Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards

In the category "RNG so bad it makes you want to break things":

Had a daily quest for doing some cover pulls. So I decided to do some pulls with my stash of heroic tokens, and thought "ehh, I'll just pull until I hit a 4* cover". It took me 68 pulls to finally get a 4*. :angry::anguished:

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards

Gambit PvP vs. Boosted BRB and Chasm.

AI has 8 blue AP and 12 green AP on turn 3.

Really tough to compete against that level of RNG.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker

I’ve been running some really bad luck with my latest pulls for 5’s. I’m currently on an 0/21 streak for LL pulls and the Good Fortune store was certainly not good fortune for me as I ended up 2/34 from that store, with both pulls being the same power for Cyclops which puts him at 5/1/0 for me now :/.

I’m hoping by sharing this info here it’ll help turn my luck around. I’m resigned to the fact that I probably won’t get any more covers for Arcade from LL so I’m trying to save everything for when Wong rotates in and see what happens then.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

My Cyclops was also at 5/1/0 a couple of featured stores ago but ended at 7/5/3 after the good fortune store. Hopefully your luck changes as well.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@bigjojo04 said:
    I’ve been running some really bad luck with my latest pulls for 5’s. I’m currently on an 0/21 streak for LL pulls and the Good Fortune store was certainly not good fortune for me as I ended up 2/34 from that store, with both pulls being the same power for Cyclops which puts him at 5/1/0 for me now :/.

I’m hoping by sharing this info here it’ll help turn my luck around. I’m resigned to the fact that I probably won’t get any more covers for Arcade from LL so I’m trying to save everything for when Wong rotates in and see what happens then.

That's why you pull large numbers.
    That 0/21 is just a blip when you pull 200+ every time you pull.
    Save up for a month, only pull when Latest rotate.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker

Yea that makes sense. I haven’t really hoarded previously as I was just pulling as I go to get me up to SCL 10 and once I got there that’s when I started to hoard. I just get so antsy sitting on resources like that cuz I see everything I have and get an itchy trigger finger and then end up remorseful when it ends up like that lol.

So I’m just trying not to pay attention to what I have so I can have a big pull session at the end of the season when Wong is in LL, since I care more about Riri and Hit Monkey than Arcade, I was just trying to sneak in a few possible Arcade pulls cuz he’ll be at 4/3/3 for me after his next event, that’s why I wasted those last tokens, but alas that is where he shall remain for now for me.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards

I was actually impressed with this one.

Simulator vs a high level Dr. Thor/Riri/Onslaught.

I got to make one match. That's all. That was the entirety of my "moves". I brought a full health Colossus/Iceman/Dr. Thor, and I got to make 1 move.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards

@Borstock said:
    I was actually impressed with this one.

Simulator vs a high level Dr. Thor/Riri/Onslaught.

I got to make one match. That's all. That was the entirety of my "moves". I brought a full health Colossus/Iceman/Dr. Thor, and I got to make 1 move.

You're not supposed to win (TM) Actually I think I have played simulator one (1) time in allt my MPQ years.

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor

I've been busy at work so I've been playing a little in the morning and a little at night. I haven't been on the forum in awhile, either. Yesterday morning was a normal game play experience. I jumped on last night and saw something about a Valentine's Day event or something, but had to update the app. Updated it, then opened the app to find that the event/offer was expired. It was still Valentine's Day. Weird... and disappointing.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker

There wasn’t an event. perhaps you saw the Palentine’s Day offer which had Jessica Jones and Capt Marvel (and others) for $39.99 (which still has 2 days left on it)… or maybe it was the Better Half vault, which gives you a free token if you play certain characters… and that still has 2 more days on it. Both should be visible in your game.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

It may be that SheThor/5RiRi is actually the scariest team to fight in pvp right now.

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler

@dianetics said:
    It may be that SheThor/5RiRi is actually the scariest team to fight in pvp right now.

Agreed. They’re beasts and I’m a little surprised that they haven’t picked up more traction as the default team in pick-2 over they that shall not be named. Jane/Riri still give you a turn one stun advantage (w/ boosts, of course) that more often than not leads to a stunlock for the entire match.

I ran them with Kang in both his PVP’s and they had zero issue with the current boost list. Likely on account of Switch being boosted, I had less attacks than usual and way more wins than I expected.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but I’ve seen in a few mirror matches where the opposing DocThor/ Riri are able to cast multiple powers per turn. I wish I was technologically savvy enough to have a shot a video, but on at least 2 occasions I got stunned and then Jane fired her red or yellow all on the same turn. I know the AI doesn’t allow that to normally happen, but it’s a thing, so I’m not convinced that they’re so sh&/ on defense.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

Jane and Riri are terrible on defense. Creating charged tiles against boosted or plus match damage characters is generally bad unless you can keep the stun lock going. That caveat is fine in the hands of the player. The AI does crazy stuff that just leads to losing though. However, like Shang-Chi and Chavez, cascades can lead to an auto-loss. Especially if the AI can only chose Riri's green.

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor

@Xception81 said:
    There wasn’t an event. perhaps you saw the Palentine’s Day offer which had Jessica Jones and Capt Marvel (and others) for $39.99 (which still has 2 days left on it)… or maybe it was the Better Half vault, which gives you a free token if you play certain characters… and that still has 2 more days on it. Both should be visible in your game.

I clicked on a link that led to a pop-up saying this event (offer?) has ended. I thought it was weird. I checked offers and saw the Palentines's Day one. I also saw the chibi skins in offers as well. Maybe that was it, but it was still active so I'm perplexed. Maybe it was just a bug or a link that was changed at some point and I had bad timing.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker

The link you probably clicked was the fan favorite poll? Try going back into Today’s News and see if you can still see it.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor

Wasn't aware that the Something's Wrong node was gonna disappear when S.H.I.E.L.D Base was complete. Missing out on those points is surely gonna cost me in placement. At least I know for next time.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards

I finished sub 1 in 3rd place in my bracket in EotS, and then on sub 2 the 3* wave node bugged on me twice after the very first wave so I went from looking like t5 or t10 to probably being lucky if I can even get t100 at this rate. Thanks, devs!

• Bowgentle
    edited March 2023

@shardwick said:
    I finished sub 1 in 3rd place in my bracket in EotS, and then on sub 2 the 3* wave node bugged on me twice after the very first wave so I went from looking like t5 or t10 to probably being lucky if I can even get t100 at this rate. Thanks, devs!

Twinsies!
    In fairness, I was only t5 because people had the wave bug in sub 1 already.
    But t10 was looking very doable.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker

@Bowgentle said:

@shardwick said:

Twinsies!

fwiw the rewards for t20 are better than t10. I'm at about 9 currently and will keep hoping more people mess up so I can squeeze into 5 but otherwise I plan to tank my score a bit for the final day, haha.

• Bowgentle

@Timemachinego said:

@Bowgentle said:

@shardwick said:

Twinsies!

fwiw the rewards for t20 are better than t10. I'm at about 9 currently and will keep hoping more people mess up so I can squeeze into 5 but otherwise I plan to tank my score a bit for the final day, haha.

HP yes, shards and covers, no. But ugh, it's Riri...
    What an event.