Some older cards are STILL bugged! [Investigating]

Wolftelope9090
Wolftelope9090 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In

Hello, I hope everything there is running just fine. I've tested a couple of different cards and found some problems here:

Firstly, there is Light up the Stage (from Ravnica Allegiance expansion). It says it exiles a random card on your hand after drawing 2 (and giving them 3 mana). Problem is it actually discards one random card from your hand

Secondly, Mutilate (from the Torment expansion): It says "Give all creatures -X/-X until the end of the turn. X is equal to the number of Black Gems on the board"

Problem is it only decreases Power and not Endurance, making it borderline useless.

Is this how those cards are intended to work? If the answer is yes, at least fix the text on the card, then. And rebalance Mutilate by giving it Flash or something.

Good luck out there.

Comments

• Wolftelope9090
    Wolftelope9090 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2023

I'll try again in a more orderly format, now I've discovered another old bugged card. Making it 3

Card Name: Light up the Stage
    Expansion: Ravnica Allegiance
    Rarity: Common
    Cost: 14
    Color: Red
    Type: Spell
    Subtype: None
    Supposed Effect: Draw 2 cards. Those cards gain 3 mana. Exile a random card from your hand
    Other Specials: Spectacle 3
    Problem: The supposedly exiled card is discarded instead, going to the graveyard.

Card Name: Mutilate
    Expansion: Torment
    Rarity: Rare
    Cost: 13
    Color: Black
    Type: Spell
    Subtype: None
    Supposed Effect: All creatures get -X/-X until the end of the turn. X equals the number of Black Gems on the board.
    Other Specials: None
    Problem: Only the Power of the creatures is reduced. Not their toughness.

And now... the latest culprit

Card Name: Herald of Kozilek
    Expansion: Battle for Zendikar
    Rarity: Uncommon
    Cost: 12
    Colors: Red & Blue
    Type: Creature
    Subtypes: Eldrazi Drone
    Supposed Effect: As long as this creature is in the field, your Colorless cards cost 1 less
    Other Specials: Void Mana, but doesn't matter here. It works correctly
    "Problem": This effect stacks with its reinforcements (if it has 1 reinforcement, then the Colorless cards in your hand cost 2 less, with 2 reinfs the discount is 3... and so on).

Is it working as intended? If the answer is yes, then please correct the text on the card

Thanks in advance

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello @Wolftelope9090 ,
    Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊
    Rebeca.