What's New MPQ: March 2023 (Updated 3/16/23)

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:
    Yeah last one was Monkey, now it's Wong's turn.
    It just looks bad because they're constantly one release behind.

True but I'm surprised they didn't skip Wong for Kang. I> @ShionSinX said:

Colleen was cut off from the rotation at least twice now, and next latest rotation (after EIGHT classics in a row) will start with Namora. I guess 4* rotation will be shortened again and rotate a couple of them at once and shes gonna lose about 8~10 covers total in rewards (for SCL9).

This is a good point. I was just thinking about how I haven't had a chance to use my champed Colleen.

@IceIX is it too late to switch Namora for Colleen? We've had a ton of time with Namora already.

• Skindo
    Skindo Posts: 11 Just Dropped In

Colleen was cut off from the rotation at least twice now, and next latest rotation (after EIGHT classics in a row) will start with Namora. I guess 4* rotation will be shortened again and rotate a couple of them at once and shes gonna lose about 8~10 covers total in rewards (for SCL9).

This is a good point. I was just thinking about how I haven't had a chance to use my champed Colleen.

@IceIX is it too late to switch Namora for Colleen? We've had a ton of time with Namora already.

I second this. I was really excited for Colleen bc she feeds Shang and my 4* Danny only has 6 covers. Would love to see her more in rotation.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

@Skindo said:

I second this. I was really excited for Colleen bc she feeds Shang and my 4* Danny only has 6 covers. Would love to see her more in rotation.

It's noticeable because I've been shargeting other 4*s for a while rather than champing Colleen (SC is already one of my higher 5s). Normally she would be champed organically by now but even M'Baku has more covers, thanks to a random HT pull.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

They also gave out like 50 M'Baku covers through EOTS.

• jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor

@Punisher5784 said:

@Bowgentle said:

Namora and Abomination have both been shorted a run as a PVE 4E, from the mistaken Reptil/Doop/Deathlok run. For folks who don't PVP, that leaves each of them short of expectation.

What I'd like to see happen right now is Namora for Hearts of Darkness (out of Latest 4E after that), Abomination starting 3/23, "Half at Fault" for the event after (as new release demands), then Colleen, then M'Baku, filler Classic, then pick up the L3C2 rotation with Colleen, M'Baku, "Half at Fault" in whatever order, adjusted as necessary for the April 4* release.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,310 Site Admin

Updated this evening out to the end of the month!

• Pottsie1980
    Pottsie1980 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In

Thanks for the update. Always helps with roster planning to see a few events forward

• ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited March 2023

@jffdougan said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Bowgentle said:

Namora and Abomination have both been shorted a run as a PVE 4E, from the mistaken Reptil/Doop/Deathlok run. For folks who don't PVP, that leaves each of them short of expectation.

What I'd like to see happen right now is Namora for Hearts of Darkness (out of Latest 4E after that), Abomination starting 3/23, "Half at Fault" for the event after (as new release demands), then Colleen, then M'Baku, filler Classic, then pick up the L3C2 rotation with Colleen, M'Baku, "Half at Fault" in whatever order, adjusted as necessary for the April 4* release.

Colleen might have been shorted out completely at this point, as shes already in the banner for Classic Legends token. The event after WW might be her last featured one, who knows.

Reptil and Doop made two (maybe three in Reptil's case?) appearances in the rotation after they've left latest status which doesnt helps the schedule at all.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

No Bagman or Spider-Ham pvps around April's Fools? Isn't that usually a thing?

• jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor

@AlexR said:
    No Bagman or Spider-Ham pvps around April's Fools? Isn't that usually a thing?

I think those would be likely to appear on the April post.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

Oooh, just saw Crystal is boosted from Thursday, just in time as I just champed her! Yay!

Engineering fixes for various "Away" mechanics issues affecting Kang and Wong (and future characters)

Hmm...so are we to assume that future characters will also have the "Away" ability?!?!?

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor

Was looking at my notes this morning and realized that we started hearts of darkness on the 20th last year as well.

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler

Looks like we get a day off before the next PVE.

• Bowgentle

@MrPlow said:

And full overlap with the boss event.
    Again.
    Engagement metrics must look great, for this to constantly happen now.

• hipUK
    hipUK Posts: 75 Match Maker

Oof, did DST break the server or something?

• bigwhoop
    bigwhoop Posts: 49 Just Dropped In

Please stop adjusting the schedule, and just let it be. I just want event everyday that I can play. I don’t care if boss event runs with other PVE!

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

I don’t like when a PvE event isn’t running.
    Is this going to be a thing moving forward?

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker

Agreed. This didn’t used to be an issue.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker

. > @Bowgentle said:

@MrPlow said:

And full overlap with the boss event.
    Again.
    Engagement metrics must look great, for this to constantly happen now.

While i never minded that happening, the calendar is in error as the first post with the updated PvE events says Webbed Wonder ends on the 31st so it barely runs concurrent with the boss by a day. Whether or not they’re running another PvE directly after it remains to be seen since there’s nothing that’s been officially updated for April as of yet so we’ll have to wait till the end of the week to see if that’s the case or not.

• Bowgentle

I don't get the point of that calendar picture if we can never trust it.