Emma Frost! A better reflection on her concept!

Options
Maxvmilan
Maxvmilan Posts: 3 Just Dropped In

Dear developers

I am writing to express my admiration for the incredible design concepts you have done for the game. Your creativity and attention to detail have resulted in a unique and visually appealing design that effectively conveys the message of the game.

I particularly love the way you incorporated the comic character's concepts to the actual game design. This choice not only adds aesthetic value but also enhances the player experience, and makes them have a better understanding of a Marvel comic book character.

However, I do have a suggestion that could further improve the overall concept of a particular character:

EMMA FROST

I personally have been a big fan of Emma Frost. I believe that not just me, but many fans of Marvel comics find Emma Frost admirable because she is a complex and multidimensional character. Despite her past as a villain, she has shown a willingness to change and has become a valuable ally to the X-Men. She is also a powerful telepath and has used her abilities to help others. Emma Frost is confident, unapologetic, and fiercely loyal to those she cares about. Her fashion sense and no-nonsense attitude also make her a strong and memorable character.

Now let us break down her concept, powers, and abilities together.

Emma Frost is a powerful mutant with telepathic abilities and the ability to transform her body into diamond form, which grants her enhanced strength and durability.

Please keep in mind that Emma Frost is extremely skilled. Frost has been cited as a "World-class telepath" or "Omega Class Telepath".

Emma Frost is:

• Founded her own school, the Massachusetts Academy
  • Occasional headmistress of the Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
  • Teacher at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning

First of all, That means she has a perfect control over her own powers. She could enter her diamond at will, and exits it to use her psychic abilities.
Current game design: Cannot fire power in while diamond from.

If any one knows when is the crucial moment to use psychic power to turn the tide of the battle, It is Emma Frost.

Secondly, as a result of undergoing a body-wide Secondary Mutation, Frost possesses the ability to transform her body into a flexible organic diamond form. If she is rendered unconscious, Frost's body will automatically transform into its normal state.
Current game design: Emma cannot be stunned while in diamond form.

Thirdly, Emma does not have access to her telepathy while in her diamond form. While in telepath form, Emma has the ability to increase an ally potential, aka Potential Unlocked, or suppress her enemies' power.
Current game design: While in diamond from, Emma can still increase team's power/potential, and reduce enemies' power.

• Phoenix Five (5): Increase team power by at least 50%
  • New X-men (3): Increase lowest level unlocked ability up to 4

Revamp suggestion.

• A psychic attack
  • Diamond form passive ↔ Telepath form passive
  • A diamond attack

Ideal/Example/Suggestion

• A Psychic attack → trigger the telepath form. If already in telepath form, reduce enemies' power level
  • A diamond attack → trigger the diamond form. If already in diamond form, increase damage done and stun the target
  • Diamond passive: Increase match damage deal, reduce match damage taken. If stunned, takes Emma out of the diamond form and switch her to telepath form. (Let's be honest, this is not new, or overpowered. Some characters already have this passive, some mentionable are Juggernaut, Blob, Ghost, or even Echo. Now, the newest character Clea is immune to match damage
  • Telepath passive ( a perfect opportunity to call it "The White Queen"): Increase teammates power (Phoenix Five)/level (New X-men).

In the current game right now, when Emma enters the Diamond Form it is literally a game of gamble, you can't use her abilities, or when the countdown tile is gone as soon as you make a match. And gambling is the least of Emma Frost's style.

Please know that I am making this suggestion with the utmost respect for your creativity and expertise. I understand that design is a subjective field and that you have already put a lot of time and effort into design. However, I hope that you will consider my suggestion and let me know your thoughts on this matter.

Thank you once again for your incredible work, and I look forward to hearing from you.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE READ THIS

Love your works

Best regards
An Emma Frost Die-hard fan.

Comments

• Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2023
    Options

@Maxvmilan said:
    Dear Demiurge Studios

They aren’t the developers anymore.