**** Clea (Sorcerer Supreme) ****

Comments

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor

Returning player trying to get caught back up - how recently has this trend of 4-stars feeding 2 5-stars been a thing? The ones I have champed only feed 1 if at all, so this is quite eye-opening.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor

@BoyWonder1914 said:
    Returning player trying to get caught back up - how recently has this trend of 4-stars feeding 2 5-stars been a thing? The ones I have champed only feed 1 if at all, so this is quite eye-opening.

If I recall correctly, this is only the second one, so far. Shuri is the other.

• BoyWonder1914

@skittledaddy said:

@BoyWonder1914 said:

If I recall correctly, this is only the second one, so far. Shuri is the other.

Looks like M4gik still gives Hela but also gives M5gik now as well, thank you! Good to know as I'm trying to build back up

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards

I am digging her artwork. Not many 4*s move the needle for me these days, but I’m excited to try her out.

• SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2023

Creative Caster Green
    If there are 3 or more Green tiles in the selection, destroyed tiles deal 35% damage to the enemy team.

Damage to the enemy team ? How ? Not working ?

It's working now, guess I tried too early.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

File a bug report?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

Yeah it appeared to only do single target damage for a total of 6126.

At least the stun worked on the 2nd cast when you destroyed 3 Blue.

KGB

• HoundofShadow

Now, in-game, they used average match damage of Clea multiply by 300%, instead of 560%, for her AoE.

A quick and easy way to find out a character's average match damage is to look at their teamup match damage. Teamup match damage = average match damage. It's 100% accurate for 2* to 4*, except for America Chavez. It's up to 98% accurate for 5*. For example, 550 Chasm average match damage is 1160, but his teamup match damage is 1140.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,575 Chairperson of the Boards

So does she do 30-40k or not?

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023

In order for her to deal 40k damage, her average match damage needs to be 1111. 5* Magik's average match damage is ~ 528.

• DAZ0273

So no then.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

No, it's doing it based on her personal match damage, not the best match damage for the team. Still 6K isn't bad for a 4* at 270.

It's a weird way to word the power. Would have been simpler to just do a set amount of team damage per cover if you destroy 3 greens rather than have the complicated wording of damage from tiles destroyed.

On the other hand, once supports are in the game if you equip a support that increases match damage (Pocket radio adds +200 ore more on 3 different colors at rank 5) then you can really ramp up the damage.

KGB

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023

Such power has always been based on caster's match damage. Using average match damage is a more consistent way of doing match damage because there's only one number to deal with, instead of 7.
    At 270, she's dealing only 43 x 9 x 4 = 1548 AoE. Come to think of it, the damage looks low. :|

• DAZ0273

So definitely not 120k then? :D:D

• DAZ0273

Genuine question:

Based on initial thoughts/feedback where does Clea now rank in terms of the new 4's do we think? Say against M'Baku, Namora, Colleen? The stun still seems pretty good?

Any thoughts?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

She looks better than those 3, but she fills a different role.
    In their tier
    M'Baku is a decent tank.
    Clea is a top tier utility support with damage negation.
    Colleen is the best sustain(healing) support in her tier with decent damage.
    Namora feeds Okoye.

If you are a 4* player Clea is probably who you want to target. Higher tier players will target Namora for her champ rewards.

• HoundofShadow

Colleen Wing definitely can deal 120k damage with her red, thanks to Kitty and Valkyrie. Slap a support on Kitty that allows her strongest colour to be red so that you can focus on matching blue.

Clea is definitely the best of the 4, in terms of defense, active power control and support. Just find some ways to make her tank: invisibility, airborne, stunned etc.

Namora is fun with her trap tiles, and MBaku is great if you have the time to lower his health to <50%.

• Maxvmilan
    Maxvmilan Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2023

I love the new character. But wouldn't her title be "Sorceress" Supreme of Dark Dimension?

PS: She is indeed the Sorcerer Supreme. I really like her old title though.
    And Magik's too, Sorceress Supreme of Limbo

• BoyWonder1914

Is it safe to assume that Strang3's champ rewards are going to be updated to include her? Never understood why he fed Nova

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 181 Tile Toppler

@BoyWonder1914 said:
    Is it safe to assume that Strang3's champ rewards are going to be updated to include her? Never understood why he fed Nova

Like I mentioned before, I don't think they're going to do this because it would flood out so much Clea without anyone paying for it. If they were doing to do this, it would have been on release.