Discard [Fixed]

Options
Janosik
Janosik Posts: 344 Mover and Shaker
edited 23 January 2024, 17:59 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues

Up until now, if an effect states it 'discards' a card, it implicitly means the last card in hand.

In cards in LCI, tho, 'discard' now means the first card in hand

Is this intentional? It's affecting the playability of some cards, both positively and negatively, to a huge degree.

Oktagon tended to make certain rules on cards implicit and not explicit out of sheer laziness. Instead of "Discard a card", might I suggest you adopt the following standard wording:

"Discard your first card...."
"Discard your last card..."
"Discard a random card..."

Comments

• Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options

This is what the discard rule says ingame

Also reported here
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/89419/bladecoil-serpent-bug#latest
    Which looks to be ignored by WC

And here
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/89581/aclazotz-deepest-betrayal-has-three-bugs#latest
    Maybe WC will see this one.

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yes, it seems like some sort of error. It's a pretty strong impact.

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yes this should be reported as a bug because it clearly goes against their rules, as stated above.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hey, @Janosik!

Discarding the first one is, indeed, not the expected behaviour. Our team is investigating what is going on and I've updated the bug list with it.
    One point, though: it didn't start with LCI, is that right? @Opperstamper, you reported it happened with Bladecoil Serpent. Did it start with WOE?

If you have any extra info, just reply in this thread and I'll keep our team informed.
    Thanks a bunch, folks!

Lu

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hi Lu,

I just played the event Seize the Day, where I used a card Cabal Therapy, which explicitly states that the last card in your hand with mana gets discarded, yet when I play it, it discards my opponent's first card.

So I don't know what happened but something/someone tweaked the universal code to default to discarding from the top down?

• Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Magic:PQ Support Team said:
    Hey, @Janosik!

Discarding the first one is, indeed, not the expected behaviour. Our team is investigating what is going on and I've updated the bug list with it.
    One point, though: it didn't start with LCI, is that right? @Opperstamper, you reported it happened with Bladecoil Serpent. Did it start with WOE?

If you have any extra info, just reply in this thread and I'll keep our team informed.
    Thanks a bunch, folks!

Lu

I'm not entirely sure. I noticed it with BCS when that card was balanced. The before version always discarded whole hands anyway, so it didn't matter. After the balance we get to keep some cards, but the top cards are discarded.

Edit: I think at that time it was just BCS, not a universal issue.

I see Mainloop reports Cabal Therapy, and that is conditional. Was that the only card that applied to the conditions? Then it is normal behavior. If there were multiple, then it is also a victim of this bug. @Mainloop25 can you confirm that?

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

[taking notes]