Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

I went back through this thread, and found that my average 5* level has somehow dropped several points from the last time I calculated it, even with the 3 un-champed characters removed, so I either did something wrong last time or this time I guess.

• ThaRoadWarrior

@Bowgentle said:
    No 3* dupes?
    You monster!

Nah, i've never duped those. I flip them as soon as they hit 266 and there is a backfill. They rotate pretty fast and they are completely not material to any match they are in outside of DDQ.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

I like having a max champed one for LRs so that they survive a couple of cascades after a Chasm death.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm actually not sure if I'd buy slots for all the 3* dupes if I was doing it now. When I duplicated them all it was a few months after champions became a thing, when running a 266 over a loaner was still a big advantage.

• Bowgentle
    edited March 2023

I still have a lot of slots after selling some 370s.
    Like, 30 370s.
    I'm not sure I'll dupe the whole 3* tier again. We'll see.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2023

I would say if you are a 4* player, a high level required 3* can still be material to your PVP experience, but once you start dealing with 5* it is not a factor at all. High level 4* requireds in 4* pvp does still play a role if they do AP Stuff or Critical Stuff, or occasionally passive stuff/affiliation stuff depending on who it is though, and they take forever to max out as has been mentioned several times all over the forum. So I don't feel so bad hanging on to those and duping them.

• entrailbucket

High level featured 3* do matter quite a lot during Thanos Week. Some of the new batch of 3* may be contributors at 266 as well (I think Kang has 4* level health, for one), so it may be worth treating those 3 or 4 differently.

370 4* are almost universally murderers when boosted and I wouldn't give them up.

• ThaRoadWarrior

yeah Kang's health is atypically high for sure. I don't tend to see a lot of Thano5 even on Thano5 week, so I probably won't sit on high end 3*s just for that window of time.

• entrailbucket

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    yeah Kang's health is atypically high for sure. I don't tend to see a lot of Thano5 even on Thano5 week, so I probably won't sit on high end 3*s just for that window of time.

Oh I know, I was just pointing out one very, very small window of time where it actually matters. That's about it, though, and even I probably wouldn't keep them all just for that.

• Bowgentle
    edited March 2023

Keep one 370 for sure.
    Dupes I sell when they hit 370, if they're feeding their 5* version, I don't expect them to re-organize those again.
    Other 4s are kept until retro rewards come out.

• ThaRoadWarrior

Looks like Magik is in latest now, so I'm chasing all 3 LLs still just burning CP into classic. Current stack:

Wong: 3/2/2 with 66 shards
    Kang: 3/5/2 with 315 shards
    Magik: 1/1/2 with 155 shards

Jeffrey (symbiote) landed with a 2/2/2 from Gwenpool retro rewards.

Hit Monkey dropped out at 453.

Abomination is up to 287 with 371 shards. Up to 23 max champ 4* as well.

• Bowgentle

Inb4 bucket "4s will bail you out!!!!1111"

• Bowgentle

I have to say though: shards go up fast when you actually pull.
    I did 68 when Magik entered, and the progress on my favourite 4 was noticeable.

So, surprise: sharding goes faster when you don't hoard!
    Unbelievable, I know.

• entrailbucket

I wonder what happened. Just a run of bad luck? Wong not having an existing-4* feeder at launch?

4* will save you, though!

I finished Starlord this week, next up is BSS at lvl543. Up to 13 550s now!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited April 2023

Yeah, Wong is totally stalled and he started from nothing with a nothing feeder. I’ll probably be good on Kang.

Oh, and hit monkey was level 453, not cover spread 4/5/3

• ThaRoadWarrior

Got an organic Kang, Wong still isn’t doing anything. I’m going to keep pulling across the whole run of Wong to see how he drops out.

Wong: 3/2/2 with 392 shards
    Kang: 4/5/3 with 390
    Magik: 1/1/2 with 155

Abomination: lvl 292

• ThaRoadWarrior

Got the Fools gold and Kamar-Taj shards, so wong is now at 3/3/3 with 131 shards. I didn’t realize he is double fed by Clea, so I’ve been getting a few incidental shards from her. Abomination is 293. 4 more covers feels like a tall, but doable order before he drops out.

• entrailbucket

Hmmmm, so Clea and Abomination might save the day.

Would you say...4*s will bail you out???

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Got the Fools gold and Kamar-Taj shards, so wong is now at 3/3/3 with 131 shards. I didn’t realize he is double fed by Clea, so I’ve been getting a few incidental shards from her. Abomination is 293. 4 more covers feels like a tall, but doable order before he drops out.

Wong went AWOL for me too and the combination of bad RNG and lack of retro rewards made it difficult. I needed milestone rewards to finish him after 182 pulls, though Kamar-Taj and Fools Gold would also have done it. Seems Wong is Away quite a lot....

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited April 2023

Picked up a purple for Magik to be 1/1/3 and a saved blue for Kang 4/5/3 +1 still.

Just pulling my CP in Classic still. N4tasha is now 370. 24 max champs.