We will all be one!

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards

Hey guys,
We are approaching a new release! 🥳
The release of Phyrexia: All Will Be One (ONE) is planned to be in approximately two weeks...
But while we wait, I would like to know what you expect from this collection? And what do you think will be new?
Don't miss this chance to share your thoughts, who knows, you might come back here and prove yourself right 😉
I look forward to hearing from you!
Rebeca.

Comments

• Asylamb
    Asylamb Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2023
    Options

I'm curious to see how the Toxic/Corrupted abilities will be reinterpreted in PQ, since it uses Poison mechanic.
    Kaldheim set had one card Poisoning the opponent, and that card was ditched even though it was one of the Clan Leaders from Bretagard and the other 4 were in the PQ set.
    Ajani, Sleeper Agent was the next card to use the Poison mechanic, and it became a PW-specific token (Phyrexian Poison).
    Will the Toxic/Corrupted ability make use of the same Phyrexian Poison token (changed to colorless instead of Selesnya) or become a new one?
    And I guess Proliferate comes back.

There are also Oil counters that are used for different effects similar to Activated gems, but scaled. I hope they don't turn into an abomination that was Enhanced. The easiest way I see is to turn them into +1/+1 effects that are reduced with prompted Activated effects. But I would be disappointed with that. Probably, it's time to introduce counters into the game. Buff values were the first step, rather successful.

There is also For Mirrodin! mechanic which seems new, and thus prone to many new bugs. But it works almost the same as the Sword of Dungeons & Dragons card, so I dare to have my hopes high.

As for the Planeswalkers, the paper set has 10 of them: 5 Mythic Rare (all compleated) and 5 Rare (not compleated). I expected PQ to make the compleated PWs (Nissa, Jace, Vraska, Nahiri, Lukka) as PQ PWs, and make 10 Vanguards total. But the release of Tyvar2 kinda undermined the theory.

I would also hope for a new Duel Decks event: Phyrexia vs Multiverse. While I loves Daxos vs Kalemne, it lacked conflict. Phyrexia vs Multiverse is a conflict at an even bigger scale than Zendikar vs Eldrazi.

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Will there be an update to the previously announced new matchmaking system in the next set?

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87718/help-us-with-feedback-for-a-new-feature/p1

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Vanguards. Would love to see more be released. Because when the next drop occurs and little to no vanguards are available in standard, that's going to be very disappointing.

Expectations: compleated PW will be released as PQ walkers. The Rare will be released as Vanguards. I would love to see phyrexian vanguards. Especially utilizing the phyrexian gem conversion

• gozmaster
    gozmaster Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options

I'd like a music video. How about that?

• IPA
    IPA Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options

I'm just thankful for the advance notice of a release instead of leaving us to wonder. Much appreciated!

• gozmaster
    edited March 2023
    Options

@Oktagon_Support ...

I'd love to see a "+X" loyalty trigger in new walkers.

Why must they all be minus triggers?

IE: each walker gets 3 abilities, and they each have a loyalty cost to trigger.

Why not actually have them trigger a "plus" to the loyalty count in ramping to their ult?

For example:

Lukka: Loyalty ability 1 on his PW Cardboard card reads:

+1: Add R/G. Spend this mana only to cast creature spells or activate abilities of creatures.

In PQ it could read:

Feed The Pack:

+3 Loyalty: Chose 1:

• Option 1: The first Creature card in hand gains 4 mana:
    • Option 2: Destroy 1 of Target Creature's activated gem on board.

This could lead to some VERY interesting game play that could refresh the experience.

Further, help us ramp into our ult in a new way that I think would be fun.

• Epitymbidia
    Epitymbidia Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options

@gozmaster said:
    Also @Oktagon_Support , PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF ODIN!!!!!

Make Token Generation Sum and burst on the board, vs. manually counting.

PLEASE!

...sob...

...please.

Consolidated token creation would probably result in problems when you have a card in play that triggers when a creature enters the battlefield, easiest example would be the Healer of the Pride.

A solution could be for the game to simply check, any time more than one token creature gets summoned, if there is anything in play (including PW abilities, I suppose) that would trigger.
    If that's the case, the tokens would need to get summoned like they do now anyway, one by one, to allow for the triggers to happen in between.
    If not, one token could get created, and then receive all the respective reinforcements in one swoop, similar to how Zariel creates her devil tokens.

That, in my opinion, would be an amazing quality of life improvement that wouldn't interfere with mechanics.

• Asylamb
    Asylamb Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options

If the set is to be release approximately 2 weeks after the post was published, does that mean that we can expect to see the card gallery approximately 1 week after the post? Meaning, somewhen this week?

• Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2023
    Options

I expect the following:

• a least 1 card to break the game have everyone chase it then it get nerfed
    • vanguards to make a return as this is a very planeswalker heavy set
    • pulling 0 rares or mythics on 6 premium packs and getting mad at myself for falling for the premium pack hype EVERY time
    • a new pve event and new coalition event

What I wish for:

• a new versus event phyrexian vs mirroden
    • update revolving planeswalker to have newest packs on day one of release
    • bring in some og mirroden set cards as masterpieces

What I (we) REALLY want:

• standard filter button
    • something to exchange runes for (foil cards, mulligans, special items: drop rate + xp+)
    • a revolving block constructed modern Training grounds
    • better journal objectives
    • a level beyond platinum cough Ethrium level cough
    • a hyper hard pve event with never ending reward structure where enemy.keeps.getting progressively harder

P.s no.mater what is released im pretty hyped for this release.

• Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options

@gozmaster said:

PLEASE!

...sob...

...please.

We are doing this with academy elite already so we know it's possible. And thank God if I had to sit through 300+ 1/1s I would never play it.

• Epitymbidia
    Epitymbidia Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Tezzeret said:

We are doing this with academy elite already so we know it's possible. And thank God if I had to sit through 300+ 1/1s I would never play it.

Again, that's just reinforcements, not additional copies of the Academy Elite summoned. Simply using that way of coding for all token creatures would not allow triggers from other creatures or supports to happen for each individual token entering the battlefield.

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Epitymbidia said:

@gozmaster said:

PLEASE!

...sob...

...please.

Consolidated token creation would probably result in problems when you have a card in play that triggers when a creature enters the battlefield, easiest example would be the Healer of the Pride.

A solution could be for the game to simply check, any time more than one token creature gets summoned, if there is anything in play (including PW abilities, I suppose) that would trigger.
    If that's the case, the tokens would need to get summoned like they do now anyway, one by one, to allow for the triggers to happen in between.
    If not, one token could get created, and then receive all the respective reinforcements in one swoop, similar to how Zariel creates her devil tokens.

That, in my opinion, would be an amazing quality of life improvement that wouldn't interfere with mechanics.

Or they could just add an option to make some of the in-game animations much, much faster?

• Kmiesse
    Kmiesse Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options

@gozmaster said:

PLEASE!

...sob...

...please.

If this can’t be done for technical reasons, at least speed up the animations maybe? It can definitely be painfully slow!

• gozmaster
    Options

@gozmaster said:
    I'd like a music video. How about that?

Done. :tongue:

https://youtu.be/AqSmWudo-1k