**** Clea (Sorcerer Supreme) ****

Options

Comments

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Those leggings and sharp collars giving me Morrigan vibes.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Waddles_Pines said:
    Maybe 5* strange will be the next update 🤞

don't give me hope

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Omegased said:

@Waddles_Pines said:

don't give me hope

It's kind of a no-brainer sort of update, I think. His powers are fine as they are, they fill a pretty good niche. Though that being said, I'd argue that the Eye is distinctly under-powered for what it costs and the fact that it's supposed to be a great artifact, but what have you. He's still decent even with an under-powered purple.

Bring his numbers in line with the current 5* standard, though, and he'd be done. Of course, he's on a lot of nodes in a few events so we'll curse those, but meh, it will be fine.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

His niche is "makes you pay for casting stuff." Dr. Strange really had to have very low health at the time he was released, because there was no good way to deal with him without getting murdered by his passive. The game was much more active-based then, and if he had very high health he'd have been overpowered.

Now? Aside from a couple outliers, active abilities are mostly dead, so he could have top-tier health and he'd be just fine. I think he either needs to get better at his niche (since actives are much less common, you could probably dial up his passive damage) or they can have him also do some other thing that's more generally useful.

• a_girlboss
    a_girlboss Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options

Half at Fault makes me think it's Vulcan, but none of these abilities scream Vulcan. 4-star Black Bolt...?

It might just be Clea.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@Omegased said:

@Waddles_Pines said:

don't give me hope

It's kind of a no-brainer sort of update, I think. His powers are fine as they are, they fill a pretty good niche. Though that being said, I'd argue that the Eye is distinctly under-powered for what it costs and the fact that it's supposed to be a great artifact, but what have you. He's still decent even with an under-powered purple.

Bring his numbers in line with the current 5* standard, though, and he'd be done. Of course, he's on a lot of nodes in a few events so we'll curse those, but meh, it will be fine.

Eye should be immune to being Jane Thor'ed to death instantly and no reason it can't zap all-sorts of specials including invisible, repeater etc.

It is also painful to have a boosted champed 5* with sub 100k health so sort that too. Finally his active yellow is pretty undercooked for the cost so either up the damage or lower the cost.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Buffed 5* Strange will probably have this ability that says, "If x tile is on the board at the start of your turn, if any character with y affiliation on your team is away, return one of them from away".

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    edited March 2023
    Options

Some of you seem to have gotten a bit of an early (even prescient) announcement of the character, but for the rest, here's our next upcoming character to MPQ, Clea!

Changes from Spoiler-Free version:

• Creative Caster no longer deals damage per tile destroyed
    • Creative Caster's Yellow now gives burst healing per tile selected, not a single burst at 3+ tiles.
    • Creative Caster's Black now steals from the strongest AP pool with AP available, not just fizzling if the strongest pool has no AP.
    • Creative Caster's Red now deals damage per tile selected instead of activating once at 3+ tiles.
    • Creative Caster's Green has an increased damage multiplier to make up for the base damage lost from Creative Caster no longer dealing damage on destruction.
    • Faltinian Inferno now increases Clea's ability damage by a percentage instead of a flat increase while she is in form.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

Glad to see Hela got a primary feeder back and quickly. She's one of a handful of 5*s I'm still chasing to get to 1/1/1.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2023
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@Omegased said:

@Waddles_Pines said:

don't give me hope

No, I think he needs more than that.

His blue is good, but fortify it.

Purple is useless. Make it remove more than sap, and unable to break.

Yellow passive is good but add boost health like his 3star, and lower the 14ap requirement for the active.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Clea is feeding both Hela and Wong. I'm surprised she's not feeding Strange, given their close relationship. On the bright side, it means more covers/shards for Hela and Wong.

• ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited March 2023
    Options

No feeder. Meanwhile, 3Strange feeds *checks spreadsheet* Nova. Welp.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Omegased said:

@GrimSkald said:

@Omegased said:

@Waddles_Pines said:

don't give me hope

No, I think he needs more than that.

His blue is good, but fortify it.

Purple is useless. Make it remove more than sap, and unable to break.

Yellow passive is good but add boost health like his 3star, and lower the 14ap requirement for the active.

Hahahaha, his purple actually can remove more stuff!
    It's one of those really hilarious abilities where the designer just went "eh, let's make it obvious that it'll always be set to 3."

The 4- and 5- cover upgrades allow it to remove...traps and invisibility tiles. That's right, go check. You didn't remember either!

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

So I have a question about her purple.

Do you get only 1 affect or can you get multiple affects (all that apply)? At Rank 5 for example if my 3x3 Block contains 3 blues, 3 Purples and 3 Yellows do I stun the target for 4 turns, create 5 trap tiles and do burst heal to the Clea + the team?

If so, this power is a lot better than it initially looked, especially that Green doing 560% damage to the enemy team if she's paired with 5*s who do ~900 damage per tile (9x900=8100 x560%=40K team damage). It will be a much requested Team Up power for the stun + team damage.

KGB

• IceIX
    Options

@KGB said:

Do you get only 1 affect or can you get multiple affects (all that apply)? At Rank 5 for example if my 3x3 Block contains 3 blues, 3 Purples and 3 Yellows do I stun the target for 4 turns, create 5 trap tiles and do burst heal to the Clea + the team?

If so, this power is a lot better than it initially looked, especially that Green doing 560% damage to the enemy team if she's paired with 5*s who do ~900 damage per tile (9x900=8100 x560%=40K team damage). It will be a much requested Team Up power for the stun + team damage.

KGB

You can get multiple effects, yes. It'd work exactly how you describe.

• 4TheChains
    4TheChains Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2023
    Options

Not sure if I missed it somewhere, but who all is being referenced by 'their' abilities? So confusing....

• IceIX
    Options

@4TheChains said:
    Not sure if I missed it somewhere, but who all is being referenced by 'their' abilities? So confusing....

Just Clea. I can see about that being clarified in the ability text.

• Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options

@IceIX said:

Creative Caster Black
    If there are 3 or more Black tiles in the selection: Create a 4-turn Black Countdown tile that steals 2 AP in the enemy's strongest color with AP each turn.

• Level 2 : Steal more AP.
    • Level 3: No change.
    • Level 4: 4-turn Countdown.
    • Level 5: No change.

Heya Ice, can you clarify how many more AP on Level 2? Also is level 4 right, it states the CD is 4 turns but the base power is also 4 turns? Is one of the CD lengths wrong or do we get multiple CDs?

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2023
    Options

@ShionSinX said:
    No feeder. Meanwhile, 3Strange feeds *checks spreadsheet* Nova. Welp.

This. Perhaps Dr Strange is too popular, giving out the rewards for reworking him as a feeder would flood out so much Clea. I agree, in the basic concept of 3* Strange -> Clea, but I feel they'll want a slower release than that.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2023
    Options

@KGB said:

KGB

This is not possible. Try drawing out your scenario.