What's New MPQ: March 2023 (Updated 3/16/23)

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

They did similar thing last month. It's nothing unusual now.

• Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 137 Tile Toppler

@MoosePrime said:
    Presumably, the ones that appear unrelated to women's history month are part of the normal boosted 5* rotation.

That's probably it, makes sense.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

Didn’t you all “fix” the event schedule so stuff like this won’t happen?

3 days with no PvE at all? Then a boss event.

That is roughly six days with no real PvE. Plus the shitstorm broken enemy of the state right before… are you trying to turn players away?

That is almost 2 weeks of broken PvE. [redacted]

Mod note: Edited for inappropriate comment and language. - fight4thedream

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Factually, they did say things like this could happen again, and they mentioned it in January Q&A, I believe.

• Maximus
    Maximus Posts: 2 Just Dropped In

Hell's Belle, My guess is Magik (Phoenix Five)

😉

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 371 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2023

@dianetics said:
    Didn’t you all “fix” the event schedule so stuff like this won’t happen?

3 days with no PvE at all? Then a boss event.

That is roughly six days with no real PvE. Plus the shitstorm broken enemy of the state right before… are you trying to turn players away?

That is almost 2 weeks of broken PvE. [redacted]

Enemy of the State still says it has 4 days 11 hours left for me. The calendar is clearly in error with those first dates.

• mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler

@Maximus said:
    Hell's Belle, My guess is Magik (Phoenix Five)

😉

I'm pretty sure you're correct, given Magik's sword on the side of the calendar and 4* Magik as a PvP reward. I'm here for it, hope she has some awesome synergy with her big brother!

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin

@MoosePrime said:

@Mrcl25 said:
    Some of the boosted 5s seem unrelated to Women’s History Month. Perhaps the devs are testing how multiple boosted 5 affect mmr and pvp in general?

Presumably, the ones that appear unrelated to women's history month are part of the normal boosted 5* rotation.

This. Whenever additional boosted characters come in, we don't drop the current ones, just add the additionals. Under Demi, we just never used to list out the additional boosts for the moments in time, but they were there.

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 95 Match Maker

Which character is dropping out of the Latest Legends vault next?

• PhoenixMagik
    PhoenixMagik Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2023

Riri. Then Hit Monkey. Then Wong. Then Kang. Then Phoenix 5 Magik.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

@PhoenixMagik said:
    Riri. Then Hit Monkey. Then Wong. Then Kang. Then Phoenix 5 Magik.

Was this confirmed or are you just hopeful?

• Xax
    Xax Posts: 42 Just Dropped In

Webbed Wonder looks like it's running for at least 6 days and overlaps with the boss event...is that right?

• PhoenixMagik
    PhoenixMagik Posts: 25 Just Dropped In

An Alliance mate of mine noted that her sword is next to the March calendar. I can’t believe I didn’t notice!

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker

@Borstock said:

@Timemachinego said:

@Mrcl25 said:
    Some of the boosted 5s seem unrelated to Women’s History Month. Perhaps the devs are testing how multiple boosted 5 affect mmr and pvp in general?

I'm pretty sure Broken Circle entirely dropped the ball recently and are saving face by saying that it's giving them good data.

Can....can husbands and boyfriends do that? Does that work? Asking for a friend.

Judging by my current mood only, as a data point, absolutely not.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

@Borstock said:

@Timemachinego said:

@Mrcl25 said:

I'm pretty sure Broken Circle entirely dropped the ball recently and are saving face by saying that it's giving them good data.

Can....can husbands and boyfriends do that? Does that work? Asking for a friend.

Test it and let us know the results.

• toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 50 Match Maker

Hela hasn't been the 5E since August 2021. Her time in the sun finally rolls around and we end up getting progression shards for the new 5. See you again in another ~2 years and maybe we'll get lucky then :'(
    I know this happens to fit new 5s into the rewards calendar, but I would still respectfully ask for some other way this could happen without skipping a classic 5 given how long it takes to come back to the top of the list.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards

@toecutter3095 said:
    Hela hasn't been the 5E since August 2021. Her time in the sun finally rolls around and we end up getting progression shards for the new 5. See you again in another ~2 years and maybe we'll get lucky then :'(
    I know this happens to fit new 5s into the rewards calendar, but I would still respectfully ask for some other way this could happen without skipping a classic 5 given how long it takes to come back to the top of the list.

Hela sharts will be progression rewards in Operation Spider Silk. In the PVE before that, Heimdall is the sacrificial lamb for the new 5* (plus Heimdall already had his turn in his "proper" place for this cycle).

• toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 50 Match Maker

Ah yeah you're right. I still just expect the 2 lines of text for the events to be progression rewards first and placement rewards second, like the order in which you'll earn them. But they list them alphabetically instead. Doesn't matter how many times I trip over that, I can still do it one more time :D

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

@Borstock said:

Not sure if it works but it's guaranteed you will get a lot of data.