Known Issue: Hit-Monkey's Team Up, Monkey Business Not Keeping Enemies Downed

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin

We're aware of an issue where the Team-Up version of Hit-Monkey's Red ability, Monkey Business is not properly leaving enemies downed if the enemy has a self-revival mechanic. This issue will be fixed soon, once the engineers have some downtime from the current Google issue.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

Is this related to this thread as well where firing Monkey's red (not teamup) will still trigger She-Hulk or Chasm passive tile destruction even after they are downed but not revived?

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87891/hit-monkeys-red-power-interaction-with-chasm-and-she-hulk#latest

Or is this pinned thread an issue specific to Monkey's red teamup?

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards

@IceIX Can we get an update on this bug? I tried 5* Hit Monkey's red team-up on Chasm not too long ago and it's still not working properly.

• jeffsterz
    jeffsterz Posts: 50 Match Maker

We’re approaching mid-March and it’s still not addressed.

Don’t hold your breath.

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 181 Tile Toppler

I just experienced this and had no idea it was an issue until it happened. Thanks for the failed team up effect! Please get this worked on!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

So is this still happening, or are we all supposed to just use Kamar-Taj?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards

I checked 2 weeks ago it was still happening.

I got a bunch of Monkee supports ready to go. Just waiting on the fix… since his release.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler

@IceIX said:
    In the meantime, with tomorrow's data patch, we'll be making it so that she simply doesn't take AoE damage at all (unless her allies are down. In which case, it's not really AoE damage anyway). This does mean that outgoing AoE damage will be weaker than it should otherwise be, but we figure that's better than having her taking the damage in the first place.

In the same veins as moony fix, can we have monkey TU just kill the whole enemy team while we wait for a fix ? >:) it does make it stronger, but net result is it may actually work as a chasm counter while we wait for a fix.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards

@pepitedechocolat said:

@IceIX said:
    In the meantime, with tomorrow's data patch, we'll be making it so that she simply doesn't take AoE damage at all (unless her allies are down. In which case, it's not really AoE damage anyway). This does mean that outgoing AoE damage will be weaker than it should otherwise be, but we figure that's better than having her taking the damage in the first place.

In the same veins as moony fix, can we have monkey TU just kill the whole enemy team while we wait for a fix ? >:) it does make it stronger, but net result is it may actually work as a chasm counter while we wait for a fix.

Wait they still didn't fix this? :s

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Of course not.
    They keep introducing new bugs with every character instead of fixing old ones.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 711 Critical Contributor

Used a monkey business tu yesterday and to my surprise it's still broken. What do you do all day over at bcs? This is pathetic.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler

My bet is the issue is fixing the bug requires going very deep in the code and thus high risk of breaking more things by fixing it, so they are waiting for the "big overhaul" that has been in the work for months...

Or they just dont care fixing bugs so long ppl are still pushing money in the game, and once they stop well why fix bugs for no money? Fixing bugs always has terrible ROI >:)