MPQ Alliance Contest: St Patrick's Day Green AP Smash Party

S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 339 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Happy early St. Patrick's Day everyone!

We hope you've got some fun and safe festivities planned over this holiday weekend! Wanted to let you know that we're celebrating the holiday with our first ever alliance contest dubbed the "Green AP Smash Party". As the name eludes.... match green AP to win! Here are the full details!

When: Friday March 17th 12:00am PDT to Sunday March 19th 11:59pm PDT
Criteria: Match the most green AP
Winners: Top 50 Alliances to match the most cumulative 🟩 Green AP
Prize: All members of the winning alliances will receive a 🟩 Polaris Cover
Winner Announcement: We'll announce the winners next week ounce our leprechauns have done their calculations! Roughly mid week.

We've got more alliance contests planned in the future so please feel free to share feedback with us as we roll them out.

Meanwhile, I'm really curious, which teams are you going to be using for this contest and why?

Tagged:

Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor

I'm a lone wolf so good luck to everybody!

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards

No offense at all, because I really like events like this in general, but with the prize being a Green Polaris cover, I just don't see my strategy changing that much. Maybe I am wrong, but I imagine I will just be playing business as usual

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker

How much longer do we have boosted 5SL? He does pretty good with his yellow triggering Charged Green. 5 Banner/5Switch will be putting in some work!

Do charged tiles count as 3x? Is it total green AP gained? So would IM40/Valk generate points?

Seems like a really fun new way to get Alliances involved! Please consider next time being an achievement; the top alliances don’t change and its just a gimme to the already haves and they don’t care about one 4* cover- even if it is Polaris. Newbs would appreciate more and can feel like their contributions mattered.

Appreciate the bravery to try new stuff! I like the direction game is going and I’m looking forward to the next development!

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor

How will we follow how well we are doing? That seems to be a missing part of a contest like this.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

@St_Bernadus said:
    How will we follow how well we are doing? That seems to be a missing part of a contest like this.

My alliance will maintain a spreadsheet. Each member will report their daily green smash count

In all seriousness, it would be neat to actually see the smash count and compare it to the competition on the actual game

• AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 85 Match Maker

Alludes.

This eluded your reviewers’ attention. :)

Great promotion by the way. Looking forward to more like this.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 339 Mover and Shaker

@St_Bernadus said:

We have no way to surface the leaderboard publicly so it's a bit of a blind contest. Something to consider for upcoming contests though or at least updates after certain periods. Best case scenario, it would be awesome to show an in game leaderboard for a specific contest criteria, but I'll have to brainstorm with BCS on timeline and feasibility.

• Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker

Will this be locked in, like boss events, or be the total at the end of event, for if a person joins your alliance

• jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor

Strictly matched, or would destroyed via, e.g., match-4 or Gladiathor, count?

• AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 85 Match Maker

@S0kun said:

@St_Bernadus said:

We have no way to surface the leaderboard publicly so it's a bit of a blind contest. Something to consider for upcoming contests though or at least updates after certain periods. Best case scenario, it would be awesome to show an in game leaderboard for a specific contest criteria, but I'll have to brainstorm with BCS on timeline and feasibility.

Looker Studio ;)

• Weirdnerd2009
    Weirdnerd2009 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In

Charlie's angels time!

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler

Hmm so if deathlok gains 3 green every turn does this count towards green ap earned? Or red hulk purple generating green ap?

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2023

The criteria says Match green ap, not earn.

I would think its only matches not destroyed rows or anything else. Kamala, Grey Widow and some of the Hulks are probably best for this... I could be wrong of course but this seems easiest to track for them, like the daily milestones.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler

I've just realised it's this weekend? No in game announcement? I only seen this today so my alliance didn't know about it

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 125 Tile Toppler

Has to go down as one of the weirdest contests ever. No in game announcement, no way of seeing where you are on the leaderboard and a prize that isn't really worth any additional effort anyway. I can't wait to either receive or not receive my Polaris cover :)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

I assume that the top Alliances will win this without even realising they were trying! Whereupon they will either have to start their 4th Polaris dupe or sell for iso, lol!

Would have been a bit nicer if this could have been organised a bit more so that the guys who could really use that Polaris cover had a shot at winning.

I am not fussed either way myself so I hope the top 50 alliances enjoy!

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,805 Chairperson of the Boards

I remember one time, years ago, they ran a contest to see who could play the most matches (or something like that, maybe the most matches played with one character?). A bunch of forum folks made (what they thought was) a concerted effort to try to win it, but it was pretty obvious to all the Line people which player would win.

When the results came out, it was indeed the player we suspected, and the total was like 5,000 matches or something, when the closest forum competitor was around a couple hundred.

The players who play MPQ a lot play MPQ a LOT -- like, way, way more than you would think is possible.