Maestros charm sometimes doesn't give you the card [Investigating]

sarimace
sarimace Posts: 12 Just Dropped In

So, the card used to be broken in that it didn't destroy the other three cards you didn't take. That was fixed, but now it sometimes destroys the card you pick as well as the other three cards. Sometimes it works fine, but sometimes the card gets destroyd. I tried to find out a pattern, but I didn't find any.
(I thought it might be broken when it wasn't drawn naturally, but I had it both work and not work when it had outcast, and when I got it from Jeleva; Another thing I though might be the reason is the card type, but I had it discard every card type and work for every card type)

Comments

• HailHydra
    HailHydra Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2022

I've also experienced this. There's nothing in my deck that discards fetches and Greg doesn't have anyhting either.

• Pirhotek
    Pirhotek Posts: 45 Just Dropped In

Just noticed this happening to me now to. Seems to not happen all the time, but does happen most of the time now. Maestros charm is now fairly unplayable.

• Pat
    Pat Posts: 2 Just Dropped In

In fact, the charm discards the first 3 cards from library, even if you fetch one of them : the card fetched this manner is discarded because it was one of the first 3 cards.
    You can see that because if you fetch the 4th card, it always works fine !

To sum up :

• if you pick card #1, #2 or #3 : does not work (the selected card is destroyed, still considered as first three cards of library)
    • if you pick card #4 : works fine !

This card has to be patched !

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,
    Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊
    Rebeca.

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards

@Pat said:
    In fact, the charm discards the first 3 cards from library, even if you fetch one of them : the card fetched this manner is discarded because it was one of the first 3 cards.
    You can see that because if you fetch the 4th card, it always works fine !

To sum up :

• if you pick card #1, #2 or #3 : does not work (the selected card is destroyed, still considered as first three cards of library)
    • if you pick card #4 : works fine !

This card has to be patched !

Bumping this only because it was relevant to me today, and I'm glad you did this research.

• deadram
    deadram Posts: 2 Just Dropped In

bump, same issue for me, as described above

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards

Still not fixed

• Pirhotek
    Pirhotek Posts: 45 Just Dropped In

Still not fixed

• SometimesWitchy
    SometimesWitchy Posts: 6 Just Dropped In

Still having this issue

• Youzerfriendly
    Youzerfriendly Posts: 47 Just Dropped In

Just noticed this myself. Good to know how it is functioning so we can play around it until it's fixed, ty Pat