New Character Announcement Tomorrow (1/9/23)

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin

Hey all, just wanted to give you a heads up that we're doing some last minute mechanics updates on the next new character. As such, we'd rather release the info tomorrow once we've got those changes tested rather than put out something we think will work, then have to walk it back. So, yes, info! Tomorrow.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You can't go wong because this is technically best choice.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We will get to find out Wong way or another so is all good!

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options

I dunno why people assume its Wong.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Mr_F said:

The clue fits, and Wong was in She-Hulk with Abomination, who feeds the new 5-star.

• Mr_F
    edited January 2023
    Options

@MegaBee said:

@Mr_F said:

The clue fits, and Wong was in She-Hulk with Abomination, who feeds the new 5-star.

Nani? In TV Show? Heh. And I thought I can expect from comic book based game to have some respect for source material. Wong has as much connections to gamma mutates as I do. I wish they (not specifing who exactly are those "they") stopped acting as MCU is more main Marvel Universe than 616.

Another point on the list how Disney has ruined Marvel for me.

BTW - EOT. I wont drag this topic much longer here.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Mr_F said:

@MegaBee said:

@Mr_F said:

Nani? In TV Show? Heh. And I thought I can expect from comic book based game to have some respect for source material. Wong has as much connections to gamma mutates as I do. I wish they (not specifing who exactly are those "they") stopped acting as MCU is more main Marvel Universe than 616.

Another point on the list how Disney has ruined Marvel for me.

BTW - EOT. I wont drag this topic much longer here.

Wait, where does it say that MPQ is only a comic book based game? Aren't, for example, literally the majority of the 5* Avengers in the game based on MCU versions? We have a mixture of source material for characters.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2023
    Options

Wasn't he also in Shang Chi? I vaguely remember a staged fight between him and Abomination.

And yes, his release is perfectly timed with Lunar New Year. But don't think that's the only deciding factor, he's really popular and people have been asking for him as much as Omega Red.

p.s. What are the chances the devs are going to be continously generous and put Shang Chi in his release store?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bzhai said:

[...] he's really popular and people have been asking for him as much as Omega Red.

Like here, or elsewhere? I guess I haven't noticed it, but I'm happy to see him join as more than a support, he's great in the MCU.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

He's become really popular since he started showing up in the recent Disney+ shows, and rightly so.

• Mr_F
    Options

@DAZ0273
    I wrote one page long essay but decided to make it really shorter. I know that If I drag myself into this kind of topics, there will be methaphorical blood here and there as, for me, it is too complicated topic to make short answer and being well understood at the same time. And there is not TLDR version of my thougts here.

The REALY SHORT answer is "knowhere". And lets end it here. Really. Please.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bzhai said:

p.s. What are the chances the devs are going to be continously generous and put Shang Chi in his release store?

I hope they do for the New Years store. Having Tony Stark and Okoye representing the event was a little... Um, unfortunate...

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is the strangest discussion. You all here talking about it is Wong or it is not Wong when clearly it is Banshee because … reasons.
    Literally this is a strange thread for speculation when no extra hints have been dropped.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@dianetics said:
    This is the strangest discussion. You all here talking about it is Wong or it is not Wong when clearly it is Banshee because … reasons.
    Literally this is a strange thread for speculation when no extra hints have been dropped.

Strange Sights release event because hearing has been damaged by a sonic wail and now everything is strange without sound. Banshee incoming confirmed.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Can we equip the Wong support on Wong?

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 623 Critical Contributor
    Options

@fight4thedream said:
    **Mod note: Removed an off-topic discussion on racist tropes and separated a discussion on whether the MCU has ruined Marvel comics or not?

If you wish to continue that particular discussion please do so there.

Please keep this thread on topic. Thank you.**

and thank YOU! Good lord, that’s been the most egregiously beating-a-dead-horse / schoolyard-esque topic I’ve seen on here over the past years (and usually from the same regulars).

Looking forward to the new character announcement! Thanks for the communication (and phenomenal work in general), Broken Circle!

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,712 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bzhai said:

And Dr Strange? We haven't had him in a while.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Vhailorx said:
    Can we equip the Wong support on Wong?

You can equip the Hulkling support on Hulkling, so I'm going to guess you can.