What's New MPQ - February 2024 (Updated 02/23/24)

Options

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 3 February 2024, 10:12
    Options

Yes, I think I needed a Yellow cover to champ him as he was 2/5/5 for ages. He was my first 5* champ as a result. I remember debating at the time whether the costume was worth an additional 50CP.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So, all PVPs for Black History Month feature white people?
    Not a bad look, at all.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:
    I have it too.

But no recollection of how I got it as I know it wasn't via $. So it must have been something else (HP offer?)

@entrailbucket - I can't believe you have every other costume! Clearly you buy every costume bundle to have such a collection. I've got a fair number (esp since VIP now giving out 1 a month) but no where near a complete collection.

KGB

I don't buy every single thing they offer, and I don't spend as much as a lot of others, but I've always bought all the costumes. I prioritize fun over the best deals or the best characters, and for me, costumes are fun!

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,975 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:
    I have it too.

But no recollection of how I got it as I know it wasn't via $. So it must have been something else (HP offer?)

@entrailbucket - I can't believe you have every other costume! Clearly you buy every costume bundle to have such a collection. I've got a fair number (esp since VIP now giving out 1 a month) but no where near a complete collection.

KGB

I don't buy every single thing they offer, and I don't spend as much as a lot of others, but I've always bought all the costumes. I prioritize fun over the best deals or the best characters, and for me, costumes are fun!

They are fun for me too. The deadpool costume offered for VIP sign up several years ago was the first time I spent any money on this game. I was annoyed for a while when they stopped offering costumes as part of VIP but thankfully they're back to doing it again.

KGB

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    So, all PVPs for Black History Month feature white people?
    Not a bad look, at all.

Wakanda Whitever.

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

Could be Shuri.
    A version as Black Panther & a version as Asa Adanna - Spiritual Warrior of Wakanda.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I just noticed that the heroic version of the boss event gives out the Netflix Daredevil costume!

That's the rarest MPQ costume and the only one I don't have. Every other costume has been sold for either HP or real money. The Daredevil costume has ONLY been offered as part of a 250CP offer (or was it 500? I forget). I believe it's only been offered once, as well.

Excited to finally complete the set!

Yet another duplicate costume for me.
    I got mine in October 2022 from the free token pull in the Costume Vault that they did that anniversary.

• concillado
    concillado Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options

Can the weekly buff list please be updated? Thx! :)

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@concillado said:
    Can the weekly buff list please be updated? Thx! :)

Done! Will have another update at end of week.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,370 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@S0kun said:
    Calendar coming soon!
    *Click or Open In New Tab to enlarge.

1 week later :wink:

• S0kun
    Options

@DeNappa said:

@S0kun said:
    Calendar coming soon!
    *Click or Open In New Tab to enlarge.

1 week later :wink:

Woops! I actually posted it earlier in the week in the announcement post. Now in both versions.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@S0kun could you break up the 5* boosts a little?
    Ever since the class of events with the yearly boost lists, the 5s have been boosted in order of release.
    Maybe you could switch that to two new 5s and 2 old 5s, so that we don't have the power creeped new ones all in one week, and then start the next week with... surfer / Phoenix / oml /BSSM.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    @S0kun could you break up the 5* boosts a little?
    Ever since the class of events with the yearly boost lists, the 5s have been boosted in order of release.
    Maybe you could switch that to two new 5s and 2 old 5s, so that we don't have the power creeped new ones all in one week, and then start the next week with... surfer / Phoenix / oml /BSSM.

They’re approaching, kind of, the end of the cycle (not sure how they handled the newest 5s, did they all get boosted after Class of in a group or?). If they keep going in order of release we will cycle in about 4 weeks. That seems like a good time to shake it up.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If they keep going then it looks like this:

22 Dec 2022 Hit-Monkey (E.D.I. Suit)
    19 Jan 2023 Wong (Sorcerer Supreme)
    16 Feb 2023 Kang (The Conqueror)
    16 Mar 2023 Magik (Phoenix Five)

13 Apr 2023 Jeffrey (Symbiote)
    11 May 2023 High Evolutionary (Awesome Mix Vol. 3)
    8 Jun 2023 Spider-Gwen (Gwenom)
    6 Jul 2023 Venomsaurus Rex (Brockiosaurus)

3 Aug 2023 Omega Red (Horseman of Pestilence)
    31 Aug 2023 Vulture (Armor Wars)
    28 Sep 2023 Miles Morales (Carnage Symbiote)
    26 Oct 2023 Peggy Carter (Worthy)

That will take them to approaching when Goose should cycle into Classics.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 8 February 2024, 19:54
    Options

If we get 2 powercreep newness with two oldy moldys, then it won’t really be a choice of who to play will it? (In b4 someone says “Thor”). Although many of the oldy moldys like Surfer, Jean, and Star-Lord have been reworked to be better than MANY released after them. So… nevermind.

I just want more synergy in the boosted week to week regardless of when they were released. It sucks when 3/4 have their best active color as blue, and the 4th boosted is a Natasha Black Widow (read: unplayable even boosted). But, I understand that it would require a lot of thought and they want to keep these boosts a mostly automated process/rotation.

• S0kun
    Options

Latest updates include:

• Some adjustments to the PVP schedule to better reflect the diversity of Black History Month
    • PVE: UNSTABLE ISO-8, FIGHT FOR WAKANDA
    • PVP: ELECTRIC EXPERIENCES: Victor Mancha (Runaways), VICIOUS VOLTAGE: Victor Mancha (Victorious), PREDATOR AND PREY: Black Panther (T'Challa), STICKS AND STONES: Luke Cage (Hero for Hire), HIGH STAKES: Blade (Daywalker)
    • 3 of 4 DDQs for the month
    • next 2 Buff lists
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 389 Mover and Shaker
    Options

• next 2 Buff lists

The buff list was updated earlier in the week. Was there supposed to be more?

• S0kun
    Options

@Pantera236 said:
    • next 2 Buff lists

The buff list was updated earlier in the week. Was there supposed to be more?

I was pointing to 02/08/24 - 02/15/24 & 02/15/24 - 02/22/24. Last 2 don't have any events created in their windows yet so I haven't been able to pull them up. Prob next week though!

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 389 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Cool, just checking 🤘

• Bowgentle
    Options

Thank you for updating the PVP schedule, looks much better now :)