Tired of PvE Grind?! PvP-only, Top 50 alliance: 5DeadlyBanes

Options
Unknown
edited September 2014 in MPQ Alliances
I dont have any 141, but 650 PvP points is not a big problem for me.
My Amber Rain will cut them down into size. icon_e_wink.gif

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    This idea sounds like a winner to me! I might be joining you down the road icon_e_biggrin.gif Guess I am still not sick of pve for now, but glad you thought of this pvp focused alternative to playing mpq and having seem a chore or simply retiring when you still enjoy elements of the game.

Good luck Banes!
  • Unknown
    Options
    quirom wrote:
    I dont have any 141, but 650 PvP points is not a big problem for me.
    My Amber Rain will cut them down into size. icon_e_wink.gif

If you r serious and want in, I will have a space for u after hood pvp.
    Great! I'll send a request after current PvP.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hi,

I can't send you PMs.
    I'd like to join your alliance. 650 points in PvP are no problem for me.
    My top heroes in rooster:
    Hulk *** - 89, 5-2-2
    Ares ** - 85, 5-5-3
    Original Black Widow ** - 85, 3-5-5
    Magneto ** - 85, 5-5-3
    Storm ** - 85, 4-4-5
    Thor ** - 85, 4-5-4
    Wolverine ** - 85, 3-5-5
    Captain America ** - 70, 5-5-3
    IronMan model40 *** - 51, 2-2-2

a lot of 3 stars heroes with 1 - 2 covers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Joined.
    Thank you.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will be joining 5DB after the hood event ends.

For those who like to focus on pvp, do consider joining us. As long as you are getting enough points in pvp, you will get 3 covers within 2.5 days (compared to 9 days for 3 covers in pve). I think its way more efficient than grinding pve.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Wow, nice idea. We have a member that doesn't like PvE so I will tell him about you.
    Edit: Season II score - 9352.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just one question : how will you be able to perform in PvPs where new characters are needed, if you don't do anything in PvEs to get the new covers ?

After a month or two, this will not work.

MPQ is based on a financial where everything is locked, and it's hard to escape by avoiding the system.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    The only case when a new character hasn't been accessible from PvP for quite some time seems to be lazy Thor, all the consequent releases and most prior ones have been available through both PvE and PvP, IIRC. Perhaps the devs have been testing the lazy characters concept in Thor's case.
  • goarmy83
    goarmy83 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I just joined the chat forum because my alliance had been killing me I have over 850 points in hood and almost 1700 in the simulator.I really need a new alliance to help me get leveld up my name in puzzle quest is goarmy83 as well please let me know would love to help you out.
  • atomzed
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Just one question : how will you be able to perform in PvPs where new characters are needed, if you don't do anything in PvEs to get the new covers ?

After a month or two, this will not work.

MPQ is based on a financial where everything is locked, and it's hard to escape by avoiding the system.

Relevant point.

I won't deny that without pve to feed into the pvp, we are at a disadvantage.

But being a pvp centric guild doesn't mean that the members will skip pve entirely. They can still choose to grind for individual awards; they just won't have the assurance of getting the alliance cover.

Those who don't like the idea, well then the guild is not suitable for you. But I'm sure we can find ppl who only want to focus on pvp and be free of the alliance responsibilities of pve.

Another point is that in pvp, you are always given the loan featured character. Getting to 650 with the featured character is very possible. So.even if you don't have the character, you can still compete in pvp.
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is a beautiful idea. I will be sticking with my current group but I wanted to give my support. Hope yall do very well.
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Heya Raphael. I applied in game.

Thanks!
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This seems truly interesting. I'm curious to see how it turns out.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Pray tell when you're close to being filled.
  • atomzed
    Options
    With the new reward structure, it makes more sense focus on pvp!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Definitely interested, but I'd rather not join until you're close to being filled as my current alliance is capable of making top 100 icon_e_confused.gif
    I have around 10k hp and about 80k iso so I'm waiting to see if I want to max sentry or if I can pick up some LD or LT covers and go with one of those, but I don't have a maxed ***
    My roster's notable options (22 total slots):

553 OBW 85
    445 Ares 85
    544 CStorm 60
    221 Fabio 41
    121 BP 18
    111 LCap 15
    210 Hood 15
    022 Hulk 15

650 points'll be automatic, especially with how easy it is to tank at the start of the season.
    Hope to hear back from you icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • renfox
    renfox Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have my own alliance but was looking to join a bigger one. I've played everyday since it MPQ came out on ipad. I'm currently using a OBW85 and Arese85 for most tourneys. I'm just starting to get good at hitting the top 5 in PVPs (just got 1st for a Hood at 5y3b along with 5th for a lazyStorm at 3r1g. I participate and max out everything as best I can. Let me know if you want me to add to the bane cause.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Already looks like you're pretty stacked icon_e_surprised.gif I'll throw my hat in the ring now if you'll take me
  • Unknown
    Options
    Already looks like you're pretty stacked icon_e_surprised.gif I'll throw my hat in the ring now if you'll take me

We still have spots: pm me or post your roster here.

Already did, the one with the two 85s
  • Unknown
    Options

We still have spots: pm me or post your roster here.

Already did, the one with the two 85s

I don't have the PM, but I will sign you on. Apply in-game.

Just shot the app, cheers1