Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 549 Critical Contributor

Building off old school teams with new flavor, I’m visiting 5* Cap (First Avenger). After his silent update, I must say it was a good improvement. His red is the most noticeable change, but yellow was number buffed and blue adds AP destruction.

Red went from something silly ala 11AP/15k damage to a reliable 7AP for 22k (L455), it also returns 7AP in the teams strongest color +2 per Team Cap ally on the team (unchanged). All things considered, the AP gain on tile resolution isn’t a large differential to induce headaches over assembling a team, therefore I have settled on just bringing one affiliate along for a 9AP gain in the strongest color.

(Personal thought: The implementation of having damage up front with AP return is much better than IM46’s iteration your team determining how much damage the skill will do and no return on investment. Kudos on this.)

Back to business, he can do some serious work alongside 5* Hawkeye and Gargantos. He’ll be able to to start throwing his shield after turn 3 or earlier, which not only procs Hawkeye’s Red/Blue AP gain, but cycles Cap’s strongest color gain (+9 thanks to Hawkeye) after his 2-turn cd resolves. In this setup, that is Yellow for Cap.

It was fun.

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2023

K5ng, Okoye and Ic5man are great and the blue countdown tiles turn K5ng’s purple into a nuke! Great team @marvel075!

• Glockoma

@marvel075 said:
    K5ng, Okoye, and I5cman work well due to the fact that, YOU GAIN BACK THE AP YOU LOSE from okoye's silver AP and iceman's blue AP. Iceman can constantly create blue stun tiles, and okoye will always have her silver AP intact no matter what position she's in thanks to Kang!

This is such a good find on team comp. Really awesome 👏

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm surprised that Iceman got back his blue. I remember someone said that was not supposed to happen, based on what was said in Discord by the dev(?). IMHB or Emma won't get back those aps. They use the verb "drain" for their powers. Is that a bug or did the dev change their mind?

• IrisRyu

Speaking of toons that benefit from K5ng’s AP immunity to drain effects, Sinister also regains black AP from his damage mitigation.

Btw, K5ng/Sinister/Odin are pretty fun.

• Glockoma

@IrisRyu said:
    Speaking of toons that benefit from K5ng’s AP immunity to drain effects, Sinister also regains black AP from his damage mitigation.

Btw, K5ng/Sinister/Odin are pretty fun.

I’m loving these unintentionally consequences lol. Nice

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor

I wondered if that meant that 5* Black Panther's Yellow's Team-up AP drain would be refunded, but testing shows that it is not.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

Tinykitty, now I need Iceman and Hawkeye champed. I imagine that isn’t working as intended but a result of quantum entangled coding.

• IrisRyu

K5ng/MThor/Ic5man can get a mean stunlock going. Between Kang restoring blue after Ic5man’s drain and then generating 2 blue AP for every one of Ic5man’s countdowns that Jane destroys, it’s pretty brutal. And you still have enough blue AP to launch realm shift. Shenanigans.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

So with everything Chasm broke loaded on top of everything Kang breaks, you have to wonder where this is all going... :#

• Glockoma

The game’s definitely gotten a bit silly.

• IrisRyu
    edited February 2023

To add to the silliness…

Chasm/K5ng/Carpool. The team comp here is pretty simple. Let Chasm tank, match black, fire Penance Fare, win. The ability to punch up with this team will be dumb.

• Glockoma

This has been a game of passives for some time now. I didn’t realize immediately that the passive needed to counter Chasm’s drain passive is going to also break the game lol.

There are many varying opinions on the nerf of God-King Gambit back in the day, but this is very much bringing those memories back. Looking back on those days, I am happy for the nerf. It made so many other characters playable again. (I don’t want to speak on PVE as we all have been fighting the same script for nearly 10 years now 🙄)

I don’t want to detract from latest fun teams, so I’ll rest my case there and folks can take it up in the other threads.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 212 Tile Toppler

@Glockoma said:
    This has been a game of passives for some time now. I didn’t realize immediately that the passive needed to counter Chasm’s drain passive is going to also break the game lol.

There are many varying opinions on the nerf of God-King Gambit back in the day, but this is very much bringing those memories back. Looking back on those days, I am happy for the nerf. It made so many other characters playable again. (I don’t want to speak on PVE as we all have been fighting the same script for nearly 10 years now 🙄)

I don’t want to detract from latest fun teams, so I’ll rest my case there and folks can take it up in the other threads.

Too late...you have detracted. At this point I am against a nerf on chasm. It has nothing to do with chasm being overpowered. But at this point BCS put so much resources in creating a counter to chasm that nerfing chasm would immediately diminish the value of the counters they have created.

To keep it on topic. I have tried the 5kang 5ice mthor. 5kang recovering blue for 5ice using blue should be a bug. But at this point since 5kang description of powers are very vague it hard to know what is a bug.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards

Haha. With Adam Warlock and Kang, you gain back the 1 black AP you lose each round to fire Body and Soul.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,382 Chairperson of the Boards

It seems like he does not work with Agent Venom. But, he apparently auto wins wave nodes.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2023

I got caught out in the Shuri PvP by some Shuri, Deathlok and 3* Kang teams. Tried it out myself and I've never seen so many defensive wins! Deathlok generates blue and green so quickly, it's hard to stop them.

Speaking of Shuri, I've also been trying to find a good way to team her up with Green Goblin to take advantage of his ability to fortify countdowns and repeaters (outside of the current PvP, of course, otherwise opposing Shuri negates the power cost reduction). I've had fun teaming them up with Ronan. Try and get some blue quickly and get out Ronan's repeaters. They start to multiply, Goblin fortifies them and Shuri makes all your powers much cheaper and the enemies more expensive. This also means that there are plenty of fortified tiles available and so a better chance for Shri's blasters to stun, plus added bonus damage from Ronan for all the repeaters hit. It's a little slow to get going, especially as my Goblin and Ronan are 1/2/2 and 2/1/3 respectively (both at lvl 330), so isn't super effective but is certainly fun when it works. Probably more so if I ever get them champed and if Goblin ever gets the well needed buff to his numbers.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards

Nice one! One knit pick, isn't it First avenger cap?