666

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options

@_TrashPanda said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Alex502 said:

@Belphegor666 said:

What do you mean by "Kraven for Kang" as a support? Do you actually mean "Kimoyo"? @Belphegor666

Probably Kra-Van, but Kimoyo Beads makes more sense. However, Kimoyo Beads can't be use on villains.

• Belphegor666
    Options

@_TrashPanda said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Alex502 said:

@Belphegor666 said:

Kra-Van