New Supports Experience Blog

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah I'm pretty sure they'll run that offer again.
    It's not like the daily offers are limited to one or two.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm pretty sure Chasm does prevent all the current "do something at start of battle" passives, like BRB, Rocket, etc. If Chasm is on defense and you attack him with BRB, Bill never creates those protect tiles. I assume all the supports that do X at the start of battle would be blocked by his stun as well, since it's the same thing.

Supports in PvP is a really, really bad idea -- at least, supports as currently constructed. Leaving out the Infinity Stone stuff entirely (they were designed to be overpowered, with the caveat that they can't really show up anywhere that matters), handing out a ton of free AP is just a recipe for turn 1 wins. There's a reason they redid the entire boost system to cap free AP at 4.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards

AND we still have an unknown change to MMR upcoming too! I guess go big or go home (hope the players don't go home!) where PvP is concerned is the order of the new Devs! I shall wait and see.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    AND we still have an unknown change to MMR upcoming too! I guess go big or go home (hope the players don't go home!) where PvP is concerned is the order of the new Devs! I shall wait and see.

Yeah I'm looking forward to beta testing all of that.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

@liminal_lad said:

@Scofie said:

@Tony_Foot said:
    God boosted 5* giving you a huge kick in the groin on turn one. What an awesome decision. That won’t be rage inducing at all. The game and supports were not built for defence PvP. The game needs a total rework and rebalance for that, or MPQ2.

I have little doubt in my mind that this will be back tracked on because they are about to annoy the hell out of the longest standing and paying players. I want them on offence, always have. I love supports and like the idea of upgrading them. Having them on defence reduces an already shrinking number of targets in your queue.

If it lasts a month I will be surprised. I don’t want these people running the game anymore. I have little to no faith in their direction they are taking the game. I feel the things they are trying to shoe horn in only works with a complete reset and start again of the game.

I also don’t feel they tell the truth, last week I asked if the new support was going into PVP so I could make a choice to buy or not. Less than a week later it seems they either didn’t know about it or I was lied to.

Hi @Tony_Foot , I was the one that responded on the PvP point. I asked IceIX on Discord and the response I got was posted (albeit paraphrased). It said edit - now copied from thread "Supports won't go into PvP (at least not yet - not ruling it out in the future) - can't without UI changes anyway.". I still think this is correct (and I'd not seen the blog before it was released) though it does appear that the future is a little closer than I'd thought, though I have no idea when the UI changes will be implemented to allow it.

This definitely feels like a lie, even if it's technically true. "Not ruling it out" is almost the complete opposite of "we have definite plans to do so in the near future."

For my part, I was probably more surprised than anyone to see that in the announcement. The exact quote from Discord, after the need for UI changes was "so could in future? But right now, no." All I can say is that I passed on that information in good faith. I do think the UI changes are some way off, but I have absolutely no knowledge of that one way or the other.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

That's probably why BCS posted this in the Karma-Taj thread:

Thanks for this thread. We have an official post that is currently wrapping up approvals that help to clarify some points and give some further insight on the future of Supports. Should answer a few questions and spawn some discussion.

Patience.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards

Supports in pvp.

Man….. BCS is really WILD. It’s about to become the Wild Wild West.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

@HoundofShadow said:
    Supports are places or non-humans in the future. I doubt Chasm can stun non-characters.

And supports heading into pvps is inevitable. They already said it will be a phased approach, so Support won't be activated tomorrow. Adapt or perish. :D

Well I've retired twice before.. looks like Pun is perishing again. I got other things I could be doing

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor

@Punisher5784 said:
    Well I've retired twice before.. looks like Pun is perishing again. I got other things I could be doing

Just put on your Kamar-Taj and you'll stay down, this time -- free to move back into the real world for good.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Honestly, this makes me want to vomit.
    What was no yesterday is yes today.
    This could have been avoided if they released this information first before any team up.

I don’t even want to comment on the changes, I just feel dirty believing what was sent down the channel over the weekend to find out the exact opposite was true.

Can anyone recommend good body soap?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards

Well, on the one hand, supports on defense/given to the AI will make PvP fights much more difficult.

On the other hand, supports on offense will give you a roughly 50% chance of ending every fight before the AI can even move the board.

So it's a wash, I guess? It will definitely change the metagame, in ways that nobody can predict now.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Supports on defense…

Anyone with infinity stones will have major power bumps. Hopefully supports are offensive only.

• MultipleMan98
    MultipleMan98 Posts: 61 Match Maker

Does this mean you can level a 1 star up to a level 5 support without pulling from the store?

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor

Another wrinkle in my quest to champ all classic 5*s. Not sure how or if at all it will effect my goals. Would've been pretty sweet if the blog was put out with the chain offer. Having all the info I do now, would've at least bought the first leg of the chain offer 🤷‍♂️

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor

So shield hopping when any random player might be able to get lucky on turn one with supports and kill your defensive team in 35 seconds should be fun. Hopefully with supports of your own you'll be able to win in 22 seconds and get re-shielded before the hits start coming in.

Good luck everybody!

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

@dianetics said:
    Supports on defense…

Anyone with infinity stones will have major power bumps. Hopefully supports are offensive only.

Still presents lots of problems when shield hopping. If you're unlucky with your supports and board during your hop you might exit the battle with 2-3 losses and less points than it's worth.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

@dianetics said:
    Hopefully supports are offensive only.

They are not, they are on offense as well, they stated this as a reason for the UI change so you can see what the team you are attacking has. You know that small window of teams you can hit in pvp, well it's about to get smaller. Anyone got spare skip ISO?

And don't forget the health packs. Anyone that attacks my team has the chance of facing an AOE for their trouble on turn one. God boosts really need to go if we are using this pvp support system.