Dakkon Ult Token Bugged [Investigating]

Theophilus
Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
The token support (Forging the Blackblade) created by Dakkon's 3rd ability is supposed to give opposing creatures -x/-x until end of turn. X is the greatest number of white, blue, or black gems on the board. This doesn't always happen. My first creature still properly gets the buff, but many times there is no -x/-x applied to the opposing creatures. I still can't find any rhyme or reason to it, but it has happened to me MANY times in various events.

Comments

• Theophilus
    edited October 2022
    Just now in the new Revolving Planeswalk event on the blue node, it happened again. My Sigarda got the buff, but the opponents creatures did not get the -x/-x.

Cards in play:
    My creature- Sigarda, Host of Herons (disabled by Sleep with the Fishes)
    My Supports- Forging the Blackblade (w/ darkness emblem); Mox Pearl; Shattered Sanctum; Teferi, Hero of Dominaria; Mask of Griselbrand; Sunlit Marsh x2; Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire

Opponents creatures: Brazen Upstart; Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge; Fish Token
    Opponents support: Mox Jet

However, on the very next turn, it did work as it was supposed to.

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have seen this also. My guess is that when two or three colors are the same value nothing happens.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    We need a video of this, or it will end up in “Can’t Reproduce” hell
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.

• Theophilus
    edited October 2022
    I have a screenshot of it happening on my phone. I can post it if it'll help. In the shot there are 7 black, 9 blue, and 13 white gems. I too was curious about a tie causing the bug, but apparently that is not the case.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor

This JUST happened to me. I was playing Dakkon (duh) and was at 15 life. I used his ult to get rid of all the opposing creatures. My first creature got the buff, but all opposing creatures didn't get debuffed and stayed alive. The turn after I lost the match because his creatures didn't get -X/-X.

• Theophilus

Another problem I noticed today- my opponents creatures only got -9/-9 when there were 17 white, 7 black, and 6 blue gems. Again, I have screenshots if you'd like them. A discrepancy like this may happen every time. The only reason I noticed this time was because I was counting on it to kill creatures. For the record, -9/-9 does not kill a 12/12 creature, but -17/-17 sure would have.

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor

So... this happened again to me yesterday. The first two turns after I used Dakkon's ult, his creatures didn't get debuffed. The third turn after I used Dakkon's ult, his creatures started to get the debuff and died a horrible death.

• 810Bourne
    810Bourne Posts: 53 Match Maker

This is still bugged

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards

@jtwood said:
    We need a video of this, or it will end up in “Can’t Reproduce” hell

I haven't been able to get one yet

• AcidRhapsody
    AcidRhapsody Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2023

Why does the darkness Emblem not trigger when it should sometimes and give the opposing creatures the applicable -x/-x? Occasionally it resolves eventually after a few turns or when casting Dakkons A3 a second time, but this bug has caused me to lose event matches

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker

Hi @Oktagon_Support I've caught this bug on video now.

At the start of combat there are 5W, 5U and 4B available gems on the board. My best guess is that because there isn't one single colour with the highest count, the token doesn't action the -X/-X to opposing creatures.
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/POIdHe2cOtI

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,
    Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊
    Rebeca.