Colors of Magic support not always taking effect [Investigating]

stikxs
stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
So I already have another thread about green matches on the bottom node of this event sometimes not reducing the cost of the last card in hand, and this looks pretty similar but I didn't want to pile multiple things in one thread.

My opponent just made a blue match on the bottom node, they are playing Dakkon who has a +3 blue mana bonus at this level. The log shows the support was triggered:

However the first card in my hand did not get its cost increased by 3 as it should have (Teferi, Hero of Dominaria rare vanguard, original cost 18, reduced to 7 on my first turn).

edit: 2 turns later in the same match my opponent made another blue match and the support did work that time.

Comments

• stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Also later in the same match, I had a cascade:
    that should have triggered twice on the blue matches (one was a landfall too), once white, once landfall green and once black (playing karn2 with +1 to all and +2 green). The only one that triggered was the black match...
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello @stikxs ,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.

• Anonymous2112
    Anonymous2112 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In

Giving this a little bump since the problem appears to persist, at least from what I experienced. In the early part of the match (on the bottom node), the first few blue matches that I make have the animation that suggests the first card is being affected per the permanent support. As play goes on, however, a blue match doesn't do anything, at least when I make the match. I didn't pay much attention to opponent matches. Since this was consistent across multiple matches, I'm pretty sure this can be easily reproduced.