MPQ Developer Q&A February & March 2023 (QUESTIONS)

124»

Comments

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 246 Tile Toppler

So, what does happen at 43% loading screen?

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards

Are there going to be any new boss events where the new release 5* isn’t just cut and pasted in with his release powers? I’d rather re-run ones different from standard pve matches.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards

Can the team selection screen be changed so that it selects the last character used rather than the highest level. If I have a dead character it selects this instead of another one I was using and it steals a health pack from me when it heals them which is incredibly annoying and causes me to swear repeatedly.

KGB

• Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler

I have a whole bunch of shards for a 5 star character which I don’t dare apply in case it messes up my MMR. Surely, incentivising players to not improve their characters can’t be how you intend the game to be played. As you are apparently reworking MMR, is it possibly to let us know what our ratings are, and what enemies we would see if we level up our characters? Ideally this might involve us choosing to play at a set level for an event.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2023

@Kwahder said:
    I have a whole bunch of shards for a 5 star character which I don’t dare apply in case it messes up my MMR. Surely, incentivising players to not improve their characters can’t be how you intend the game to be played. As you are apparently reworking MMR, is it possibly to let us know what our ratings are, and what enemies we would see if we level up our characters? Ideally this might involve us choosing to play at a set level for an event.

Sometimes I wish I could reset my roster to 4* level so I can make more viable teams with the other half of MPQ releases. I get kinda jelly from folks who are able to enjoy the game at the level.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Is it possible to fixed 5* Wasp's blue and black AoE power damage? I mean, you've spent quite an amount of effort to buff her but her AoE damage is bugged. She's dealing the same amount of damage regardless of whether you have it at 1 cover or at 5 covers. And I can have 14 or 15 Swarm tiles on the board when the max is 12.

• IamGrootacus
    IamGrootacus Posts: 6 Just Dropped In

Will we be seeing a Boss event similar to the Sinister Six with Phoenix Five anytime soon, obviously not before we have a 5* Namor but is it something in the long term planning?

• AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 85 Match Maker

We haven’t seen combined arms event in a while (2/3/4 PvP). What are your thoughts of bringing this back more often, such as a recurring off season event? And/or a 3/4/5 event?

With the new 3 stars it would be a way to get some events with interesting teams.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,803 Chairperson of the Boards

@AdeptusRevolt said:
    We haven’t seen combined arms event in a while (2/3/4 PvP). What are your thoughts of bringing this back more often, such as a recurring off season event? And/or a 3/4/5 event?

With the new 3 stars it would be a way to get some events with interesting teams.

This would also give them new teams to use in the 2/3/4 DDQ fight (those teams were chosen from among the most popular Combined Arms teams).

• Punzaman
    Punzaman Posts: 30 Just Dropped In

Will you consider giving 5* shards for progression in PVP? In general, can you make PVP rewards match PVE? E.g., LL for top placement for individual and alliance. It would increase participation in PVP, which feels like the "lesser" half of the game.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

@Punisher5784

The dev replied to a similar question asked by you in reddit, and here's their response:

"Sadly the game doesn't possess any clear path to allowing for that sort of thing. We have some major engine overhauling happening, but until enough of that work is done this game is the same code base that is resistant to change and difficult to test and manage. Something I see come up alot in the monthly Q and A is asks for something akin to this and a "player council" of sorts that allows for early access and feedback from players. Clearly we have a strong will to be transparent and share with our players, and I'm hopeful that in the semi-near future we'll have upgraded the internals to be capable of supporting what you're talking about."

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor

Kang (3* or 5) + 3 Iron Man + 5* Hawkeye can quickly gain 27 blue AP to send all enemies away and insta-win a match, trivializing challenge nodes and other hard matches. Is it healthy or balanced for the game to have this kind of insta-win team?

With AP boosts and supports, that team can fire IM40's yellow at start and gain 27 blue AP by turn 3 to win in under 1 minute, regardless of enemy health. How is that okay for the balance of this game?

My suggestion is to remove the insta-win condition and restrict the number of enemies Away (1 max for the 3* and 2-3 max for the 5*). Fix Away such that it allows the player to down an enemy that has revival capabilities when all of their teammates are downed or Away. This keeps Away as an interesting tool against revival teams while removing the insta-win cheese.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards

When you test a new character release, what % of testing is done "Human vs AI" (as opposed to just letting AI vs AI run)?

This discussion has been closed.