What's New MPQ - December (Updated 12/12)

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Based on what the dev said, the playerbase is divided as far as running boss and pve together is concerned, and I quote,

"With regards to PVE overlap with Bosses, the audience is somewhat divided. I can say, though, that it has been my desire for this overlap to not take place. A broad spectrum of things resulted in it falling off track (additional character, anniversary, rolling into the holidays) and when it goes off the rails it gets tricky bringing it back. We do have a plan and we can expect to see a return to "normal" very soon."

However, the dev hopes to end this. So, it's a dev decision.

As far as "being forced to play" is concerned, each of us has the ability not to play. If you're being forced to play, something is wrong. It could mean the dev can do mind control on their playerbase. Also, no one asked you to finish every events within 1 day. 12 days of Christmas, if it is runned, is a one node per day event, which takes less than a minute. As for Support event, it runs for 6 or 7 days. Take responsibility for the decision you make and don't blame the dev for it. What the dev has presented are choices to players, and they love choices.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

@killahKlown said:

@Glockoma said:
    No Holiday events? Bruh…

You guys are still doing a great job. Everyone drops the snowball sometimes.

The list only goes to mid-december. Relax

The calendar goes through the entire month, though. No "holiday" events are currently listed there.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Are trailers considered spoiler? Anyway, I edited my post.

Sorry if I was unclear, that was not meant as a reply to your post but as a question to @IceIX opening post. I wasn't certain if the empty spoiler tags are intended as separator/header or that the info below should be in it.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

@DeNappa said:

@HoundofShadow said:
    Are trailers considered spoiler? Anyway, I edited my post.

Sorry if I was unclear, that was not meant as a reply to your post but as a question to @IceIX opening post. I wasn't certain if the empty spoiler tags are intended as separator/header or that the info below should be in it.

It's the beginning of the month. The spoiler tags normally have events that have finished already. Hence, empty spoilers.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This community might be one of the really few ones where there are people who don't want to play the game any extra amount of time and also they hate people who just want to play more, demonizing them.
    I wonder if this people did try to unistall the game: suddenly there is a lot of extra time to spend with their families.
    Although that way rewards won't come anymore: there is no perfect solution.

• Punzaman
    Punzaman Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options

@IceIX - Am I reading this right, that the Iron First (Immortal Weapon) PVP ends after the season end? Will it not count, just like last time? (and therefore only 9 total PVP events this season) Like last time, the season is also starting a day before the 1st event.

• hipUK
    hipUK Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options

My fave thread! Please do them more regularly! Thanks, happy December

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@killahKlown said:
    You're assuming a lot. Or have you taken a survey I'm unaware of?? I've seen just as much players in favor of having both running simultaneously. Don't presume to be in some great majority here.

From general polling on the forums it is close, but the general majority is not in favor of it. Maybe 60-70% do not want them running concurrently. But, it appears there is a sizable portion that do want "something" to do besides just the boss events. Which I have been vocal about for a while.

There is difficult balance between providing enough content to play for those that want it without hitting the FOMO button.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Bad said:
    This community might be one of the really few ones where there are people who don't want to play the game any extra amount of time and also they hate people who just want to play more, demonizing them.
    I wonder if this people did try to unistall the game: suddenly there is a lot of extra time to spend with their families.
    Although that way rewards won't come anymore: there is no perfect solution.

Look, PvE offers 5* shards. Each latest 5* gets a limited number that they're featured during their stint in latest and every classic only comes up very rarely. So if PvE runs at the same time as bosses and you decide you can't handle both, you will miss out on one of those limited turns of that 5*'s shards. Which can be slightly annoying, depending on your progress of the character.

• dianetics
    Options

@AlexR said:
    Look, PvE offers 5* shards. Each latest 5* gets a limited number that they're featured during their stint in latest and every classic only comes up very rarely. So if PvE runs at the same time as bosses and you decide you can't handle both, you will miss out on one of those limited turns of that 5*'s shards. Which can be slightly annoying, depending on your progress of the character.

I think both times the PvE's featured classic legends and not latest legends? Maybe I'm wrong. But, we got extra Adam Warlock shards last time and this time was not a latest legend either.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2022
    Options

@dianetics said:

@AlexR said:

I think both times the PvE's featured classic legends and not latest legends? Maybe I'm wrong. But, we got extra Adam Warlock shards last time and this time was not a latest legend either.

Considering that classics only get their turn once a year, missing out on them is kinda worse, not better, lol. At least for someone who doesn't have all of them champed and would like to make progress on them. Either way, same basic problem.
    (And no-- at least last time, it was Emma Frost. Which I remember, because I did want her shards and was :( at the double-event, haha. )

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:

From general polling on the forums it is close, but the general majority is not in favor of it. Maybe 60-70% do not want them running concurrently.

I'd like to see your data to come to the 60-70% conclusion. I've never seen a general majority anywhere that doesn't want it.

This form, reddit and discord are clearly not a basis for anything. Look at how often Dr Strange has been voted as one of the three most popular.

From our lofty vet towers we forget there are a vast amount of the population that maybe only play PVE to a certain reward level, same for boss event. So playing the extra content really isn't that much of a big deal. I myself didn't play PVE for the first two+ years I played this game. Until the PVE rewards were amended. Similar there will be a ton of people that don't play PVP, so an extra event doesn't bother them.

The only stat though that really matters is engagement and the stats stated player numbers are going up not down.

• dianetics
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    I'd like to see your data to come to the 60-70% conclusion. I've never seen a general majority anywhere that doesn't want it.

As I stated from general polling on the forums it is in that area.

I will point you to this thread from the end of August.
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87378/would-you-prefer-non-puzzle-gauntlet-events-to-run-alongside-boss-events#latest

We can't ask every player, only look at those who participate. I would hazard to guess people engaged on the forums or reddit would be MORE likely to play these events not less likely. Again that is just a guess.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The best source you can trust is that it has been repeated already a lot of times.
    That proves on devs metrics people actually play, whatever their personal opinion could be.
    Doing a pve just on progression rewards is a relaxing event.
    Also there is the player strenght factor: an advanced 5* strong player needs half the time than others, and then they aren't on the same boat.
    Actually what I want is fun, extra, interesting new content.
    Still waiting for it. Hope is the last thing to lose, like Pandora's myth.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:

I would hazard to guess people engaged on the forums or reddit would be MORE likely to play these events not less likely. Again that is just a guess.

I would guess the opposite, the people on the forums could be more likely to appreciate the time off because they don't need the resources. Regardless with any of the options in this game, surely choice is better than no choice because half or two thirds don't want to do something.

I don't want us to play football so I'm taking the ball home.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

I've never skipped playing it, because you want a steady resource income when you're f2p, but i resent it being there every time.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Champs 5* Cyclops on Wednesday
    Looks forward to using 5* Cyclops
    Sees 5* Cyclops is boosted this week!
    Checks PvP
    Eye for an eye.
    😒😠😒😕

• Dok12
    Dok12 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options

Apart from Heart of Darkness, is She Hulk going to be featured any more times before she leaves latest?

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options

With the caveat that the schedule is a little fluid with BC lately, and they mentioned they’re trying to get back on a normal one “soon”… I think she’ll get one more feature with Infinite Pursuit on 12/25. That’s a couple days before she leaves Latest Legends, so I think it’ll be safe.