**** M'Baku (Jabari Chieftain) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited April 2023 in Character Details

M'Baku (Jabari Chieftain)
4-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes, Wakanda

"Strong and proud, M'Baku has led his Jabari well through their exile in the snowy mountains of Wakanda. A traditionalist, he and his tribe reject most technological advancements in Wakanda."

Abilities listed at level 70/270
Health: 5001/18523

Wakanda's Power - Red Passive
(PASSIVE) M'Baku shows the rest of the Wakandans, and the world, that might doesn't rely on fancy technology. M'Baku's match damage is increased by 60%. This is increased by 1% for each percent health he is missing.

M'Baku's strength galvanizes the Wakandans in battle. Wakandans match damage is increased by 5% for each Wakandan on the team.

• Level 2: Match damage is increased by 100%
  • Level 3: Match damage is increased by 125%. Increased by 2% for each percent health missing. Wakandans match damage is increased by 10% for each Wakandan on the team.
  • Level 4: Match damage is increased by 190%
  • Level 5: Match damage is increased by 300%. Increased by 3% for each percent health missing. Wakandans match damage is increased by 15% for each Wakandan on the team.

Wakanda's Peace - Yellow Passive
(PASSIVE) M'Baku's intelligence allows him to reign with wisdom. His craftiness allows him to keep the peace despite bitter rivalries. M'Baku gains a burst of 120 health whenever an ally matches a Black, Red, or Yellow tile. This is increased by 1% for each percent health he is missing.

M'Baku's guidance allows Wakandans to fight more craftily. Whenever a Wakandan ally matches a Black, Red or Yellow tile, give a burst of 56 health to any Wakandans on the team. (Max level 235/108 health)

• Level 2: Gains a burst of 157 health. Gives a burst of 77 health to any Wakandans. (Max level 308/149 health)
  • Level 3: Gains a burst of 194 health. Gives a burst of 90 health to any Wakandans. (Max level 381/174 health)
  • Level 4: Gains a burst of 286 health. Gives a burst of 116 health to any Wakandans. (Max level 559/224 health)
  • Level 5: Gains a burst of 443 health. Gives a burst of 167 health to any Wakandans. (Max level 867/323 health)

Wakanda's Pride - Black Passive
(PASSIVE) Resilience in the face of threats to Wakanda is the Jabari way. M'Baku takes 22 less damage from matches and abilities. This is increased by 1% for each percent health he is missing. At 10% health, M'Baku cannot be Stunned.

M'Baku's resilience girds the resolve of fellow Wakandans. Wakandans take 8 less damage from matches and abilities for each Wakandan on the team. (Max level 42/15 health)

• Level 2: M'Baku takes 31 less damage. At 15% health, he cannot be Stunned. Wakandans take 11 less damage. (Max level 59/21 health)
  • Level 3: M'Baku takes 40 less damage. At 20% health, he cannot be Stunned. Wakandans take 14 less damage. (Max level 76/27 health)
  • Level 4: M'Baku takes 57 less damage. At 25% health, he cannot be Stunned. Wakandans take 21 less damage. (Max level 109/39 health)
  • Level 5: M'Baku takes 92 less damage increased by 2% for each percent health missing. At 40% health, he cannot be Stunned. Wakandans take 34 less damage. (Max level 176/63 health)

Feeder Updates

Release Schedule

Story
Thick As Thieves - 2/23-2/26
M’Baku (Jabari Chieftain) Covers and Shards in Placement rewards, Event Token in Progression rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. - 2/26 - 3/1
M’Baku (Jabari Chieftain) Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Enemy of the State - 2/27 - 3/5
M’Baku (Jabari Chieftain) Covers and Shards + Vault Token in Progression rewards

Versus
Predator and Prey - Black Panther (T'Challa) - 2/23 - 2/27
M’Baku (Jabari Chieftain) Cover and Shards as Placement rewards

Might of the Jabari - M'Baku - 2/26 - 3/1
M’Baku (Jabari Chieftain) Covers and Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Offers
M’Baku & Friends Vault - 2/26 - 3/1
80 Item Vault:
3x 4-Stars (M'Baku, Shuri, Random)
7x Tokens (1x Legendary, 1x Mighty, 2x Heroic, 3x Beginner Supports)
6x Iso-8 (1x 5k, 2x 2.5k, 3x 1k)
15x 3-Stars (3x Black Panther (T'Challa), 12x Random)
49x 2-Stars (10x Hawkeye (Modern), 39x Random)

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

Should Wakanda's Pride be a Black passive?

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards

Bah everyone convinced me it was Hercules.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

As for the character, could be interesting to play. Not breaking into the meta anytime soon though. Assuming damage increase will work with Okeye for double increases too?

I did think they let slip that multiple covers would be available from progression in EotS, but checked Colleen which has the same wordin so no clue yet.

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 677 Critical Contributor

It always baffles me how MCU version of M'Baku is so diffirent from comic book (that is Man-Ape).

Anyway, not a problem for me this time. He looks interesting as a rare example of tripple passive. Just an interesting kit for a tank here. Like the idea.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

I'm guessing 5/3/5 is the only viable build.

The reason is the Yellow passive (the one that gives him a burst heal) only happens when an ally matche Red/Yellow/Black. Given his 300% match damage boost on those colors it means the only way he won't be tanking those colors is if he has 5* team mates. Since he has no real value on a 5* team, it means that part of the Yellow passive is virtually useless.

KGB

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

If only all wakandas had a good sinergy!
    This character will be great when BP and okoye could see a rebalance or rework.
    Meanwhile, he has BP 4* and shuri for to be friends.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,804 Chairperson of the Boards

Good 4* character for 4* players, probably not relevant for 5* players (and that's absolutely fine).

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor

@Mr_F said:
    It always baffles me how MCU version of M'Baku is so diffirent from comic book (that is Man-Ape).

Anyway, not a problem for me this time. He looks interesting as a rare example of tripple passive. Just an interesting kit for a tank here. Like the idea.

MCU M'Baku is like a billion times better than the Man-Ape from the comics, and I say that as someone who likes the Man-Ape!

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor

@KGB said:

The reason is the Yellow passive (the one that gives him a burst heal) only happens when an ally matche Red/Yellow/Black. Given his 300% match damage boost on those colors it means the only way he won't be tanking those colors is if he has 5* team mates. Since he has no real value on a 5* team, it means that part of the Yellow passive is virtually useless.

KGB

He might count as a Wakandan ally himself.

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 677 Critical Contributor

@MegaBee said:

@Mr_F said:

MCU M'Baku is like a billion times better than the Man-Ape from the comics, and I say that as someone who likes the Man-Ape!

That is the reason I do not have problem with this this time.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor

@KGB said:

KGB

Considering those are the colours you're chasing with Okoye, I would say his burst healing would be a great top up for her

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker

Is Enemy of the State the correct PVE? It's a seven day event we haven't had in four years! Surely, a mistake!

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor

If he's stunned and drops below the no-stun threshold for Wakanda's Pride, will he become unstunned?

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards

I love the MCU M'Baku, so I'm a little disappointed he isn't a 5*.

I hate that he's all passives, making AP gathering even more irrelevant than it already is.

That all being said, it's a neat kit. I'm guessing the match dmg doesn't stack? That sorta limits his utility and throws him into the category of really well-designed characters that just aren't viable for competitive play.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 171 Tile Toppler

@Omegased said:

@KGB said:

KGB

Considering those are the colours you're chasing with Okoye, I would say his burst healing would be a great top up for her

Her Yellow active is a true heal, so I don’t know how much topping off she’d need?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

@Omegased said:

@KGB said:

KGB

The problem is the FIRST part of the Yellow passive is healing specifically for him (867). If Okoye is tanking those 3 colors then he will never be damaged (baring an AoE). Hence the first part of the passive is wasted.

The second part of the passive where he group heals all Wakandan allies will help Okoye but that burst heal is a much tinier amount (323) and is essentially insignificant in 5* land (if you want passive burst healing your far better off with Crystal who no one really uses).

KGB

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards

@LFChikarason said:
    Is Enemy of the State the correct PVE? It's a seven day event we haven't had in four years! Surely, a mistake!

I quite like EOTS and since we haven't played it since Sept '19, I do hope this is correct!

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,804 Chairperson of the Boards

I don't think he's meant to pair with Okoye...

As a 4*, he's got a big match damage boost, 4* level healing, and 4* level damage prevention + conditional stun immunity. 4* players love that kind of kit -- guys with boosted match damage are super popular, healing is always useful, and stun immunity helps against Polaris.

I really don't see applications for him at the 5* tier (and that is really really not a bad thing at all).

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 595 Critical Contributor

I think I remember when EotS was new... Weird to think of it as the old returning event now.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker

Yo, Enemy of the state! life was bad but now it’s good again!