MPQ Developer Q&A February & March 2023 (QUESTIONS)

Comments

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor

Where’s this game heading?

Passives have to be trumped by previous passives.
    Actives have to have a passive component to nullify the previous passives.

QoL aside, what mission distances the game from the rabbit hole upon which the previous developers failed?

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

5* Kang states he gets blue AP when countdowns are destroyed, yet he also gives AP when they expire (like the 3*). Is the 5 star power description written wrong, is the power not working right, or does an expiring countdown count as it being destroyed?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@Daredevil217 said:
    5* Kang states he gets blue AP when countdowns are destroyed, yet he also gives AP when they expire (like the 3*). Is the 5 star power description written wrong, is the power not working right, or does an expiring countdown count as it being destroyed?

Check his wording.
    It now says destroyed or expire.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

@Xception81 said:

@chrisH said:
    As a long time player I have no interest in the 1.99 Spidey Starter Pack that keeps getting offered. Can we have a feature to permanently decline an offer so that it does not pop up over and over?

Second. Third. Fourth. Infinite agree.

Eventually I just bought it since it was only $2 and was a good deal even if I didn't need it

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker

When a new 5* is released they get a devoted store with just them and two other characters. Would it be possible to do the same for new 4* characters? I wouldn’t need it, but it would be very helpful for other members of my alliance who have less well developed rosters. The current system of a vault for the new 4* only offers a single cover and you need to be playing SCL 10 to get a decent number of covers from placement and progression. The chain offers help, but a store for HP would be good.

• nbperp
    nbperp Posts: 105 Tile Toppler

@Ptahhotep said:
    When a new 5* is released they get a devoted store with just them and two other characters. Would it be possible to do the same for new 4* characters? I wouldn’t need it, but it would be very helpful for other members of my alliance who have less well developed rosters. The current system of a vault for the new 4* only offers a single cover and you need to be playing SCL 10 to get a decent number of covers from placement and progression. The chain offers help, but a store for HP would be good.

There's actually 2 vaults - the "& Friends" vault and then vault from the PVE where they are the featured character. And vaults can be reset, so it's not limited to 1 cover.

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor

Q: A bit ago you rewarded frequent forum posters with a 3* infinity stone. Since then, it seems game information is shared more frequently and earlier on discord and/or reddit than in the forums. Can you please explain your community interaction and communication strategy? Should we all join the other platforms?

• Punisher5784
    edited March 2023

@helix72 said:
    Q: A bit ago you rewarded frequent forum posters with a 3* infinity stone. Since then, it seems game information is shared more frequently and earlier on discord and/or reddit than in the forums. Can you please explain your community interaction and communication strategy? Should we all join the other platforms?

Whaaaaaaa?? Where's my stone?

What was the criteria to receive one?

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker

I don't think this has been asked before: I've heard references to the existing code. Are new modes built in some sort of game database or content management system? Is each new event coded differently? Can you share more rom behind the curtain?

• Punisher5784
    edited March 2023

@Mrcl25 said:
    Question: Why can't PVE rewards, both individual and for the alliance, be distributed by progression only, like in boss events? Let the more competitive part of the game to PVP.

No one would care about EotS problems if placement wasn't needed to get all rewards.

Wouldn't be great to not worry about placement, timers, spreadsheets, meta teams, and be able to play at different times, with different teams? All that would be possible with progression only pve. I know I would enjoy the game more, and a lot of people from my alliance feel that way too. Why not make an experiment? Run a progression only pve event for week to see what players think.

Basically, bring back Gauntlet. Doubt many players here remember it. It was purely progression only. It existed prior to Boss events.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@Daredevil217 said:

Check his wording.
    It now says destroyed or expire.

Nice. I guess I’ll have to think of a new question! Something something Chasm nerf.

• leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 61 Match Maker

Can we expect any changes or modifications to the 5-4-5-4 character release cycle for the rest of 2023, if so can you share more (overall structural changes or if there are any planned bonus characters)?

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2023

Why is there still an insistence on having three 5s in the latest legends store and can 5s ever get their own store allowing players to spend just CPs, HPs, and or tokens ?

Between bad RNG streaks and no cover swap system built into the game,. As well as Broken Circle catering to whales with regards to cover swap exceptions while giving the finger to other players when they have a reasonable request. Because one player has only spent hundreds not thousands like the whales do, so you treat the %99 non whale player base like second class citizens.

Resources are hard to come by in this game. The rewards structures are rather underwhelming and out of date. It's a shame we can't simply target and pull for just the one new 5* we want and are still being forced to pull whatever trio exists in living legends at the time. As lackluster as many of the 5s are, its very aggravating having to blow through additional resources to pull and cover the one 5 you want.

As you try pull for the one 5* you want going through terrible RNG streaks where you might not even get any 5* covers. Other times the only covers you do seem to get end up being for the other two 5*s lumped together in latest legends. For the majority of players not being given any way to cover swap or exchange duplicate covers, this really kills a big part of the fun factor with this game.

End game there is nothing left to do aside from roster new characters, but it would still be nice to be able to pull for just the one 5* you really want and intend to use often. To be able to direct your hard earned resources to just that one character and build them up. Rather then dilute your resources as you're forced to pull for the trio of 5*s in latest legends, wasting an awful lot on characters you don't want or don't want to get any more than the 13 covers needed to champ them.

It's also annoying we can't spend HPs in the latest legends store. With all the 5* offers flying around simultaneously these days that you can purchase with HPs. Why not just let players spend HPs on the latest legend store as well.

The latest legends store set up is also a major buzz kill as if one doesn't want say 2 of the 3 5*s for example, having to wait months for the duds to rotate out.

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler

Recently there was a week featuring 10 boosted 5s instead of the usual 5. That was a fun week. I was able to try a bunch of new combinations in pve and there was far more variety in pvp (and far fewer Chasm/IH at higher scores). What was the impetus for the test, what were the results in your eyes, what are the downsides of more boosted 5s, and when will we see 10 boosted 5s become the norm? From the dev side, it seems like increasing options is a simpler solution to Chasm than finding the silver bullet counter without breaking something else.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards

@658_2 said:
    Recently there was a week featuring 10 boosted 5s instead of the usual 5. That was a fun week. I was able to try a bunch of new combinations in pve and there was far more variety in pvp (and far fewer Chasm/IH at higher scores). What was the impetus for the test, what were the results in your eyes, what are the downsides of more boosted 5s, and when will we see 10 boosted 5s become the norm? From the dev side, it seems like increasing options is a simpler solution to Chasm than finding the silver bullet counter without breaking something else.

Check the What's New in March thread for a happy surprise! Not saying it will be always from now on though.

• Skindo
    Skindo Posts: 11 Just Dropped In

@Bzhai said:

@Mrcl25 said:
    Question: Why can't PVE rewards, both individual and for the alliance, be distributed by progression only, like in boss events? Let the more competitive part of the game to PVP.

No one would care about EotS problems if placement wasn't needed to get all rewards.

Wouldn't be great to not worry about placement, timers, spreadsheets, meta teams, and be able to play at different times, with different teams? All that would be possible with progression only pve. I know I would enjoy the game more, and a lot of people from my alliance feel that way too. Why not make an experiment? Run a progression only pve event for week to see what players think.

This would be the biggest quality-of-life change the game needs. Leaderboards are such an archaic system of mobile gaming that we need to evolve out of. Milestones have so much more potential to engage players and allow us to grind whenever we like. Not to mention let us play a variety of teams other than the few metas.

Completely agree. I really don't like the expectation to play a mobile game on the game's schedule in order to make placement. I too would prefer just get full progression and leave placement to pve though I do worry that the rewards would be decreased significantly if this were to happen. If placement is staying, moving away from the "you have to play at the optimal times to place" would really help.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

you can play to full progression in SCL10 and stay current, i've got a 50 or so page thread about it.

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker

Why do you like Reddit better?

Seriously just tell them over here what they doing to alienate you. They play the tinykitty out yer game and they deserve to be told why ; the ghosting is some childish LA dating nonsense. Grow up and copy paste for your ex on the forum.
    If its “we don’t feel safe because we get roasted for typos” then speak your truths!! Expose the trolls to sunlight or share your workflow secrets, but the constant (justified) heard from devpool/confirmed by ice on discord is a painpoint for many.

This discussion has been closed.