Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards

@qandols said:
    Nice one! One knit pick, isn't it First avenger cap?

Actually you’re right. Good catch.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler

@fractalvisions said:
    I got caught out in the Shuri PvP by some Shuri, Deathlok and Kang teams. Tried it out myself and I've never seen so many defensive wins! Deathlok generates blue and green so quickly, it's hard to stop them.

Speaking of Shuri, I've also been trying to find a good way to team her up with Green Goblin to take advantage of his ability to fortify countdowns and repeaters (outside of the current PvP, of course, otherwise opposing Shuri negates the power cost reduction). I've had fun teaming them up with Ronan. Try and get some blue quickly and get out Ronan's repeaters. They start to multiply, Goblin fortifies them and Shuri makes all your powers much cheaper and the enemies more expensive. This also means that there are plenty of fortified tiles available and so a better chance for Shri's blasters to stun, plus added bonus damage from Ronan for all the repeaters hit. It's a little slow to get going, especially as my Goblin and Ronan are 1/2/2 and 2/1/3 respectively (both at lvl 330), so isn't super effective but is certainly fun when it works. Probably more so if I ever get them champed and if Goblin ever gets the well needed buff to his numbers.

Thank you for this.. shuri deathlok and kang are making light work of pve and pvp shield sim..

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 181 Tile Toppler

I am amazed by Odin, Brand, and 4* Torch. Truly awesome power combinations.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

Beat a higher level immortal trio with Silver Surfer, 5* Hit Monkey, and 5* Kang, with all the downs (/aways) coming from the powers that seem designed for the purpose which was somewhat satisfying and I'm sure would please the devs.

There's no real hope of this lot doing anything on defence though, sadly.

• Alex502
    edited March 2023

Just had lots of fun with 5* SWitch, Domino, and 3* Magik, for mostly obvious reasons. SWitch helped keep some red or purple coming back to the board in the absolute flood of black tiles Domino can bring. Really gives Magik a chance to shine, and rock out in Limbo for most of the match.

PS: I wanted to double check and see first, and I think that because Magik deals a little bit of friendly fire, that adds a charge to SWitch's repeater tile, reflecting more damage to the enemy than they received from Magik. This requires Magik to be slotted on the team before SWitch, because you want her Limbo damage to proc before SWitch's repeater. To be fair, I'm just guessing at this from the damage coming from the repeater, as we can't ever really see the charges on her tile.

Update: I no longer think that SWitch's repeater ticks up from Magik. Didn't see any damage go off each turn while facing minions, and Magik was in Limbo, so its a probably not.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2023

I'm now in single-5* mmr, so testing 4* is much more inconvenient for me than it used to be, sadly. Nevertheless, back to 4* champing/testing I go. Champed 4* Prof X recently and am currently amusing myself with a variation of an old classic-- let's call them Charlie's Night-Angels.

4* Prof X/Nightcrawler/3* SWitch, with Nightcrawler having the highest level.

Pretty straight-forward. SWitch tints the board purple until Nightcrawler can start BAMF-teleporting around the purple board. Every 5* match Nightcrawler makes gives more purple AP and damage via the Professor. The additional purple can keep Nightcrawler supplied for a good while, even when he finally cascades the purple off the board.

• Alex502
    edited March 2023

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Well I’m calling it…. Deathlock is the best battery in the game. This guy gives life to a bunch of characters even if he’s the only technologist/synthetic on the team.

4* Sam Wilson
    5* Captain America (First Avenger)
    Deathlock

Did you know Sam was a technologist? I literally found out during his boost week just messing around. With Cap being a stronger character, that gives +2 yellow and red each turn. You can fire off Sam’s yellow pretty early if you don’t want to wait for cap’s (which is a great power btw). But the kicker is cap’s red.

Cap’s red does good damage and drops a 2-turn cd that gains 7AP in the strongest color when it expires +2 for every other member of team cap. Sam is team cap of course so that’s +9 yellow. Oh wait, but you’re gaining +2 yellow cuz of Deathlock. And you can cut the cd timer down by matching blue cuz of Sam’s blue passive.

Basically you’ll fire cap’s yellow and then his red and once it expires, you fire yellow again. You’ll be firing yellow quite a bit.

I've fooled around looking for a variety on this, and Coulson makes an excellent swap for Wilson. Looked for Yellow strongest, Team Cap characters, and frankly his countdown interactions work really well here too. Shifts around what colors you chase, but it validates purple if you need / want to throw it.

PS: To that end, D5reDevil works well here for color coverage, but he isn't a technologist. Kamala is also a Yellow strongest Team Cap, but not a technologist. Ultimately, Wilson and Coulson are the options here, but its cool that there's two choices for that specific a filter of abilities.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards

My experience with SWitch's cd: Either she places it so it immediately get matched OR it is placed near a lot of other blue tiles so the AI will match it next turn OR it survives until count 1 and then the AI will kill it with a match 4 OR I will have to match it because there are no other matches.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor

@qandols said:
    My experience with SWitch's cd: Either she places it so it immediately get matched OR it is placed near a lot of other blue tiles so the AI will match it next turn OR it survives until count 1 and then the AI will kill it with a match 4 OR I will have to match it because there are no other matches.

This is my exact experience Jean Grey (Phoenix) revive tile.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Here's some other alternatives:
    1) Crystal + green ap supports. There are lots of them. Put her with Emma if you think her AoE won't be enough.

2) Magik + purple supports. Put her with Emma to give a 70% boost.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Crystals green costs 6, so you need more than 1 support to proc.
    Don't have the covers to test out Magik yet. but again 6 ap.

RiRi costs 3, so only 1 support needs to proc not both, and at 60% chance it is virtually every battle.

• HoundofShadow

Once Supports can be sharded, it's 6 green/purple ap at 80% at R5. It's only a matter of time.

• dianetics

In the future, at some point, soonTM, maybe, who knows, of course some day.

I only know whats in the game now. RiRi can wipe easy nodes in CL10 on turn 1 with no matches almost every match with partners using the supports that are in the game now.

Maybe someday in the future it will change. Right now this is the most reliable I can find.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2023

Run deathlok as the 3rd and you can guarantee 3 red on turn 2 in case the support doesn't proc.

• dianetics

Then I would rather just run my 1 turn match teams. Kamala/Polaris/R4G or Knull/Polaris/R4G.
    The point is to win before turn 2.

I'm looking for teams that are equal to or faster than Hulkoye for the easy nodes. Any turn 2 match team is going to be slower.

This RiRi team is special because there are no banners, no procs, no matches nothing. The game itself delays because it is so fast.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

The one move for Rocket, Juggs and Gamora shouldn't take 3-5 minutes longer on the trivials.

• dianetics

My juggs isn't doing enough damage and my R4G is too low. I know the team works and is great I just don't have the kit for it yet.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Ah ok, yeah that takes a few levels to work.

• HoundofShadow

5* Colossus + Thanos + modern 5* with high purple/green/red. I use this for easy nodes.