MPQ Alliance Contest: St Patrick's Day Green AP Smash Party

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards

I mean I remember waaaaay back when two players had a "bet" on outscoring each other on the Forums on some event (can't remember what it was now) and the points went off the scale by a degree not even understandable, lol!

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 246 Tile Toppler

Isn’t there a fairly fast point where there is nothing more to do until the next day? Or is it endless PvP for low points?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards

I suspect it was PvP related and I think it might have even been an Off Season event but it is so long ago I can't remember with any level of certainty.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards

@Zarqa said:
    Isn’t there a fairly fast point where there is nothing more to do until the next day? Or is it endless PvP for low points?

It is endless PvP for low (and quite often, not so low) points. Lightning rounds still exist, as well.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards

Probably hired some kids in India to play 24x7 for them. I've seen it done in other games for what amounts to pennies a day. Or bot scripts to inject events like mouse movements etc.

KGB

• entrailbucket

I obviously can't speak for everyone, but I know quite a few of these sorts of folks, and they are absolutely playing every single match themselves.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

They also don't sleep.
    Well one of them anyway.

• entrailbucket

I remember an event where a player (not the one you're thinking of, although that was a good guess!) attacked another player something like 500 times in a row, and screenshotted every single hit. It made a beautiful mosaic!

...the point is that a fair number of the very top players in MPQ play a LOT, and if there's a contest to see who can play the most, well, you never really had a chance.

• Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker

Alright, so who were the T50?

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2023

Thank you everyone for participating in our very first MPQ Alliance Contest! We picked up a few great suggestions from the community so we'll try to make adjustments for the upcoming contests. Unfortunately we aren't able to show a leaderboard in real time in-game so here's a list of the top 50 alliances from the contest! Congrats! We'll be sending out your green Polaris covers sometime this week.

[EDIT] Rerunning report due to dupes.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Why do some alliances appear more than once? I can't recognise most of the alliances. :D

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Maybe check the list again, either that's a lot of double or triple entries, or you forgot to add up the individual players' entries.

• S0kun

Very odd. Let me go through this again and double check.

• S0kun

Okay. After some number re-crunching, here're the top 50 alliances! Previous numbers were separated by dates per row so that's why there were dupes.

• Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker

I'll just assume my alliance was 51st, but I guess I'll never know for sure.

• entrailbucket

This list is more or less what I'd expect to see -- the top 50 or so alliances in the game.

• S0kun

We'll try to think of future competitions that don't result in expected winners. i.e. a sweepstakes where alliances are entered if they hit a certain threshold. Winners are then drawn randomly.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

@S0kun said:
    We'll try to think of future competitions that don't result in expected winners. i.e. a sweepstakes where alliances are entered if they hit a certain threshold. Winners are then drawn randomly.

Are the awards based on current alliance members? What if I was in one of these alliances at any point during the competition?

• CoxLargo
    CoxLargo Posts: 53 Match Maker

Top 50, nice

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 579 Critical Contributor

Whoa, I think our alliance made it! I soooo need that cover, I'm so happy right now! 🥰

Thanks devs! 💖

When do we get it?