*** Magik (Darkchylde) ***

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Something to note:
    1) She creates her passive repeater via her red power after shuffling the board.

2)My 5* Colossus was doing over 20k in black match-3 damage right at the start of the game, whereas he was doing over 6k damage in yellow. I suspect this is a bug because it specifically mentioned that Magik's black matches deal 250% more damage.

3)After transformation, all match damage, including her allies, do 250% more damage. After she transformed, my Colossus blue matches and yellow were doing over 20k damage as well.

I have tested only these.

I'm looking forward to trying SC, Deathlok and her in pves.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards

@HoundofShadow said:
    Something to note:
    1) She creates her passive repeater via her red power after shuffling the board.

2)My 5* Colossus was doing over 20k in black match-3 damage right at the start of the game, whereas he was doing over 6k damage in yellow. I suspect this is a bug because it specifically mentioned that Magik's black matches deal 250% more damage.

3)After transformation, all match damage, including her allies, do 250% more damage. After she transformed, my Colossus blue matches and yellow were doing over 20k damage as well.

I have tested only these.

I'm looking forward to trying SC, Deathlok and her in pves.

LOL.

I can't even. LOL.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

@HoundofShadow said:
    Something to note:

Actually the wording is "Black matches do 50% more damage" and after going to Limbo its "All matches do 50% more damage.". No mention of it being HER matches. So it's doing exactly what it says.

Another 3 star who works best with 5s esp with her purple crit power and of course she's every bit as broken as 3 Kang's Blue.

KGB

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker

@KGB said:

@HoundofShadow said:
    Something to note:

Actually the wording is "Black matches do 50% more damage" and after going to Limbo its "All matches do 50% more damage.". No mention of it being HER matches. So it's doing exactly what it says.

Another 3 star who works best with 5s esp with her purple crit power and of course she's every bit as broken as 3 Kang's Blue.

KGB

The pre limbo does say her black matches but yes the post limbo does say all with no mention of being her matches.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards

It seems like BCS is going out of it's way to make awesome 3* versions of the "meh" 5* versions. Not sure what the end game is but this is more than a trend, IMHO.

• HoundofShadow

Any power more than 8 black aps is too expensive. I can't believe anyome can conveniently forget this.

• HoundofShadow

Yes, I should be more clear. Pre-Limbo, it specifically states that only Magik's black matches deal 250% more damage. However, my Colossus was dealing over 20k damage at the start of the game and my black ap was zero. After Limbo, everyone's match damage dealt 250% more damage. BCS is still creating different vocabulary from Demiurge, so it's difficult to be sure what they meant. Demiurge wouldn't word her ability this way.

I'm waiting for the dev to release new Supports that give +6 black aps at the start of the game that can be equipped to heroes or all Currently, I'm using Deathlok to speed things up. The passive 2 black ap gains is neat though. When this is accomplished, SC/Deathlok/Magik should be mighty. Let's not forget that creating critical tiles net you ap of the basic tile being replaced.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 186 Tile Toppler

This sounds to me like the charges should add up and create multiple critical tiles but I'm just creating 1 critical tile each time the other team match 1 of my colours?? Am I reading it wrong

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

You only have level 1 skill.

• Sp1d3r

It's the borrowed 1.. the passive still reads that once per turn she gains a charge if 1 of her colours is matched and then creates a critical for each charge?

• HoundofShadow

Once per turn....

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

As I read it, once per turn it creates x critical times, where x is the number of charges on the counter.

So assuming they match/ drain/ steal on each turn:

Enemy Turn 1 - adds charge.
    Turn 2 - create a critical.
    Enemy turn 2 - adds charge
    Turn 3 - creates 2 critical tiles.

• Sp1d3r
    edited March 2023

@Scofie said:
    As I read it, once per turn it creates x critical times, where x is the number of charges on the counter.

So assuming they match/ drain/ steal on each turn:

Enemy Turn 1 - adds charge.
    Turn 2 - create a critical.
    Enemy turn 2 - adds charge
    Turn 3 - creates 2 critical tiles.

Yes this is what I thought but it just creates 1 critical each turn

• HoundofShadow

If it works the way you described, it looks pretty broken.

• Sp1d3r

@HoundofShadow said:

Yep each time the AI matches 1 of her 3 colours she creates 1 critical.. the charges don't stack to create multiple criticals

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

@Sp1d3r said:

@HoundofShadow said:

Yep each time the AI matches 1 of her 3 colours she creates 1 critical.. the charges don't stack to create multiple criticals

Did you see the comment from IceIX on page 1 about the update to her powers:

"Darkchylde Magik's Passive clarified that it can only trigger once per turn. This is not a mechanical change, simply a description clarification.
    Darkchylde Magik's Passive now gains up to a constant 1 charge per turn instead of gaining more charges on ability levels."

You can gain exactly 1 charge per turn (once per turn) regardless of how many times your colors are matched or AP is stolen/drained.

KGB

• Sp1d3r

@KGB said:

@Sp1d3r said:

@HoundofShadow said:

Did you see the comment from IceIX on page 1 about the update to her powers:

"Darkchylde Magik's Passive clarified that it can only trigger once per turn. This is not a mechanical change, simply a description clarification.
    Darkchylde Magik's Passive now gains up to a constant 1 charge per turn instead of gaining more charges on ability levels."

You can gain exactly 1 charge per turn (once per turn) regardless of how many times your colors are matched or AP is stolen/drained.

KGB

I missed that.. thanks for clearing that up KGB.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards

This is a damn good character. Very helpful to 4s and 5s. Maybe eventually only magik’s black matches will get the bonus but for now it boosts your team’s black matches by 250% and it’s incredibly beefy.

And when you go Limbo, her purple is so cheap it’s like stealing. 3 crits for 6 purple? Yessir!

• HoundofShadow

The dev said they will be fixing the bonus black match bug soon. So, enjoy the bug while it lasts.

Anyway, I think it's a good thing she's 3* because

1) her critical multiplier is low at 3.0
    2) she's a support character, which means it's better to hide her.

Deathlok + some 5* with top 2 strongest in black and purple should be good. Ideally, they have high crit. multiplier (4.0-4.5). For Colossus, it you have that particular Support for X-Men, your crit. multiplier get +2.4 increment for X-Men.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards

Aw man. The exploit is gone. 😔

Still a great character tho.