Passive: Gorgon cannot be sent Away

2»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

Technically it's whoever invented the combo that gets to decide the name (this was decided by the Official MPQ Forum Convocation of 2014), but in this case I don't know if we can figure that out. I suppose it'll just be whatever name ends up getting used the most.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

Why don't we just call it Kang FU with the F U standing for something or other...

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

@entrailbucket said:

@Daredevil217 said:
    Also, Hawkeye and two 3* the new grill or cupcake or whatever it’s called (I don’t know the difference) in Sim? Will be able to turn-3 beat any team (unless Chasm nerfs all).

Was this meant for the "supports in PvE" thread? This is the "stealth Gorgon buff" thread.

Yes, it was! Deleted!

By the way, I’ve been calling this team, the “blue man group“, that’s even the name I have for them in my saved teams, lol.

And yes, my IM40 with the blue tinted armor costume is the one that is equipped with SP//DR.

• entrailbucket

@Daredevil217 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Daredevil217 said:
    Also, Hawkeye and two 3* the new grill or cupcake or whatever it’s called (I don’t know the difference) in Sim? Will be able to turn-3 beat any team (unless Chasm nerfs all).

Was this meant for the "supports in PvE" thread? This is the "stealth Gorgon buff" thread.

Yes, it was! Deleted!

By the way, I’ve been calling this team, the “blue man group“, that’s even the name I have for them in my saved teams, lol.

And yes, my IM40 with the blue tinted armor costume is the one that is equipped with SP//DR.

I believe we have a winner, folks!

• TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 135 Tile Toppler

Lol... didn't realize you could rename saved teams. Sure enough, there is a pencil icon there.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    Bosses are immune to stun and airborne too, though. They also tend to show up by themselves, and Gorgon tends to show up in a team.

Anyway this is definitely not a big deal, it's just kind of weird. I was wondering if it was part of some overall nerf to the autowin Kang team -- sounds like it's not.

(Completely unrelated, but Kang/Hawkeye/IM40 needs a team name, and if it's something lazy like KangHawkMan I will be extraordinarily disappointed in the community (again)).

Not all bosses. Gorgon can be stunned and sent airborne. I believe Ultron cannot be stunned but sent airborne. Like most things in this game, I wish there was some consistency. I understand the 1:1 battles but Gorgon and Ultron aren't really bosses in most of the events they are in

Also, IMKangEye

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

Mod mode off

Thematically Ultron should not be able to be sent airborne or stunned. I don't know enough about Gorgon as a character to know what might fit there. But I'd suggest all "x v 1" fights should have done sort of conditions.

I think it should be Blue Man Group, but I just thought of "EyeM4Kang Broken"...

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler

@Scofie said:
    Mod mode off

Thematically Ultron should not be able to be sent airborne or stunned. I don't know enough about Gorgon as a character to know what might fit there. But I'd suggest all "x v 1" fights should have done sort of conditions.

I think it should be Blue Man Group, but I just thought of "EyeM4Kang Broken"...

Ultron was in a 3v3 battle tried to send all 3 away and couldn't send ultron

• Scofie

@Sp1d3r said:

@Scofie said:
    Mod mode off

Ultron was in a 3v3 battle tried to send all 3 away and couldn't send ultron

Yes, sorry, that was two points.

1) Ultron should not be able to be sent away, airborne or stunned (thematic)
    2) None of the 1s in the x vs 1 (ie boss events, Kaecilius, Cap/IM in Lost in Time) should either (gamesmanship).

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah so Gorgon in a 3 vs 3 should absolutely be away-able.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Unique non-playable tile-moving characters can't be sent away, from what I saw in reddit. Gorgon falls under this. Sentries don't because there can be three Sentry Fighters in a 3v3.

• Scofie

@HoundofShadow said:
    Unique non-playable tile-moving characters can't be sent away, from what I saw in reddit. Gorgon falls under this. Sentries don't because there can be three Sentry Fighters in a 3v3.

At this moment in time, isn't Gorgon the only unique non-playable tile-moving character?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Kaelicius as well. And the Ultron boss if you consider it to be a variant of ultron, also Ultrons sentries.

• Bowgentle
    edited March 2023

Yeah that explanation makes as much sense as anything they've said trying to hand wave away inconsistencies.
    So tile-movers except ultron guys, 1 on 1 fights except they probably missed some in PVE.

Apart from the fact we still have no official info here, but I'm not expecting that anytime soon.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Just ask yourself these two questions:

1) Can the player use or roster this character? We have variant Phoenix, Ironman etc, but we can't use them.
    2) Can there be mutiple "copies" of this character in pick-3?

If the answer is no to both, then the character can't be sent away.

• entrailbucket

Where have they posted this rule?

• Bowgentle

In Hound's head, obviously.