Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

Chasm + Colossus + 3* Thanos do the job.
    One match and done. I can't remember anyone with more than 6.5k health in easy nodes. 5 main colours are covered so you don't run the risk of dealing a few hundred damage.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

You're all weird.
    Just stick to Juggs, those 2 seconds you waste on making another move is meaningless.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

What? Meaningless? Those are valuable seconds I can spend ignoring my family!

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards

I use two boosted 5* plus 3* Thanos. 266 Court Death wipes 99% of the easy nodes, and boosted 5* match damage is a one move kill. I just pick the two boosted 5* that most closely approximate a rainbow of match damage.

I think there are two or three fights where this doesn't work, but the fix is just to hit a different enemy with your one move.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

I don’t keep any max champed 3* characters, so I prefer something that I can keep as a saved team.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I pulled an organic 13th hit monkey this morning, and got my 4* riri high enough to finish 3.0, so both are now champed. This leaves me with Wong at 1/0/0 and 716 shards (5* fav) and a still NEW Kang at 2/2/2. I moved my 4* to Abomination, who is currently 274.

• entrailbucket

Dude. It's working...just admit it.

• ThaRoadWarrior

So far it appears so lol. Still really curious how Wong will play out over time. I've stopped pulling LTs till hit monkey drops out, but we'll see if that lasts beyond Riri leaving I guess.

• entrailbucket

It's the 4*. I always knew it was about 4*. You went from one max-champ to like a million in a relatively short time -- that's what's making it all work.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 246 Tile Toppler

I’ve read all 50+ pages of this thread during the holidays (thanks for sharing your journey!), but I must admit I am not entirely sure anymore what your current strategy is. Using CP for classics only?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2023

@Zarqa said:
    I’ve read all 50+ pages of this thread during the holidays (thanks for sharing your journey!), but I must admit I am not entirely sure anymore what your current strategy is. Using CP for classics only?

Yes, I’m now attempting to pull all my CP in classics to see if I can stay current on latest while still only hitting full progression in PVE and PVP. The jury is out, but it is showing promise.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 246 Tile Toppler

Thanks. So what are you doing with your Latest tokens?

• ThaRoadWarrior

Spending them in latest as I get them. If I get next out champed I sit on them till they drop out in theory, but a lot of the times I’ll just push my luck and keep pulling.

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler

I’ve been baby champing the new 5*s well lately with just rewards and using Latests. I thought I might have trouble with Wong because his feeder is new, but I champed Wong the day that Kang entered tokens.

Lately I’ve only been quick pulling 50 Latests on the day of rotation and have been able to champ everyone before they rotate out. Hit Monkey is 453 and Wong is 450 and Kang is 2/2/2 with 1350 shards. I’ll pull 50 when Magic rotates in and see where I end up.

I’ve also been pulling 25 Classics whenever I get 1000 CP. So I spend 500 out of every 1000 CP and save the rest for the unknown future. Right now I have 5090 CP which is an all time high for me.

The funny thing is I’m doing dupe 4*s and I’m actually going down on my Iso-8 stockpile. I was over 10 million right after Anniversary but now I’m at 8.8.

• entrailbucket
    edited March 2023

Team classics untie!

I finally 550d Goblin (hoping for a buff soon!) and I'm 6 covers away from maxing out Starlord. At 12 550s currently, and 43 total characters over lvl500.

Starlord is actually, like, shockingly good at lvl670 or whatever. For whatever reason his match damage is insane and his powers really aren't that bad.

• ThaRoadWarrior

He tends to be boosted with Onslaught and they pair up really well. His purple is kinda lame, but his yellow and green are decent if dated.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards

I've been spending my LL but hoarding my CP to see how the whole Wong thing would play out without the retro feeder. Looks like I won't have trouble keeping up. He's already at 12 covers (and Abomination at 290), Hit Monkey up to 464!, and Kang at 7 covers.

The real milestone today was I max champed the first 4* I ever duped. Professor X has hit 370! Like many back in the heyday of GSBW & Switch, I rostered and underlevelled a 5/4/0 Professor X to ensure purple as strongest colour.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 100 Tile Toppler

I've been able to get everyone champed from Latest Legends starting with Shang-Chi. Gargantos caused me some problems and now it's looking like Hit-Monkey will rotate out without 13 covers. I currently have Wong at 15 covers and don't want to risk getting too many extras. So I get to wait till Wong is out.

• ThaRoadWarrior

So Wong is currently at 3/1/2, I've pulled a full shard cover and i just hit level 280 with Abomination. I still feel it's too soon to call as to whether committing to classic is "working" or not, but I also think it's too soon to say it definitely "isn't" working either. I've also been traveling a lot, so I have missed one or two PVP events entirely and have only been pushing to the 10cp generally, or 900/1000 sometimes, but rarely the 1200pt reward. It's going to be interesting when there is more than one 5* with a new release 4* in Latest, I think that'll be the true test.

Currently my average 5* level is 455, my highest leveled one remains Profe$$or X at 475.

21 max-champ 4*

78 4* characters between 320 and 367 (368 being the final CP reward level), the zone i have determined to be the "sweet spot" for rewards.

Currently at 311 roster slots - one of every 1, 2, and 3*, then 1 of every 5*, and I have dupes in various states of completion for 20 of the max-champ 4*.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

No 3* dupes?
    You monster!