OKTAGON Q&A Session - March 2023 *UPDATE (4/13/2023)

Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2023 in MtGPQ General Discussion

ANSWERS

1. "Back in November. there was a post entitled ""Help us with feedback for a new feature!"". it triggered a good amount of interest and discussion, but we heard no more about it. Now 3 months later, any chance we could have an update? Has this been abandoned? Is there any progress? Do you need or want some feedback or suggestions from us in the community? I enjoyed reading the thoughtful comments of so many players, it would be nice to hear what has come of their feedback. 😀
    Answer: We read the thoughts shared by players at that forum post and took considerations about what we were aiming for. Some of you talked about relevant points we brought into discussion, such as insights about color mastery, while some of you talked about points we weren't aiming for, at least at this moment, such as changing coalition ranks.
    Still this is a feature that requires a lot of details to be precisely taken care of in order to provide you the best experience we can deliver. Asking your opinion was a very early step we wanted to take to avoid going to a direction that wouldn't feel good for our players, but was still only the beginning. We still haven't taken some decisions that would be core for that possible future, so we can't provide more detail about it for now. But we really appreciate a lot that you shared your thoughts!

2. "I see that there are two different full art versions of Plummet in the Battle for Zendikar set. When will they become available?"
    Answer: Thank you for your interest in these cards. Fblthp is a moody creature, but once in a while he appears and reoffers his findings. By the way he is to return soon, so watch out and make sure you catch him.

3. I really enjoyed using the new toxin mechanic. The only thing I wish is that I could see my own, and my opponents toxin count in real time without needing to click the phyrexian toxin support token. I think this is necessary to avoid suddenly winning/losing because our only chance to see the toxin count is prior to a swap. Maybe you could use the same system done for experience points by daxos and kalemne? So that the toxin reinforcement count is shown on the top beside the life count for both palyers.
    Answer: Thank you for your detailed feedback. We have shared this with the Design team.

Hi everyone,
How are you?
Here's another Q&A SESSION.
We will answer the questions posted by March 31st, so please send your questions and doubts to the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeYqub9Qek-ycIeX8mddiH9MPqudIxeRfiNECZRaKCHHxDBGA/viewform.
Make sure to submit only 2-3 questions maximum, this way the team is able to focus and will try to answer all questions in a given month.

Thank you for all the support,
Rebeca

Comments

• Namelesstoon
    Namelesstoon Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2023

My February question was missed/skipped, so I will copy/paste it again here.

Back in November. there was a post entitled "Help us with feedback for a new feature!". it triggered a good amount of interest and discussion, but we heard no more about it.

Now 3 months later, any chance we could have an update? Has this been abandoned? Is there any progress? Do you need or want some feedback or suggestions from us in the community?

I enjoyed reading the thoughtful comments of so many players, it would be nice to hear what has come of their feedback. 😀

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Namelesstoon - did you submit your question as described or did you only write it here on the forum?

• Namelesstoon

is writing it here on the forum not the way to do it? it eould be a shame if there was another way of doing it taking away from posting in the forum and adding tobthe quiet around here...lol

• Namelesstoon

Well, I found the hyperlink (though having it on the word here leaves it with a bit of a double interpretation of here in this thread.) Thank you Tremayne for tipping me off to my error so that I can correct it this month. 😉

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

@Namelesstoon said:
    is writing it here on the forum not the way to do it? it eould be a shame if there was another way of doing it taking away from posting in the forum and adding tobthe quiet around here...lol

Yes, it is not very intuitive, but I think, you and I are not the only one to have fallen in this trap. It is annoying to have your question ignored, but that is the happens.

I hope you get a response this month.

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker

Have you had any FAQ questions submitted this month?

question also submitted via webform

• Asylamb
    Asylamb Posts: 160 Tile Toppler

@KrizzB had a very reasonable question in the January thread:

Isn't the point of this to read the questions, discuss with the devs and get answers, then come back here and post those answers?
    There are wayyy too many instances of the generic "We shared this with the devs, thanks" responses to justify us investing any effort into this anymore..

That might also be a reason why the February thread was closed without any questions to answer.

• Asylamb
    Asylamb Posts: 160 Tile Toppler

It seems like you're looking for feedback (which is relatively one-way, Players share their experience with Devs), but erroneously call it Q&A (which are two-way interactions).

• KrizzB
    KrizzB Posts: 91 Match Maker

@Asylamb said:
    @KrizzB had a very reasonable question in the January thread:

Isn't the point of this to read the questions, discuss with the devs and get answers, then come back here and post those answers?
    There are wayyy too many instances of the generic "We shared this with the devs, thanks" responses to justify us investing any effort into this anymore..

That might also be a reason why the February thread was closed without any questions to answer.

I never actually posted that question other than writing in the thread, maybe I'll try sending it in this month to see where it leads..

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards

@Namelesstoon said:

It took me about a year to learn this

• Magic:PQ Support Team

Hey guys,
    I'm sorry for the confusion. I'll try to rewrite it to make it more apparent that the questions must be submitted in the forms.
    Thanks so much for the feedback! 😁
    Rebeca.

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker

@Oktagon_Support said:
    Hey guys,
    I'm sorry for the confusion. I'll try to rewrite it to make it more apparent that the questions must be submitted in the forms.
    Thanks so much for the feedback! 😁
    Rebeca.

Maybe just do away with the forms and read the posts in the thread?

It's no different from reading the posts in the Suggestions & Feedback subforum, and you already read those... .... right? I mean you do read those? Or is it just a graveyard where suggestions go to die? If so, and it serves no purpose, then maybe delete it?

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    edited April 2023

(4/13/23) UPDATE - Answers
    Thank you all for participating 🧡, the April Q&A has already started here.
    Rebeca

• Namelesstoon

@Oktagon_Support said:
    (4/13/23) UPDATE - Answers
    Thank you all for participating 🧡, the April Q&A has already started here.
    Rebeca

Sorry if I missed it, but were there answers posted somewhere for March?

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker

@Namelesstoon said:
    Sorry if I missed it, but were there answers posted somewhere for March?

They update the first post to include the answers so you just have to scroll up.