Have Women's History Month daily tokens stopped?

trenchdigger
trenchdigger Posts: 107 Tile Toppler

Haven't received a token for 3 days now, despite using the required characters. Vault still has 8 days to run, but can't find any information to say whether tokens are still be awarded each day. Will raise a support ticket if consensus is they are.

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

Thanks @DAZ0273 , you beat me to it!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards

@Scofie said:
    Thanks @DAZ0273 , you beat me to it!

I was just keeping it warm for you! :smiley:;)

• Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 697 Critical Contributor

@trenchdigger said:
    Haven't received a token for 3 days now, despite using the required characters. Vault still has 8 days to run, but can't find any information to say whether tokens are still be awarded each day. Will raise a support ticket if consensus is they are.

No explanation other than a vague statement about the term of play ending, though. Would love to get some further information from the devs on this decision.

• Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 697 Critical Contributor

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:
    In construction, vault duration and daily play tokens aren't tied together. Cases occur in which it makes sense to run a vault for a period of time but not offer daily plays that run as long. I think it's a headache that the game doesn't have a better way of telegraphing this sort of thing, though. A QoL element to the UI that helps players keep track of things like this is needed.

It seems to be a bad look for the devs when the BHM vault and daily play tokens ran continuously for the month, yet the WHM vault/daily play tokens are treated differently right on the heels of the prior monthly vault. Frankly, “a QoL element to the UI” isn’t what’s needed; rather, more transparency and upfront communication about how these special vault/daily play token systems will work and the time frames for them are what’s needed (in my opinion).

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Based on past players' comments, two details that the dev typically miss out are:
    1) the list of characters that give daily special token
    2) the start and end date of free token period

For point 2, remember to indicate the timezone you are using because this game is played internationally, and your 5pm might be some other players' 3am.

Alternatively, if the dev don't want to deal with the nitty gritty, follow what Demiurge did: give one free token for all non-anniversary special vaults and call it a day. When they were doing this, I don't see much complain from players in the forums. It's because they were consistent in what they were doing, and that was being consistently stingy. BCS has been generous for close to 1 year, but their generosity is not consistent, and lack details.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:
    In construction, vault duration and daily play tokens aren't tied together. Cases occur in which it makes sense to run a vault for a period of time but not offer daily plays that run as long. I think it's a headache that the game doesn't have a better way of telegraphing this sort of thing, though. A QoL element to the UI that helps players keep track of things like this is needed.

So why did it make sense to cut the Women's vault tokens short, but not the other vaults?
    You also could have communicated the vault, the characters who give out tokens and the duration either here or in game with a MOTD.
    It's your decisions.

• Bowgentle

I wish I could give more than one like 🤣🤣🤣
    I see @Punisher5784 is rubbing off on you.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    A small super market, somewhere:

Shopper: Is the free toothpaste offer still on, please?
    Shop Keeper: No that is finished, sorry.
    Shopper: Oh well, perhaps next time you could put a sign in the window? Thanks!

From the shadows suddenly...

Hound of Horus Random Person: Playe...I mean shoppers are always trying to Min/Max, I don't see much complaint from shoppers about that time when the cabbage was half price!
    Shopper: GAH?!?!?
    Random Person: Two details that shop keepers typically miss out on from shoppers 1.) The list of offers that are in store to stop the complains and 2.) It is 3am somewhere!
    Shopper: I just wanted some toothpaste...
    Random Person: Players always want toothpaste! But when the Dev...shop keepers provide toothpaste to the playershoppers want more toothpaste and then the whitening toothpaste!
    Shopper: But...I never said any of that...
    Random Person: Shoplayers always demand consistency about the shop being always open at 3am but will they spend if the shop is open at 5pm? Players needs to make up minds and stop expecting Devs to put notes in shop windows before approved!
    Shopper/Shop Keeper: WE NEVER SAID ANY OF THAT?!?!?!?!?
    Random Person: It is no wonder the Shop Keeper says nothing. If you don't like then it is best you quit because you can never be happy.

Disappears back into shadows

Shop Keeper: Here have some free toothpaste...you deserve it after that!

Hilarious. I can legit imagine this person being one of those people harassing strangers in the store. Like, why do you care so much what’s in my cart? Don’t you have a family or hobby (not MPQ) or job or something to get back to?

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:

Perhaps one solution in the mean time would be a post in the official forum with these details. Just a suggestion. I don't want to sound demanding and am always grateful for free tokens even if we don't have information about how to get them. :)

• Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker

@DAZ0273 said:
    A small super market, somewhere:

Shopper: Is the free toothpaste offer still on, please?
    Shop Keeper: No that is finished, sorry.
    Shopper: Oh well, perhaps next time you could put a sign in the window? Thanks!

From the shadows suddenly...

Hound of Horus Random Person: Playe...I mean shoppers are always trying to Min/Max, I don't see much complaint from shoppers about that time when the cabbage was half price!
    Shopper: GAH?!?!?
    Random Person: Two details that shop keepers typically miss out on from shoppers 1.) The list of offers that are in store to stop the complains and 2.) It is 3am somewhere!
    Shopper: I just wanted some toothpaste...
    Random Person: Players always want toothpaste! But when the Dev...shop keepers provide toothpaste to the playershoppers want more toothpaste and then the whitening toothpaste!
    Shopper: But...I never said any of that...
    Random Person: Shoplayers always demand consistency about the shop being always open at 3am but will they spend if the shop is open at 5pm? Players needs to make up minds and stop expecting Devs to put notes in shop windows before approved!
    Shopper/Shop Keeper: WE NEVER SAID ANY OF THAT?!?!?!?!?
    Random Person: It is no wonder the Shop Keeper says nothing. If you don't like then it is best you quit because you can never be happy.

Disappears back into shadows

Shop Keeper: Here have some free toothpaste...you deserve it after that!

The only problem I have with this analogy is that I have yet to find a shop that doesn't have a sign (or flyer of some kind) that explains exactly when the free items will no longer be given out. If it is a giveaway they will usually say "while supplies last" (since physical items aren't infinite) and will inform people that they are only available to customers on a certain day and time.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler

Let's be honest if they give us free tokens for every vault we wouldn't spend hps/money.. ans that's what it's all about

• Bowgentle

@Sp1d3r said:
    Let's be honest if they give us free tokens for every vault we wouldn't spend hps/money.. ans that's what it's all about

I dunno. I bought out the vault as soon as it was available.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2023

@Bowgentle said:

@Sp1d3r said:

I dunno. I bought out the vault as soon as it was available.

That's fair enough not everyone has that option tho.. and u could have just bought 10 and got the rest free seen as there's no reset .. I just took the free 1s and bought a cpl of daily 1s 42/50 but got all the top rewards so im happy

• Scofie

At the risk of necroing this thread from last year, the tokens appear to have stopped at the same point this year too. Hoping engineering fixes are in place for next year.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards

@Scofie said:
    At the risk of necroing this thread from last year, the tokens appear to have stopped at the same point this year too. Hoping engineering fixes are in place for next year.

I just got one today. The daily resupply reset just now after the new DPD

• Scofie
    edited 16 March 2024, 10:32

@rainkingucd said:

@Scofie said:

I just got one today. The daily resupply reset just now after the new DPD

Interesting. I normally get one first thing. Though, thinking about it now, I have vague memories of falling asleep during final clears and waking up at 2.30am at which point I finished the last few off. Entirely possible I got one then, opened it and forgot. I feel shame.