*** Jeffrey (Land Shark) ***

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
edited May 2023 in Character Details

Jeffrey (Land Shark)
3-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes, Non-Humans, Non-Humanoids, Avengers

"Quadrupedal, amphibious, and made to be an evil, rapacious beast, Jeff the land shark turned out to be anything but. Well, maybe a little rapacious. Nibbly even. With their trio of caretakers, Gwenpool, Deadpool, and Elsa Bloodstone, Jeff's living their best life; All the varied munchies they can get their jaws on and all the many adventures their pals get into."

Abilities listed at level 40/166
Health: 2273/8670

Quick Change - 8 Purple AP
Jeff wanders off to get a disguise in service of some new scheme, probably one to get fed. Jeff goes Away for 1 turn. When he returns, create a 1-turn(s) Disguise Countdown tile. While this tile is on the board, Jeff takes no match damage or damage from Attack tiles. When this tile expires, Jeff gets fed and heals 5% health.

• Level 2: Heals 7% health.
  • Level 3: 2-turn Countdown tile.
  • Level 4: Heals 12% health.
  • Level 5: Heals 20% health. 4-turn Countdown tile.

Nomnomnom - 8 Red AP
When something threatens his friends, Jeff leaps into action teeth first and doesn't let go. If what's threatening his friends is a fully trimmed roast turkey, well, sacrifices must be made. Deal 223 damage and create a 2-turn Fortified Countdown tile that deals 139 damage per turn. (Max level 694/435 damage)

• Level 2: Deals 256 damage. Countdown tile deals 172 damage. (Max level 799/539 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 301 damage. Countdown tile deals 200 damage. (Max level 938/626 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 386 damage. Countdown tile deals 261 damage. (Max level 1202/818 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 435 damage. Countdown tile deals 289 damage. 3-turn Countdown tile. (Max level 1355/905 damage)

Jeff! Don't Eat That! - 6 Green AP
Jeffrey got into something he shouldn't, and at exactly the wrong time! Jeff! Spit that up, we need it! Select a tile type: Strike, Attack, or Protect. Jeff eats all these, converting them to basic tiles, then spits them up as friendly tiles 3 turn(s) later. Created friendly tiles have a strength equal to the average of all converted tiles. Where did he get those extra ones, anyway?

• Level 2: Bonus 25% tiles (Rounded up)
  • Level 3: Bonus 50% tiles (Rounded up)
  • Level 4: 2 turns later. Bonus 75% tiles (Rounded up)
  • Level 5: 1 turn later. Bonus 100% tiles (Rounded up)

Feeder Updates

Release Events

Story
The Hunt: Florida - 4/6 - 4/10
Jeffrey (Symbiote) Shards and Event Token in Placement Rewards
Jeffrey (Symbiote) Event Token in Progression Rewards and Alliance Rewards

Infinite Pursuit - 4/9 - 4/12
Jeffrey (Symbiote) Legendary Token in Placement Rewards, Shards and Event Token in Progression Rewards, Legendary Token and Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Versus
MRRRR! - Jeffrey (Land Shark) - 4/6 - 4/10
Jeffrey (Symbiote) Shards in Placement Rewards, Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

So-fish-dicated Shark - Jeffrey (Symbiote) - 4/9 - 4/12
Jeffrey (Symbiote) Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Offers
Big Goo Conspiracy Store - 4/6 - 4/10
Chance to get Jeffrey (Symbiote). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

So Long and Gimme All Your Fish Vault 4/13 - 4/16
Chance to get Jeffrey (Symbiote). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls
40 Items:
○ 1x Land Shark Legendary Store Token
○ 1x 4-Star Gwenpool (Gwen Poole) cover
○ 3x Random 3-Star covers
○ 6x Heroic tokens
○ 4x 2500 Iso
○ 6x 1000 Iso
○ 5x 500 Iso
○ 14x Two stars

Land Shark Legendary Store - 4/13 - 4/16
15% chance to get Jeffrey (Symbiote), Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff), and Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

I think this is the second character that takes -1 damage from attack tiles. Colleen Wings is the first one.

This is another straightforward character.

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2023

5/3/5
    So she goes away and comes back immune for 4 turns,(still takes ability)
    Boring damage
    Sends SAPs away for a turn and they come back 100% stronger under my possession? Does the enhancing from supports trigger on this under my control mechanic? Could be some powerful thefting….maybe w/banner somehow? I am also going to assume theres no Mantis shenanigans.
    Looks fun! Yay for healers!

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor

Will this character feed into another who feeds the 5 ?

I’m assuming this hasn’t been put in the post due to spoilers ??

• IceIX

@turbomoose said:
    Will this character feed into another who feeds the 5 ?

I’m assuming this hasn’t been put in the post due to spoilers ??

Correct, and correct.

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 181 Tile Toppler

Honestly not thrilled at the same exact power that 3* Elektra has on red. Could have been a different color at least.

Purple is interesting enough but how does this interact with Kang? Just gives him an easier win, or what?

Green looks like a playable power, a bit more reliable than She-Hulk's blue that does basically the same thing, but again not a creative addition.

My overall opinion is bland, bland, bland. The last several 3's have been complicated, but interesting. As a 4 into 5 star player, this entry will change nothing for me. I bring plenty of 3's around for synergy, this one will never see play that isn't required.

• ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker

3shulk already feeds (primarily for some reason) Gwenpool. Gwenpool now has two feeders.

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 181 Tile Toppler

I hope that the adorable levels are ridiculous. Jeff in disguises was a really cute and fun idea. The powers still seem super bland.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023

@Alex502 said:
    I hope that the adorable levels are ridiculous. Jeff in disguises was a really cute and fun idea. The powers still seem super bland.

His Green will be pretty solid at 5 covers. You remove all enemy tiles of one type (SAP) and then 1 turn later you get double the amount of those tiles for you. It's sort of like Medusa Hair Meddle except it 100% targets 1 tile type and you get 2 for every 1 you steal.

At the very least the Green will make a solid TU for the steal ability.

KGB

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor

Aww, so cute! 😍

• IceIX

@ShionSinX said:
    3shulk already feeds (primarily for some reason) Gwenpool. Gwenpool now has two feeders.

Fixed. The feeder graphic was missing the attendant change to She-Hulk. So no, just one feeder!

• concillado
    concillado Posts: 15 Just Dropped In

So is SheHulk3 out of this equation or not???

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor

@concillado said:
    So is SheHulk3 out of this equation or not???

It's in the other thread.

But here you go:

• ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker

It was removed primary but thats fine, at least 3Shulk now properly feeds herself primarily. It would be too much to ask for her to feed Abom, not that Rulk is a bad line anyway.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

Pulled 50 Heroics and didn't get a single 3* Jeff. Weird - on the previous 3's it absolutely rained covers - Magik took less than 24 hours to champ. Have they stopped doing the enhanced chances for the 3* new releases?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

I got one on two pulls after the in-game pop-up an hour ago.
    None before that.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

Ah, there he is. Obviously not my lucky day but persevere (although never did get any Wong covers but eh.)

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

I've realized that the firsts few days is hard to get the 3*s .
    And when the offer expires you can't get any other than the new release.
    Call me crazy.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker

@DAZ0273 said:
    Pulled 50 Heroics and didn't get a single 3* Jeff. Weird - on the previous 3's it absolutely rained covers - Magik took less than 24 hours to champ. Have they stopped doing the enhanced chances for the 3* new releases?

Funny, I was wondering that when it was Magik's turn. I'm still missing two covers for her (although have plenty of saved covers). I just champed Jeff though, so I guess it's just the usual RNG.