I'm leaving - just want to say thanks to everyone who made it a good 3.5 years

Options
hipUK
hipUK Posts: 75 Match Maker

After 1304 days, 5337 hours and £hundreds spent, my time to retire has come.

I've had Long Covid the whole time and just thought MPQ might be a fun use of time when I had lost most of my energy, and it became a staple of my day every day, ending up with usually top20 in SCL10 PVE and top50 in PvP. I rostered everyone, champed 1/3 of the 5* characters and all the rest (aside from the latest 3*... and Bagman).

The community ebbed and flowed, but always helped keep MPQ vibrant, through the various handovers and sales of the companies that ran the game.

I have honestly never spent £100 on a game before, and I have perhaps spent £1,000 on this one - congrats to the guys that created something enticing enough to elicit such a change in behavior.

But all good things come to an end... I've been thinking about retiring for a few months, when the updates on here started to tail off. I really valued the info about the rotations and upcoming events, and once that left, my momentum dropped a bit. And now the constant PVE overlaps and boss mixups and all that, well... I figured a boosted Chasm was the right time to step away.

So thanks to the devs and artists and everyone that made the game so compelling for so long. Thanks to AoP for being a great group of alliances for so long. Thanks to individuals like Wolvie and Bug who gave so much time and wisdom to the community.

I'll miss you all - good luck!

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hi @hipUK a lot of players check out for a little while and come back - hope you're one of them. Best wishes for the future and do drop in and check on the forum every so often to see if the game can drag you back in....😉

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Bye @hipUK ! Enjoy the daily extra time. 😄

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Enjoy your time away!

But... You'll be back! I retired 3x :)

• Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

Four time retiree but playing hard for the past two years. Hope you enjoy your free time!

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Best of luck in your future endeavors (gaming).

Just remember that you can always come back when you find out other games aren't as addictive or fun as this one.

KGB

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Good luck and best wishes matey.

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Cheers to hipUK!
    Sorry for the conditions that still affect your health, hope you get the true healing and recover stronger than ever!

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There are literally thousands of freemium games. If someday I quit MPQ probably never would come back.
    I would search for another game with similar traits to another one I'm playing as this one has important negative factors as to have to compete in real time.
    Or another puzzle game with puzzle mechanics inside survival and/or zombies, I know at least 3 already.

• hipUK
    hipUK Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options

Thanks guys! Maybe I'll be back one day... we'll see if the game survives that long! Best of luck to you all.

• EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options

Aww, that's sad. I hope you will get better, wish I could give you my health since I rarely get sick. Anyway, I hope you can be back and wish you t1 in PVE and PVP. xD

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I wish you well and hope you have a lot of fun on your next adventure!