edited January 2023 in MtGPQ General Discussion

New Events

• Break the Powerstone
  • Event Type: PvP, Coalition.
  • Entrance Fee: No entrance fee.
  • Deck Restrictions: Standard
  • Rewards: Progression, Rank, Coalition
  • A single node allowing for any color combination;
  • One single node with one support owned by both player’s that is divided into 2 supports; one for each player depending on the players actions;
  • Initial Charges: 6 | Max Charges: 12
  • Recharge Time: 23.5h
  • Event Duration: 46h

Changes

• Added a version of The Brothers War (BRO) to all Revolving Planeswalk events, for details, please check here.
  • Changed the Rare Creature card: Rem Karolus, Stalwart Slayer (MID), and the Rare Support card: Mechanized Warfare (BRO). Now they have limited activations per turn.
    • How they were before the change:

Rem Karolus, Stalwart Slayer:

While on the battlefield: Your creatures gain Prevent Damage. When another source you control deals damage to your opponent's Planeswalker: Deal 2 damage to your oppoent's planeswalker.

Mechanized Warfare:

When another Red or Artifact source you control deals damage to a creature: Deal 2 damage to that creature.

• How they will be now:

Rem Karolus, Stalwart Slayer:
While on the battlefield: Your creatures gain Prevent Damage. When another source you control deals damage to your opponent's Planeswalker: Deal 2 damage to your opponent's planeswalker. This effect can trigger up to 3 time(s) per turn.

Mechanized Warfare:

When another Red or Artifact source you control deals damage to a creature: Deal 2 damage to that creature. This effect can trigger up to 3 time(s) per turn.

Fixes

• Fixed Push Notifications on Androids.
  • Fixed the issue where the card Lay Down Arms exiles opposing creatures that cost more than the creature with the greatest mana cost the player controls.
  • Fixed the issue where the card Shoot Down exiles an opposing support when triggering the second condition.
  • Fixed the issue where the card Static Net is not creating a Powerstone token.
  • Fixed the issue where the card Junkyard Genius triggers when non-Artifact supports are matched.
  • Fixed the issue where the card [Legions to Ashes exiles the last tokens on the battlefield instead of exiling the tokens with more reinforcements.
  • Fixed the issue where the card Legions to Ashes exiles Emblem Token supports.
  • Fixed the issue where the card Fateful Handoff triggers even if the player selects not now in the prompt.
  • Fixed the issue where the card Kayla’s Reconstruction only has its level incremented in the first match of the turn instead of having it incremented in the first match while this card is in the player's hand.
  • Fixed the issue where the card Yawgmoth Demon doesn't receive can't attack and can't block nor deal damage to the player when there are no Artifacts on the battlefield.
  • Fixed the issue where there were no rewards for Level Up from level 500 onwards.

Comments

• gozmaster
    gozmaster Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options

I'm deeply saddened by the Rem Nerf, but understand the need to keep the game from being TOO broken :tongue:

• Anarchangel
    Anarchangel Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options

Thanking you for having fixed Rem and Mech Warfare, and aware that another such fix is almost as much work again, I would still like to call your attention to another such infinite combo :
    Curse of Vitality
    That's it. That's the combo. Joking, of course, but that is the troublemaker. There's too many other cards that make a combo with it, to fix all of them.
    Could you slap a, "x times per turn" on CoV's ability too, please?

• Sephiroth0574
    Sephiroth0574 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options

Why not just "x times" mech warfare? Not that Rem powers through much w the ping pong effect, but it was nice to have a reason to use Samut once in a while... 😢

• TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Break the Powerstone - interesting idea with the splitting support, but I’m disappointed the objectives are so generic again for a new event. Same with TKR, etc. Are we no longer going to get mechanic-based objectives on events that provide some challenge in deck building?

• Asylamb
    Asylamb Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2023
    Options

Honestly, I don't care about the Rem Karolus nerf, but I do think that the devs took the wrong approach.
    In one of the forum discussions @BongoTheGrey highlighted that the common denominator in those damage loops (either Samut's ultimate Emblem or Warfare) was Rem.
    Just change him to what he is in paper. Increase the red-sourced damage by 2 instead of creating a new instance of damage dealing.

• camo
    camo Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options

While on the same subject, could you also slap "x times per turn" on Omniscience ability too, please?

• ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@camo said:
    While on the same subject, could you also slap "x times per turn" on Omniscience ability too, please?

Omniscience already has that. It loses a shield every time you cast a card with it out.

• camo
    Options

@ambrosio191 said:

@camo said:

Omniscience already has that. It loses a shield every time you cast a card with it out.

nope, thats not fixed x times per turn.

since dev make precedent to slap x times per turn on loop rem-mech, they should apply similar text on all other loop card as well.

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@camo - the shield loss is effectively the same as “x times per turn”. But the shield loss is much more restrictive.

I’m guessing that you want to add “x times per turn” in order to stop looping decks, but that has never been an objective of the devs, so don’t expect any change of this kind.

• fishiwan
    fishiwan Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options

@camo said:

since dev make precedent to slap x times per turn on loop rem-mech, they should apply similar text on all other loop card as well.

There's a big difference between a Masterpiece card in Legacy that requires build around and a little player savvy to be infinite, and two rares in Standard that can go infinite just as a pair even when played by the AI.

I'm not a fan of loops, but these two aren't really comparable.

• camo
    Options

legacy was once standard and standard will someday become legacy, that doesnt matter as time goes.

im just saying if dev already start a precedent to change existing loop card into limited loop, don't stop, keep going and make all loop card have fixed finite times per round, doesnt matter legacy or standard.

• Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 64 Match Maker
    edited January 2023
    Options

@TheHunter said:
    Break the Powerstone - interesting idea with the splitting support, but I’m disappointed the objectives are so generic again for a new event. Same with TKR, etc. Are we no longer going to get mechanic-based objectives on events that provide some challenge in deck building?

I strongly disagree. Having events with mechanic-based objectives leads to some of the worst events in my opinion. Often, new mechanics are not that strong, and an event requiring you to meet mechanic-based objectives can be extremely grindy and force you into very suboptimal strategies. Consider Doomskar Claimants. The snow node is super grindy, and the boast node forces you to play very slowly to ensure that you can meet the boast objective. Of all the events in the last 2 years, this event was my least favorite by far. Sure, I could perfect the event, and did several times, but I couldn't stand the objectives. And folks in platinum would sometimes get matched up against decks built for other nodes or against players who were ignoring objectives entirely, and then they'd be forced to play against the most powerful standard decks while they were trying to attack 4 times with a boast creature, or delaying their win until they cast 4 snow cards and killed 4 creatures with the same type. I am sure that there were folks who were a fan of DC, but I also heard lots of people complain about it, and several of those complaints were based on reasons outlined above.

Just imagine if The Kamigawa Run had forced us to play cards with ninjutsu. That would have been a nightmare. I am very grateful that the devs did not saddle us with such an event.

I think there are other ways to make deck-building challenging without forcing players to rely on slow and grindy new mechanics. Restrict the rarity of cards you can use. Restrict the amount of spells you can cast or have in your deck. You could also do the same thing with supports. There are lots of options that place meaningful limits of deck construction without forcing players to play with suboptimal new-mechanic cards.

• KingGrace
    KingGrace Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options

Nerfing strong combos because of feel bads is trash. Rem+Mech sure does end the round quickly-ish, but doing it rarely gets the player the additional objectives. W/L records don't matter in this game. It's not that prevalent, I've only seen the combo with Mech or Samut one time. There are more obnoxious cards and combos. Faithbound Judge/Sinner's Judgment is far more obnoxious as an individual card than Rem+Mech is as a combo. Fighting against a maxed out opponent, is far more oppressive.

Just my opinion, certainly know you don't want any of the players to be as strong as some of the bosses and ridiculous RNG rigging this game provides as "challenges." Unless they can afford to buy over priced packs

• Mkvenner
    Mkvenner Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options

Pretty irritated they nerfed a card that will rotate soon AND something that’s gonna be around for a while. Very unfortunate and unnecessary. Should have left Warfare alone.

• Mkvenner
    Mkvenner Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2023
    Options

@camo said:
    legacy was once standard and standard will someday become legacy, that doesnt matter as time goes.

im just saying if dev already start a precedent to change existing loop card into limited loop, don't stop, keep going and make all loop card have fixed finite times per round, doesnt matter legacy or standard.

Why do that? Why take away part of what makes the game what it is? You have three deck style choice: Control, Aggro and, Combo.
    You want it to just be two? Where is that any fun? You want the only way to win in PQ to be beating someone with creatures? That takes almost no talent or skill in deck building. The whole “I want cards to be weaker because it’s more fair or because I don’t have them”. In paper magic in 2010 they didn’t need any of the cards that made the deck Caw Blade and it ran the whole gamut until the cards rotated. No other deck could compare at all and it was no fun to play. Pigeon-holing people into playing only one or two decks is not a way to run a game. You don’t like it? Build to beat it.

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@camo said:

I'm just saying you don't try and get devs to ruin the game for rest of the players. Thank you very much.

• naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options

VIP highest tier reward stuck at 46 for some time now while i see myself reaching month 47 on January 29th. Are there no further tier rewards planed past 46 month of subscrition?