Passive: Gorgon cannot be sent Away

entrailbucket
entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards

Noticed this in the challenge node just now. I wonder if this is a new passive that's exclusive to Gorgon, or if they plan to add it to one character in each challenge node from now on? It's certainly one way to shut down the autowin Kang combo!

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards

I think because he’s a “boss” maybe? It definitely cost me placement because I forgot about it and ran out of time on closing. Ah well.

• entrailbucket

Is there a character in the next sub's challenge node that has the same passive?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

The dev posted this about 18 hours ago:

Text updated to reflect this. Thanks for the post!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    Is there a character in the next sub's challenge node that has the same passive?

No.
    Their usual code problem.
    They can probably only set that global on a character.
    So if Gorgon is non-away somewhere, he's non-away everywhere.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

This was also an issue with Ultron in the last event. I hope they updated him too

• entrailbucket

@HoundofShadow said:

Was this posted on Reddit, or Discord? Or maybe on Facebook? Twitter? MySpace?

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023

In Reddit. I don't use Discord.

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor

@entrailbucket said:

@HoundofShadow said:

Was this posted on Reddit, or Discord? Or maybe on Facebook? Twitter? MySpace?

Someplace where you have to luck into it. Not here.

• HoundofShadow

AI has supports enabled. Someone mentioned Riri/mThor with +12 green aps at start of game. They will keep them stunned for 3 turns, and by the time they are awake, all or most of IM40's cds would be destroyed.

• entrailbucket

@Daredevil217 said:
    Also, Hawkeye and two 3* the new grill or cupcake or whatever it’s called (I don’t know the difference) in Sim? Will be able to turn-3 beat any team (unless Chasm nerfs all).

Was this meant for the "supports in PvE" thread? This is the "stealth Gorgon buff" thread.

• entrailbucket

Bosses are immune to stun and airborne too, though. They also tend to show up by themselves, and Gorgon tends to show up in a team.

Anyway this is definitely not a big deal, it's just kind of weird. I was wondering if it was part of some overall nerf to the autowin Kang team -- sounds like it's not.

(Completely unrelated, but Kang/Hawkeye/IM40 needs a team name, and if it's something lazy like KangHawkMan I will be extraordinarily disappointed in the community (again)).

• Yepyep

@entrailbucket said:
    Bosses are immune to stun and airborne too, though. They also tend to show up by themselves, and Gorgon tends to show up in a team.

Anyway this is definitely not a big deal, it's just kind of weird. I was wondering if it was part of some overall nerf to the autowin Kang team -- sounds like it's not.

(Completely unrelated, but Kang/Hawkeye/IM40 needs a team name, and if it's something lazy like KangHawkMan I will be extraordinarily disappointed in the community (again)).

KimHawk?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

KwameBrown

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards

Blue Hawkaii

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2023

@entrailbucket said:

Team away, go away!, up up and away...

• entrailbucket
    edited March 2023

@Yepyep said:

@entrailbucket said:

KimHawk?

Nooooooo, please!

A good team/combo name describes what it does or who's in it, but as an inside joke that only means something to MPQ players. ("Charlie's Angels," "Winfinite," etc).

This current batch of team/combo names just combines the characters' names into weird babytalk nonsense words like Hulkoye.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2023

@entrailbucket said:
    Noticed this in the challenge node just now. I wonder if this is a new passive that's exclusive to Gorgon, or if they plan to add it to one character in each challenge node from now on? It's certainly one way to shut down the autowin Kang combo!

Ultron can't be sent away either..also neither could 5* cap when he was a 1 man team in a node

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor

I just call that team "Kang-cheese".

• Yepyep

Kangarrow Tony?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@Yepyep said:

@entrailbucket said:

KimHawk?

Nooooooo, please!

A good team/combo name describes what it does or who's in it, but as an inside joke that only means something to MPQ players. ("Charlie's Angels," "Winfinite," etc).

This current batch of team/combo names just combines the characters' names into weird babytalk nonsense words like Hulkoye.

How about Kang's Avengers - since Hawkeye and Iron Man are both Avengers.

Or if you like the TV show theme stuff (Charlies Angels) then we could go with 'The Away Team' as a take off of the old TV show 'The A Team'.

KGB