***** Magik (Phoenix Five) *****

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards

I just champed 5Magik from the Limbo store. Is there a consensus best build yet?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

I would probably run her 553.

For her purple the damage reduction from supernatural enemies is not game changing and the aoe is pretty good. You don’t lose any ap destruction either.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards

Do we know, yet, if she's working as intended?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@Borstock said:

There's not been a peep from the devs.
    Even though no doubt "someone" will dig out a post from the previous dev crew from 2016 to prove something.

• Borstock

@Bowgentle said:

@Borstock said:

Even though no doubt "someone" will dig out a post from the previous dev crew from 2016 to prove something.

Wonderful. It's not like her store just opened or anything.... Oh, wait...

• dianetics
    edited March 2023

I’m guessing she is working as intended and that’s why they nerfed her. Her black is her best powers and it’s up to the user to decide between red and purple.

• LavaManLee

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll try her at 553 and take her for a spin in Sim with Okoye and ?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

If she's not working as intended, then the dev will "unnerf" or even buff her because they "nerfed" her based on wrong info. You've to pull anyway.

• Borstock

@HoundofShadow said:
    If she's not working as intended, then the dev will "unnerf" or even buff her because they "nerfed" her based on wrong info. You've to pull anyway.

Whether I agree with your logic or not, I'm uncomfortable making assumptions about what this dev team is thinking.

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler

@LavaManLee said:
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll try her at 553 and take her for a spin in Sim with Okoye and ?

Let us know how it goes please

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2023

@Borstock said:

TBH, I don't think it matters. If she gets nerfed then there will be chance she will get adjusted down the road. And boosted she is still good.
    It is unlikely she makes a dent on a competitive PvE roster. She is fun to play character so as long as you don't mind hits she is good. Then when you want to get to 1200 switch to something faster or annoying.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 246 Tile Toppler

@Bowgentle said:

Thanks for the morning chuckle. Glad I didn’t just take a sip of coffee when I read that.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

After what the dev has done for the game so far, if they still can't gain your trust, no one will.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

@Borstock said:

Given that they have already revised her between announcement and release I think implication is that she is now working as intended. But I wouldn't bet my cp hoard on that.

As for build I think 5/3/5 for most uses makes sense given how strong the competing red options are, but there is a case to be made for a 3/5/5 build that goes for maximum permanent damage.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2023

@HoundofShadow said:
    After what the dev has done for the game so far, if they still can't gain your trust, no one will.

Welcome to the Internet. There's donuts in the room over there. Don't drink the coffee though it's ****.

• LavaManLee

@658_2 said:

@LavaManLee said:

Let us know how it goes please

Tried several combos that kind of work but they are slow. Magik/Okoye + Emma and then + Col and then + Apoc. They are all just "fine". Nothing worth writing home about yet. Will keep tinkering.

• dianetics

@LavaManLee said:
    Tried several combos that kind of work but they are slow. Magik/Okoye + Emma and then + Col and then + Apoc. They are all just "fine". Nothing worth writing home about yet. Will keep tinkering.

Did you run Wanda Okoye/Wanda Apoc yet?

• LavaManLee

Nice call. Wanda Okoye worked quite well. Played against champed Elektra / Crystal / SC. Concentrated on matching the demon tiles first, team ups second and everything else third. Able to beat them quite easily.

Wanda Apoc not as lucky. Played vs Abigal / Kitty / Dormammu. Kitty ate up the tiles and lost fairly unexpectedly.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

If it's working as intended, I will send a ticket to CS because finally I got a fatty HM and I want a 65 % bonus against villains playing with wong.
    (And I won't ask my PX having a 181% match damage reduction if playing with colossus and kingping, because right now colossus mach damage reduction is not working, kingping match damage reduction neither, PX neither).

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker

@LavaManLee said:
    Nice call. Wanda Okoye worked quite well. Played against champed Elektra / Crystal / SC. Concentrated on matching the demon tiles first, team ups second and everything else third. Able to beat them quite easily.

Wanda Apoc not as lucky. Played vs Abigal / Kitty / Dormammu. Kitty ate up the tiles and lost fairly unexpectedly.

Dormammu?