MPQ 2023 New Character Poll Winner

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker

Congrats to fans of the Silver Samurai for voting him into the top place in our 2023 New Character Poll! I'm not joking when I say that there were multiple rock solid contenders that shocked our expectations... they swapped places many times during the voting period. Rank choice voting played a huge factor in this one and it was fun to see the results.

Due to the amount of voters received, it's taking us a little longer to announce the winners of the sweepstakes so please stay tuned to our social channels for an official announcement in the upcoming weeks!

Thanks again everyone!

Comments

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 362 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Nice, hope he's a 5*

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,544 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:
    Nice, hope he's a 5*

Seconded.

• Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options

Nope, Silver Samurai is a 4 star.. its was announced. Back in the voting thread back in february. I would keep the expections low on how SS turns out. Out of the old voting list Deathlok turned out to be great, unlike black knight who needs a rework.. hopefully SS turns out to be great like Deathlok.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2023
    Options

Unfortunately he will be a 4* as they have been thus far with these polls. Hopefully however he'll be a totally legit 4* that pairs very well within the 5* tier. This is who I voted for, glad to see him joining my roster soon.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,614 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I hope they learn their lesson from Black Knight whose power set is just...strange? Samurai should be pretty straight forward - sword that combines with mutant energy power = cuts through things. So big damage. Probably some sort of power called "Bushido code" or the like. That sort of thing and not

Black: 8 AP "Silver Samurai leaps into battle using his code of Bushido which creates 3 charged tiles except on a Wednesday. Deals 80 damage to enemy team and 180 damage to Samurai unless he is paired with Viper (not currently in game). Then send Silver Samurai airbourne using his teleportation ring. When Samurai returns from airbourne...uhm...create a web tile maybe?"