Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2023

@Dogface said:

Try it when Odin and Brand are not boosted and see if you still like it.

I understand what you mean, but something I look for in this game is just good synergy between characters. It wasn't really the damage output that shocked me, in fact the largest damage from this actually still comes from Torch's Red, when you have enough repeaters out.

The way their powers interact is what's awesome about this, not the boost. The only reason I thought of these team was because of the boost, though. Normally I don't really try to utilize a 5* character until I have them at least at 1/1/1, so with Brand at 2/1/0, she wasn't on my "let's fool around and find out" radar yet. She definitely is now, though!

PS: to clarify, I play test a 5* at 1/1/1, to see who's a good combination with them. Again, I really like synergy rather than overwhelming force.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor

You're right, that's only enough iso to insta-champ 57 5s from lvl360. But that doesn't really matter because I don't intend to champ any of them anyway.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

Mod mode off

Well done! Great achievement! I'm 4 Ultron and 7 Sersi covers away myself (and a Moon Knight but he's my Resupply reward in a few days!).

I would say though that as a mainly PvE player, champing the 5*s is loads of fun and really brings out the best of them. 🙂

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:
    It's so nice and quiet in here this morning.
    Lovely.

I agree with you Bow. It is a great day.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:
    It's so nice and quiet in here this morning.
    Lovely.

https://tenor.com/en-GB/view/andy-saucy-erin-the-office-office-gif-25178044

stupid character limit won't let my gif speak for itself....

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards

I think he is saying

• JasonLikesToTravel
    JasonLikesToTravel Posts: 32 Just Dropped In

@JasonLikesToTravel said:
    Day 605: I started to kid myself that this day would never come but I've finally hit an ISO drought.

Up until now I've pumped ISO in to any character I can level up without a worry but down to the bare bones. Changes how I manage my roster going forward :(

Ran out of ISO but on the same day I did level up to now be able to unlock SCL10 events. Probably won't hop in to SCL10 at PVP but it'll be nice getting extra rewards in PVE

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards

Day 605: I started to kid myself that this day would never come but I've finally hit an ISO drought.

Up until now I've pumped ISO in to any character I can level up without a worry but down to the bare bones. Changes how I manage my roster going forward :(

Ran out of ISO but on the same day I did level up to now be able to unlock SCL10 events. Probably won't hop in to SCL10 at PVP but it'll be nice getting extra rewards in PVE

SCL10 will give you exactly the same opponents as you are currently facing so don't worry about that. You will get better progression rewards. So it is only if you currently place high in lower SCL that it makes any difference.

• JasonLikesToTravel
    JasonLikesToTravel Posts: 32 Just Dropped In

@DAZ0273 said:

SCL10 will give you exactly the same opponents as you are currently facing so don't worry about that. You will get better progression rewards. So it is only if you currently place high in lower SCL that it makes any difference.

Ah okay, in which case I'll hop in to SCL10 for PVP too. Typically don't worry too much about the finish and just after the progression rewards.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 100 Tile Toppler

Opened 50 Mighty tokens, got 400 bonus 4* Shards.
    Opened 50 more Mighty tokens, got 400 bonus 4* Shards.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 100 Tile Toppler

@Grizwald said:
    Opened 50 Mighty tokens, got 400 bonus 4* Shards.
    Opened 50 more Mighty tokens, got 400 bonus 4* Shards.

Opened 28 Heroic tokens, got 400 bonus 4* Shards. 1200 bonus 4* Shards tonight.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 371 Mover and Shaker

Had a few tokens to the Genetic Mayhem shop that can get you 5* High Evolutionary and on my last token to my utter surprise I ended up pulling that bad boy. It’s been over a year and a half since I’ve ever pulled a 5* from that first shop they appear in.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor

Got the 250 Samurai Daken shards from the aapi vault. Brought him to 2/1/1. Only two more classics left to get to at least 1/1/1. Archangel and Hela both 1/0/0 with a covers worth of shards. My goal is to get those last two to 1/1/1 by my 1000th day(105 to go).

• Scofie

Decided to pull some Classics using around 360 CP (net - so more like 25 or so pulls). Bonus shard streak was pretty great - 8 lots including 1150 5* shards and 800 4*. With the 400 shards from Krakoa vault too, I added 3 covers to Sersi - half the amount I need to champ her.

• Scofie

Pulled another 30 or so Classics and now Champed Sersi, meaning I have all but Latest 3 champed and waiting for Gwenom to rotate in to pull!

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker

@Scofie said:
    Pulled another 30 or so Classics and now Champed Sersi, meaning I have all but Latest 3 champed and waiting for Gwenom to rotate in to pull!

Daaaang! I thought our rosters were similar but you're way out in front of me on the champed 5s. I've only got a third? of them champed so far and there's still a fair chunk I need to work through the feeders for to even make champable.

• Scofie

Daaaang! I thought our rosters were similar but you're way out in front of me on the champed 5s. I've only got a third? of them champed so far and there's still a fair chunk I need to work through the feeders for to even make champable.

I was a long way away last anniversary with about 15 or so 5* at 6 covers or less. The feeder updates massively helped catch me up and then the hoarding of CP to use on special stores helped me a couple of times and the anniversary vaults got SC from 4 covers to level 453, the favourite shards in regular vaults have added a level here or there to the characters needing 1 or 2 covers. These bonus shards have been a game changer though - effectively 5 covers-worth in about 75 pulls.

I think roster progress is one of the things I've really enjoyed most over the last year. It was a really slow process until recently.