MPQ Developer Q&A February & March 2023 (ANSWERS)

Options
1235»

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

@illusionist_KA said:

@justsing said:
    Well, the devs totally ignored my question about Kang's insta-win power lol...

@S0kun said:
    12. @Glockoma [Official Forums]
    Question: Where’s this game heading? Passive has to be trumped by previous passive. Active has to have a passive component to nullify the previous passive. QoL aside, what mission distances the game from the rabbit hole the previous developers failed upon?

Answer: We've been having a lot of discussion about that, and what a lot of it comes down to is "speed meta". Whenever we open up the game to a non-speed related gameplay, creativity opens up from the player base. PVP is 100% speed meta. PVE is as well if you're after T10. But events like Boss Battles and Puzzle Ops we suddenly see people taking their time and having novel solutions to gameplay, AND opening up their rosters. That's not to say that speed isn't fun. It is! But it results in a specific metagame and roster that runs counter to much of what Puzzle Quest should be, and it's something we're actively discussing how to tackle.

If you're trying to get away from "speed meta", then why did you guys give Kang an insta-win via his Away power?

you're missing a huge point of Kang. you're thinking from the offensive mindset. The AI (which needs to get dumbed down) will never play Kang the way we will. On defense, Kang is easy to take down especially if you take him first. My old pvp roster can take him easily, even when he is boosted. So - NO, he is not insta-win. and stop taking things away that give me joy. Its the only team that can poof the obnoxious Chasm teams. Why aren't you talking about nerf'ing chasm?

Kang moves just as fast as Shang, and he is soft on defense as well. but no one says to nerf him. Same with Okoye. Don't speak for others, as Kang was the only thing that made me survive PVP Sim this season. Which i haven't played since chasm came out.

Devs, still waiting on chasm nerf, when is it coming? I despise matches that take more than 10min in pvp.

I mean if they already gave you a counter that works (Kang) why is a nerf even necessary anymore?

I've been straight up hunting the chasm teams with the past few boost weeks. Crystal/Riri made them into a tasty snack.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    You've shown that this is a perception problem. In your suggestion, you would rather do away with placement rewards and play for full progression only. You can already do it now. Anytime. Without scheduling your life around it. You just can't get past this psychological barrier you're putting in front of you. If not, you're pressured by your alliance to do that.

This is what I do.. I never ever play for placement I don't even acknowledge placement rewards..I just join the 5pm slice and hit all 4/4 until I get all progression rewards then stop.. no need to worry about time commitment or missing anything because I'm busy and it leaves me more time to gring out 50 wins in pvp