15 covers

Options
Let us use 15 covers on heroes and then let us freely change skill distribution whenever we want?

Comments

• Panter_d17 wrote:
    Let us use 15 covers on heroes and then let us freely change skill distribution whenever we want?

They very recently implemented the ability to respec your characters, but I think you're basically asking for free, unlimited respecs once you have 5 covers of each colour.

This is a pretty bad idea if you want people to put any thought into their characters. As it is, on you only need to decide where 2 of the 15 covers will be lost. I'd be opposed to this idea and I think D3 got it right with the respec options they put in game 1-2 months back. The game would become collect 5 of each cover/colour and sit back since you don't have to make any decisions whatsoever.
  • In the current system if you want to respec you have to farm for covers so you want change anything until you get them, in my way you can change your build from battle to battle based on yo opponent whenever you want so you would be making tactical decisions much more so you are completely wrong about this icon_e_wink.gif
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Part of your idea has merit - allowing tactical, on-the-fly respeccing to deal with specific threats would introduce a new level of strategy to the metagame. I don't agree with allowing 15 covers; 13 is fine and requires some tactical thinking, even if most people default to the community consensus (5/5/3 IM35, etc.) anyway. But the bottom line is that it would diminish the roulette effect of having to keep playing the game to find specific covers in order to respec - it eats into the potential earnings from people who get impatient and just buy HP to spend on character tokens. In F2P, developers walk a fine line between profitability and making them game fun and engaging; so far MPQ is doing well, so I'm not sure that D3P want to rock the boat just yet. icon_e_smile.gif