Champion Reward Updates (Live 12/1)

Options

Comments

• Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options

Again, how awesome is this new group? So quick to respond and adjust! Thank you.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options

We are truly spoiled, can’t wait to see who comes next week and the week after

Hoping moonknight is next as I don’t have him champed yet

Would also love to see crystal get the feeder love too

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2022
    Options

We are spoiled, indeed.
    I actually won't get a single useable 5* cover out of this entire round of changes (they will all just be Saved Covers for my already fully-covered chars), but I don't care because I see that others are benefitting now and the foundation is being laid for changes which will help me in the future.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options

These are truly MPQ salad days..

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX said:
    Hey all, thanks for the feedback on the changes! We're super happy to get them out to everyone (including myself, I'm looking to finish covering Elektra!) and we've got at least 2 more batches planned before the holidays really hit.

As a response to feedback, we've decided to remove the removal of the feeder for Puck. Meaning that he will remain feeding Colossus, and Negasonic will double feed. We're also going to re-add Jubilee's feeding of Phoenix in a future batch. After reading player feedback and talking it over internally, we felt it was best to err on the side of being generous than pulling things away from the player base, even if it does mean that some characters get 'overfed'.

Does that mean we get retro rewards for Jubilee > Phoenix? 😈😜

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX said:

@Scofie said:

@IceIX said:
    Hey all, thanks for the feedback on the changes! We're super happy to get them out to everyone (including myself, I'm looking to finish covering Elektra!) and we've got at least 2 more batches planned before the holidays really hit.

As a response to feedback, we've decided to remove the removal of the feeder for Puck. Meaning that he will remain feeding Colossus, and Negasonic will double feed. We're also going to re-add Jubilee's feeding of Phoenix in a future batch. After reading player feedback and talking it over internally, we felt it was best to err on the side of being generous than pulling things away from the player base, even if it does mean that some characters get 'overfed'.

Does that mean we get retro rewards for Jubilee > Phoenix? 😈😜

Not planned, no. The tools don't really allow for a delta between when we changed something to the next change. So if we did, everyone would essentially get double rewards. There's generous, then there's a bit much. :P However, if you missed out on something in the intervening time (hit a cover milestone or somesuch) while she wasn't feeding, CS can handle that pretty easily.

Thanks for the reply, but I was just being mischievous. 😈 I'm really grateful for the efforts going in to making the 5* game more accessible and the quick response to feedback. Really impressed. Thank you.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX said:

How about retroactive rewards for 5* Iron Man and Rescue since their feeders were changed? My Rescue is really hungry.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If I didn't interpret wrongly, there'll probably be another two on ~12/8 and ~12/15 before the big one hits during Christmas or New Year eve. :o

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options

Thank you for being generous.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    If I didn't interpret wrongly, there'll probably be another two on ~12/8 and ~12/15 before the big one hits during Christmas or New Year eve. :o

I read that as "the updates will be finished before we all leave the office for Christmas ".
    They probably don't want to push something out while nobody is around to put out fires in case things go wrong.
    I don't expect anything for Christmas or New Year.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Even if we don't get anything for Christmas/New Year eve, the fact that double-feeder is here to stay is good news for many 4* and 5* players.

I'm amazed by the generosity of the dev. I'm still expecting some kind of major announcement that will greatly impact MPQ. :|

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX said:

What?! But I just updated my spreadsheet! Now I have to edit it AGAIN! Can't you give us a break?! :angry:

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@HoundofShadow said:

I read that as "the updates will be finished before we all leave the office for Christmas ".
    They probably don't want to push something out while nobody is around to put out fires in case things go wrong.

But Thanksgiving everyone is around for fires?

• Bowgentle
    Options

@killahKlown said:

@Bowgentle said:

@HoundofShadow said:

But Thanksgiving everyone is around for fires?

Good point.
    I don't know their contingency plans for both of those holidays.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thanks again. Still feels weird how different things have become, but in literally every way everyone has been asking for for years. Great job!

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Nice, champion retro rewards out!

But why the heck did I get 2.5k Killmonger shards? Not that I complain, I just can’t see it in the change descriptions…

• Bowgentle
    Options

@Chrynos1989 said:

But why the heck did I get 2.5k Killmonger shards? Not that I complain, I just can’t see it in the change descriptions…

Shuri feeds both Killmonger and Okoye now.
    Unannounced plot twist, 4s feeding two different 5s.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Chrynos1989 said:

Shuri feeds both Killmonger and Okoye now.
    Unannounced plot twist, 4s feeding two different 5s.

😲😲😲😲😲😲😲