Release Notes 6.2.0

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,281 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2023 in MtGPQ General Discussion

New Planeswalker

Teferi Akosa of Zhalfir

Many years ago, the planeswalker Teferi Akosa used his chronarch abilities to isolate his homeland of o Zhalfir from the time and space, trying to protect it from the first Phyrexian invasion of Dominaria but was unable to bring it back afterwards. To Teferi's surprise, he was transported to Zhalfir itself after a time traveling accident. There, time had worked at a different pace and merely 10 years had passed for the kingdom's denizens as they were still preparing for the first Phyrexyan invasion. With renewed conviction, Teferi join's his fellow countrymen to battle Phyrexia, hopefully for the last time!

Fixes

• Fixed the issue where the vanguard card Koth, Fire of Resistance (ONE) had the plains subtype instead of the Koth subtype.

Card Gallery: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=MagicPuzzleQuest&set=a.719684296828598

Disclaimer: all content posted before the release is subject to change.

Comments

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

These are the shortest pre-release notes ever before a new set

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023
    Options

There's almost half the cards compared to the number of cards in other sets. Are more cards going to be added or is this the entire set?

• gozmaster
    gozmaster Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options

So Yall Gonna Fix the Danitha/Souls Broken Combo?

• versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options

And do we get a standard filter for the deck editor?

• wraszowixuXuxi
    wraszowixuXuxi Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options

Paper's collection of March of the Machine introduced a new type of card called Battles, and they were kinda a big schtick about it. Looking though this gallery (at least what is already on Facebook), I don't think I saw them or maybe even any of the cards that deal with them. They could be kinda a funky card type to translate, as they -could- be a support for their front side... but creatures and some spells may need to be able to attack them to lower the shields AND all of the ones in MOM (which I think is all of the battles so far) are flip cards, kinda like the Kamigawa sagas. Some turn into creatures; some might just become another support (I think there were enchantments and artifacts); Heck, Teferi Akosa is the flipped side of "Invasion of New Phyrexia", so you got Planeswalker/Vanguard potential as well.

What I'm getting at is that there likely could be a latter half of this set, and I can get that it might take a little more time to get the rest of the stuff right. But that might just be me.

Also, looking like the March of the Machine: Aftermath desparked planeswalker creatures are making up the Masterpieces of this set in PQ, but I don't yet see Nissa or Narset shown. Thinking on that though, Brothers' Wars Facebook gallery didn't have Tocasia in it, and yet we still got the card upon release, so I was worried then happy that time.

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options

Where are the release notes? Did I overlook something? I think I also missed the following:

Bug fixes:
    Your opponent's supports (including Toxin tokens) no longer count as you casting a support for the Order of the Blessed ONE event.

Come on @Oktagon_Support! This is still not fixed and very annoying! I do not like having to play extra matches, because I lost points due to this ever lasting bug.

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@khurram said:
    There's almost half the cards compared to the number of cards in other sets. Are more cards going to be added or is this the entire set?

I was thinking this was a small set in paper MTG, but it's not, is it? 283 cards, about the same size as the last few paper sets. Here in MTG we get a set of 129 cards, when the last set ONE had 211.

On top of that, we get one PW, no events, no Vanguards, no new BftA cards.... not to mention all the unfixed bugs. Oktagon are really phoning it in recently. No wonder coalition participation is dropping. Of course everyone is off to play [4th version of big brand game].

Have y'all cut dev time on the game to do something else?

• Anarchangel
    Anarchangel Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2023
    Options

No new mechanics and therefore no Training, but lots of Convoke and Flash.
    New loading screen added to Fblthp.

• Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Whatever happened to the Flash rework? Just another broken promise, I giess.

• fishiwan
    fishiwan Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options

Nice that you released half of the set early. Looking forward to the full release with actual patch notes soon.

• wraszowixuXuxi
    wraszowixuXuxi Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options

Eh. With the release out now, confirming what was in the Facebook gallery and -kinda- in these patch notes, looking like a two-part set. And on top of that, with what we have so far, may be one that might (not trying to jinx y'all, Oktagon) might not be able to make much money on outside VIP subs. There aren't any BftAges exclusives (yet) - but there also aren't any paid exclusive cards yet either. All the exclusives you can find for it in the in-game gallery are just the full-art cards to get from Fblthp.

On the lack of new mechanics, what's in the received cards is kinda an un-named one here. What we have with the cards that can pass a buff to either itself, or another creature for a turn, is called Backup in paper. All that we did receive for the double-faced non-token cards is the Phyrexian Praetors, where in paper they have a Saga on their back, and here they create a Saga token. In both cases, the Praetors return to the battlefield at the end of the Saga. Paper has a number of other double-sided cards that get turned into phyrexians on their flip sides permanently, but it isn't exactly a keyworded mechanic. So pretty much all that is new keyword-wise for the full set was Backup and Battles, and I guess here Backup might have translated a little wordy if named, and at worst would maybe have drawn attention to making another keyword-mechanic objective in events.

Not sure that it is required of Oktagon, or what other demands they may get from Wizards of the Coast to follow, but it does seem lately that our Puzzle Quest premier(?) sets either released - or at least get spoilers or notes or galleries - around when paper MtG is finishing spoilers or releasing the next set after that. This weekend is the prerelease for the Lord of the Rings set. While we probably won't get that one ourselves - it not being a Standard set, and being a third-part IP as well - it is a new release, so Okty may have felt they need to submit a start to the previous one.

I am kinda wondering, if/when we get the second part of March of the Machine, if the added cards will go into the same packs, or if there is an option to pull for them from something separate. There may be some precedent for what they might do, from the earlier sets of the game, but I don't really know that stuff firsthand.

TLDR: March of the Machine may likely be a two-part set, which Oktagon will probably want to get out sooner than later financially, but probably more when mechanics get translated and ironed out. Without Battles added yet, as well as MOM's other flip/transform cards there isn't really, there isn't very much they could write on new mechanics for this part of the release (as Backup is added without it being an icon+keyword). We may have gotten what we got as a start because paper MtG is aleady getting a new set soon, though it isn't one that is part of Standard.

• Janosik
    edited June 2023
    Options

@wraszowixuXuxi said:

TLDR: March of the Machine may likely be a two-part set, which Oktagon will probably want to get out sooner than later

Anything might be true. Maybe individual legacy set crafting is coming. Maybe a rework of the matchmaking system is coming. Maybe month-old and year-old bugs will get fixed.

• naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2023
    Options

The set contains 130 cards with one exklusive rare that will most likely go to bfta or might be sold

• fishiwan
    fishiwan Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options

Just realised how there has been no mention of a change to Revolving Planeswalk. The addition of a new weekend coalition event has been delayed on release before, but then it was at least mentioned in the patch notes for that set. Also, while the story has been engineered to a place where there will be fewer PWs going forward, you already skipped some in ONE, so there really seems to be no reason to only release a single PW in this set.

I've been playing this game since before Ixalan, and I've never seen such little care and fanfare over the release of a new set. This is the one mobile game that I've held onto, while getting rid of so many others. I don't want to stop playing, but this apparent lack of commitment from D3 is making me think it might be time to find a replacement. Please do better. Or more. Or something.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,281 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hello everyone,
    You will notice that a new version is available for download in your app store. I came to inform you that there will be no Release Notes for this new version, it only includes the update of some software used by the development team. Nothing has been changed or added to the game 😊
    Rebeca.

• gozmaster
    gozmaster Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options

Hey Rebeca, You can tell me... I won't tell nobody... Are we getting a "part 2" to this latest set with new mechanics and the rest of the cards we were all excited to see in PQ?

Huh?

Cmon buddy?

:wink:

• Janosik
    Options

@gozmaster said:
    Hey Rebeca, You can tell me... I won't tell nobody... Are we getting a "part 2" to this latest set with new mechanics and the rest of the cards we were all excited to see in PQ?

Huh?

Cmon buddy?

:wink:

This all reminds me of the time that the fandom was so disappointed in the 4th season of BBC's 'Sherlock' that they decided there simply must be a secret 4th episode being planned which would retroactively make it all good.

Spoiler: there wasn't

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Janosik - sorry to hear that you didn’t manage to solve the riddle hidden throughout the 4th season of Sherlock and therefore have not seen the last episode. :-D