What's New MPQ - December (Updated 12/12)

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Did anyone else notice a classic token in their Classic Legend store? I was looking to see if Arcade was in yesterday and I saw a Classic token. I didn't make any purchase at all. I've been searching high and low for the origin of this token.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Did anyone else notice a classic token in their Classic Legend store? I was looking to see if Arcade was in yesterday and I saw a Classic token. I didn't make any purchase at all. I've been searching high and low for the origin of this token.

Classic tokens were in one of the vaults, recently. Probably that's where you got it from.

I don't have one, myself, so I don't think it was a playerbase award.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thank you. That explains why I got a classic token. They must be located past the first "page" of the vault. It must be some vault I'm not interested in. :D

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

They were at the end of the Black Friday Vault. I got one as well.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm overly tired and punch drunk, but can't get the following out of my head. Please, forgive me.

Multi-dextrous... Is a mislead; it's not referencing one character doing many things; it's referencing many characters doing one thing.

We've seen two characters working together (Cloak and Dagger) but now we'll have an entire team jammed into one character slot.

And no team could be more worthy than...
    The Great Lakes Avengers!

Mr Immortal, Dinah Soar, Doorman, Big Bertha, Flatman, Good Boy, they're all here and ready to try not to get in the way.

Each character has one active power that corresponds to a different color... And the active character rotates randomly each time you make a match. So, much like the teams effectiveness, or lack thereof, you never know what you're gonna get.

They each also have two passives: one that's beneficial to you, and one that possibly hinders you. I mean, they wouldn't be the GLA if they were totally effective, maybe they just hinder whatever the meta characters do.

Clint and Bobbi get a pass though: if you have Hawkeye or Mockingbird on the team with the GLA their hindering passives become better for you... Marginally.

I thought of a few powers, but then I forgot them because, as I stated previously, I'm in dire need of sleep.

Anyway, it's not Zemo or Fantomex, and we have Big Wheel of all things, so...GLA is as good a guess as anything else.

PS. You have no idea how many typos I just corrected. Tiny kitty thing looked like a three year old wrote it.

With that: I bid thee good night.

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options

How many PVP events are there going to be in the current season? Is it 9 again like last season or back to 10? I'd like to know so I can plan ahead to 10000 points which I missed last season for the first time in a longest time not knowing it was one event short of the usual 10.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:

@killahKlown said:
    You're assuming a lot. Or have you taken a survey I'm unaware of?? I've seen just as much players in favor of having both running simultaneously. Don't presume to be in some great majority here.

From general polling on the forums it is close, but the general majority is not in favor of it. Maybe 60-70% do not want them running concurrently. But, it appears there is a sizable portion that do want "something" to do besides just the boss events. Which I have been vocal about for a while.

There is difficult balance between providing enough content to play for those that want it without hitting the FOMO button.

They really need to bring back the gauntlet and give it an overhaul. Run it alongside the boss event every month so that people have something else to do.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MrPlow said:
    How many PVP events are there going to be in the current season? Is it 9 again like last season or back to 10? I'd like to know so I can plan ahead to 10000 points which I missed last season for the first time in a longest time not knowing it was one event short of the usual 10.

The season ends half way through the Iron Fist event. If that is excluded that would be 9.

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2022
    Options

@Dok12 said:
    Apart from Heart of Darkness, is She Hulk going to be featured any more times before she leaves latest?

My tracking says that she could get one last featured event on 12/25 (or 26th) - Infinite Pursuit. As the PVP season ends on the 24th and the next PvP season would start 12/29. I'm banking on that last event as I will need that last 250 shards to get her 13th cover.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Blackstone said:
    I'm overly tired and punch drunk, but can't get the following out of my head. Please, forgive me.

Multi-dextrous... Is a mislead; it's not referencing one character doing many things; it's referencing many characters doing one thing.

We've seen two characters working together (Cloak and Dagger) but now we'll have an entire team jammed into one character slot.

Mr Immortal, Dinah Soar, Doorman, Big Bertha, Flatman, Good Boy, they're all here and ready to try not to get in the way.

Each character has one active power that corresponds to a different color... And the active character rotates randomly each time you make a match. So, much like the teams effectiveness, or lack thereof, you never know what you're gonna get.

They each also have two passives: one that's beneficial to you, and one that possibly hinders you. I mean, they wouldn't be the GLA if they were totally effective, maybe they just hinder whatever the meta characters do.

Clint and Bobbi get a pass though: if you have Hawkeye or Mockingbird on the team with the GLA their hindering passives become better for you... Marginally.

I thought of a few powers, but then I forgot them because, as I stated previously, I'm in dire need of sleep.

Anyway, it's not Zemo or Fantomex, and we have Big Wheel of all things, so...GLA is as good a guess as anything else.

PS. You have no idea how many typos I just corrected. Tiny kitty thing looked like a three year old wrote it.

In general the clues are more straightforward than that (though I admit that its' fun to go off the rails.) I'm thinking someone who has a lot of agility and possibly an additional limb.

Since it's a 3/5, I'm thinking it might be Nightcrawler -- there's a 4* version, sure, but speaking for myself he's one of my favorite characters so I sure as heck don't mind another version. He's always fancied himself a swashbuckler, and has been known to wield three swords - one in each hand and one in his tail.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@Blackstone said:

In general the clues are more straightforward than that (though I admit that its' fun to go off the rails.) I'm thinking someone who has a lot of agility and possibly an additional limb.

Since it's a 3/5, I'm thinking it might be Nightcrawler -- there's a 4* version, sure, but speaking for myself he's one of my favorite characters so I sure as heck don't mind another version. He's always fancied himself a swashbuckler, and has been known to wield three swords - one in each hand and one in his tail.

You're absolutely right, and Nightcrawler would fit the clue wonderfully. I also think his power set could add a lot to any tier, if done right.

My "guess" was totally just going off the rails and getting random things out off my head. I always try to find ways to link clues to Zemo and Fantomex because I want to see them in the game. Even when I try to guess what it might actually be, I'm always wrong so I come up with silly GLA things.

• samael64
    samael64 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options

"Multidextrous"
    My first thought was Multiple Man.

• Reaper70
    Reaper70 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options

Love what you are doing so far !! But I didn’t see any specific holiday events on the schedule, just wondering if you plan on doing any ? Thanks

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hi @Icex , Can you please let us know whom the required 5-star Fight For Wakanda (12/18 - 12/23) PVE Essentials character will be?

Thanks!

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

@bladewing said:
    Hi @Icex , Can you please let us know whom the required 5-star Fight For Wakanda (12/18 - 12/23) PVE Essentials character will be?

Thanks!

Deathlok Storm Dakken plus new 5*

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

@killahKlown said:

@bladewing said:

Thanks!

New 5 will be the progression reward, but we don't know who is 5E is. There should be a fill-in so that Colossus doesn't miss his turn in the rotation.

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options

@iceIX - Why are the updated pvp events all showing Dec13 - Dec17 in the spoiler info?

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options

@skittledaddy said:

@killahKlown said:

@bladewing said:

Thanks!

New 5 will be the progression reward, but we don't know who is 5E is. There should be a fill-in so that Colossus doesn't miss his turn in the rotation.

Yeah, this was what I was trying to ask. And it looks like IceIX has updated to show BIG WHEEL will be the Essential 5-star for Fight For Wakanda PVE.

Thanks for the update, IceIX!