Making iHulk as annoying as possible

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards

So with Hearts of Darkness progression shards it turns out I can champ iHulk but I am wondering whether to do so or not?

He works best if he is x amount of levels under certain other characters/under levelled to some degree, right?

My Okoye is 462 and Chasm is 454 so is it worth champing iHulk (would only be 450) or keeping him at 410 where he currently lives or can he move up a bit?

Obviously I am seeking maximum annoyance to other players in PvP unless champing him would suddenly make much impact on PvE (not a particularly competitive player truth told). :)

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

Keep him where he is so Okoye keeps tanking.
    32 levels difference or something is optimal.
    For PVE.
    For PVP go champ.

• DAZ0273

Cheers Bow. :)

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler

You could also champ for PVE, but it would require you to run Hulkoye with Kang (3 or 5) to regain any lost team-ups from iHulk tanking. There are better thirds for Hulkoye, but Kang gives a bit of flexibility with who tanks.

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler

My Hulk is 4 levels above my Chasm and it’s way into the match before I have to worry about Hulk tanking. It’s rarely an issue. I’ve hit at least 10 boosted Cols the last two pvps with Immortals. Those matches take forever and you can’t help but end up with mountains of useless ap, and iirc Hulk tanking has only been a problem once, and I didn’t lose any of those matches. I don’t think it’s a big issue with those two.

• Bowgentle

@658_2 said:
    My Hulk is 4 levels above my Chasm and it’s way into the match before I have to worry about Hulk tanking. It’s rarely an issue. I’ve hit at least 10 boosted Cols the last two pvps with Immortals. Those matches take forever and you can’t help but end up with mountains of useless ap, and iirc Hulk tanking has only been a problem once, and I didn’t lose any of those matches. I don’t think it’s a big issue with those two.

It's about him tanking over Okoye in PVE.

• 658_2

In op, he said he’s seeking maximum annoyance in pvp. He mentioned he’s not competitive in pve. Gorr is right there. iHulk is no big deal in non competitive pve.

• DAZ0273

If I could be annoying in PvE too I would be! :D:D

• 658_2

Lol. Actually, if you want maximum annoyance in pvp, maybe you leave iHulk at 410. Probably works just as well on D as 450, maybe even better with less self harm, but best of all that’s some juicy bait.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor

@658_2 said:
    Lol. Actually, if you want maximum annoyance in pvp, maybe you leave iHulk at 410. Probably works just as well on D as 450, maybe even better with less self harm, but best of all that’s some juicy bait.

This is actually ideal. If you bait folks in with an unchamped iHulk (50 level difference between Chasm), they will soon discover that no matter how many times he dies, he will never overtake Chasm in matching, thus, significantly reducing their ability to win.

I personally would not champ him. YMMV

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor

@Glockoma said:

@658_2 said:

This is actually ideal. If you bait folks in with an unchamped iHulk (50 level difference between Chasm), they will soon discover that no matter how many times he dies, he will never overtake Chasm in matching, thus, significantly reducing their ability to win.

100% this. In PvP, I’ll fight Hulkasm but only if they’re reasonably close to each other in levels.

• DAZ0273

Sounds sweet! I'll bag the last cover and then leave him be! I can always champ him after the inevitable Chasm nerf if I like!

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 968 Critical Contributor

I've got my Hulk at 5/0/5. It happened naturally and I quite like it that way. He can't resurrect now, but the annoying self damage is gone at least.

• Bowgentle

@Dogface said:
    I've got my Hulk at 5/0/5. It happened naturally and I quite like it that way. He can't resurrect now, but the annoying self damage is gone at least.

Tell me you don't play PVP without telling me you don't play PVP.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor

@Yepyep said:

@Glockoma said:

@658_2 said:

100% this. In PvP, I’ll fight Hulkasm but only if they’re reasonably close to each other in levels.

Seconded. I have mine at 435 and won't be champing him any time soon for exactly that reason.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,156 Chairperson of the Boards

my hulk is at 461, I still run him in PVE with Okoye at 464 with a 5* RTF support and it's fine. Okoye tanks yellow, black, and team up, and I usually make it through most pick-2 pve nodes without losing my required character.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,895 Chairperson of the Boards

The flipside of all this is that once you get Hulk to a high enough level, he turns into a completely different kind of awful character, who's awful to fight in new and different ways. (Who else has fought lvl672 Hulks in PvP? Just me? I advise against it if you haven't.)

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor

Of all the 5s I've pulled for while in living legends store, Ihulk was the one I had gotten the most duplicate saved covers for unfortunately. My Ihulk is level 448 with 14 saved covers. Because there hasn't been a reason to necessarily champ him the way he works, I have 14 wasted saved covers.

I had always wondered if there would be a point down the road that players would want to champ or add covers to him. This PVE event that has Ihulk powered up, I used him on the challenge node with 5Shulk and Chasm. Hard to gage how effective that team was for me. Having 5Shulk and Chasm, it's the first time I've really been able to pair him with a couple legit 5*s where you don't need to worry about Hulks team damage. The challenge node wasn't overly difficult

I figured with Ihulk boosted it would be a good time to test him out and get a taste what he'd be like if I applied my 14 saved covers and champed him. Although it doesn't tell the whole story as being boosted he's tanking colors he normally wouldn't with 5Shulk and Chasm. Either way I still don't really feel he's better being leveled up as opposed to under leveled to pair with Okoye or others. It would be interesting to hear from other players though who've leveled their Ihulk way up what you're experiences have been.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,156 Chairperson of the Boards

Hulk can only make 15 matches before he dies of his own damage from full health, and when he is way pumped up he hits your allies pretty hard on rebirth; that's really the hard part about running him in my opinion.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor

Anyone with a high leveled Ihulk that can share some insight if he was with leveling up as opposed to keeping under leveled ?

We all know most keep Hulk under leveled to pair with Okoye and a few others. But I was curious if anyone has him leveled up and how he plays these days with some newer characters we have that revive , heal, or aren't impacted so much by Hulks team damage. Or some interesting teams aside from 5Shulk and Chasm to pair him with if leveled up.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,895 Chairperson of the Boards

Mine's near 500, so not in the stratosphere, but Hulk/Thanos remains excellent in pick-2 PvP. Thanos doesn't much care about Hulk's team damage, and Hulk doesn't care about Court Death at all. One of my favorite tricks is using the friendly Court Death damage to kill Hulk -- instead of being stunned he just immediately resurrects.

Basically a very high-level Hulk presents a clock. His AoE is constant and it's a ton of damage each turn. It doesn't rely on Okoye or another booster. He also can't be dealt with first, so you want to pair him with some other guy who's tough to kill. While they're dealing with that guy, Hulk is socking them for 20,000 AoE every turn.