2»

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2023

@killahKlown said:

@bigjojo04 said:

@killahKlown said:
    Not a big deal. Just leave it and take it as a learning experience. We've had a solid ten day notice this was coming. If you can't plan ahead then that's your mistake, not the developer's.

I don’t know what everyone else’s schedules are like but I can really only play one of the slices if I play optimally so how am I supposed to plan ahead when I’m always locked into a certain slice every time? My placement is going to suffer in one of the events now as a result so I fail to see how that’s my mistake when they scheduled it improperly. That’s a little silly.

So what's your current placement?

Presumably it's optimal for their level and roster. Playing optimally is a legitimate end in itself; it is neither justified nor validated by placement.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor

@MWRuger said:

@killahKlown said:

@bigjojo04 said:

@killahKlown said:
    Not a big deal. Just leave it and take it as a learning experience. We've had a solid ten day notice this was coming. If you can't plan ahead then that's your mistake, not the developer's.

I don’t know what everyone else’s schedules are like but I can really only play one of the slices if I play optimally so how am I supposed to plan ahead when I’m always locked into a certain slice every time? My placement is going to suffer in one of the events now as a result so I fail to see how that’s my mistake when they scheduled it improperly. That’s a little silly.

So what's your current placement?

I get where you are going, but I usually place in the top 10, usually around 6. I will definitely be adversely effected by this.

Pretty sure I wasn't asking you

• hipUK
    hipUK Posts: 75 Match Maker

The most basic problem is that not everyone has time in their day to play double (or triple!) PVE. This game is great if you know what to expect - but the calendar has been wrong a few times, and it's been posted late, sometimes very late into the month, so it's hardly a reliable source anymore.

Honestly, how hard was it to reset this PVE last night? Did it require someone coming into the office out of office hours? Is there even an office?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

Unnecessary snark at another player removed from a post. I get this can be emotive but please keep it civil and not let it descend into personal insults.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

I mean I could pretend to be surprised that nobody bothers with QA anymore, but... Yeah.
    Stuff like overlap should be really easy to catch when putting an event into whatever queue their system uses.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler

Can u not just hit the hunt as normal and join infinite pursuit when the bracket flips so u still have a chance for a good placement finish?

• Bowgentle

Good luck getting S2 to flip.
    Also, you can't skip a day if you're playing for alliance t10.

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler

How are you supposed to know when it flips.

• Bowgentle

There are line groups for that.

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker

I am gonna admit to being a little tinykitty off if there is a one day gap after this.

• Scofie

@MrPlow said:

There's also a channel on Discord which has a bot that you can check in with, based on player updates.

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker

Ugh. Pve sucks to start with. Guess I'll have to finish S2 and then do S4 for IP.

I mean "oh, this is all MY fault for not noticing 10 days ago, when even if we all HAD noticed, how would anything have been different anyhow?" Thanks HoS 2.0. What would the devs do without you.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler

@Scofie said:

@MrPlow said:

There's also a channel on Discord which has a bot that you can check in with, based on player updates.

The bot on Discord utilizes the MPQ Brackets spreadsheet in order to report on the current bracket updates and flips, but I digress.

Not only is there an overlap between The Hunt and Infinite Pursuit, but the current schedule leaves a 1-day gap with the next event when Meet Rocket & Groot starts on Thursday. Going by the calendar displayed in the What's New April thread, there is another 1-day gap between Strange Sights and Lost In Time later this month.

@Scofie, can you please confirm if this should be correct for Strange Sights and Lost In Time? If this can't be changed, at least we can plan for it in advance.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor

@hygge_hound said:
    Ugh. Pve sucks to start with. Guess I'll have to finish S2 and then do S4 for IP.

I mean "oh, this is all MY fault for not noticing 10 days ago, when even if we all HAD noticed, how would anything have been different anyhow?" Thanks HoS 2.0. What would the devs do without you.

Because you could have asked for a change long before the holiday weekend when their office is empty. That's how it would have been different.

• Scofie

@Wolvie171 said:

@Scofie said:

@MrPlow said:

The bot on Discord utilizes the MPQ Brackets spreadsheet in order to report on the current bracket updates and flips, but I digress.

Not only is there an overlap between The Hunt and Infinite Pursuit, but the current schedule leaves a 1-day gap with the next event when Meet Rocket & Groot starts on Thursday. Going by the calendar displayed in the What's New April thread, there is another 1-day gap between Strange Sights and Lost In Time later this month.

@Scofie, can you please confirm if this should be correct for Strange Sights and Lost In Time? If this can't be changed, at least we can plan for it in advance.

Thanks @Wolvie171 I wasn't sure how the Discord bot worksas I only found it myself a few months ago!

On the delays, I have no additional insight beyond what is on here, but will ask the question and see if I can get an official line on here.