Champion Reward Updates (Live 12/1)

Options

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Omegased said:
    I'm hanging for 4star Moon Knight to feed the most obvious 5star connection, blacksuit spiderman

I would wish you well but sadly I need 5* Moon Knight covers to champ him and he has gotta be ripe for a re-balance, eh wot?

I am glad I bothered to get that first Colossus cover from Puck, now he can sink to the bottom of obscurity. The change to Negasonic wont greatly benefit me but at least she is alright. The change to Carnage leaves me with a conundrum as he is one cover away from spitting out 250 Doc Ock shards - I don't know whether it is worth spending the resources necessary to try and get 400 shards in 2 days or whether actually I have enough to make it as I did recently have a blitz on my Mighty's and want to horde. checks roster - Doc Ock has 225 shards...gah...this would have been an easier decision if he had like none. Hmm...

How's your 3* Doc Ock? Close enough to give out any Carnage shards? Otherwise 400 shards in 2 days can be a big ask. 120 Mightys & Heroics + 2 Daily Milestones, and potentially move your 3* Ock far enough to ehlp, or you have to blow through 27 pulls of your LTs/CP, which you may or may not want to do depending on where Chasm is, or if you have any of that hoarded.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Omegased said:
    I'm hanging for 4star Moon Knight to feed the most obvious 5star connection, blacksuit spiderman

I would wish you well but sadly I need 5* Moon Knight covers to champ him and he has gotta be ripe for a re-balance, eh wot?

I am glad I bothered to get that first Colossus cover from Puck, now he can sink to the bottom of obscurity. The change to Negasonic wont greatly benefit me but at least she is alright. The change to Carnage leaves me with a conundrum as he is one cover away from spitting out 250 Doc Ock shards - I don't know whether it is worth spending the resources necessary to try and get 400 shards in 2 days or whether actually I have enough to make it as I did recently have a blitz on my Mighty's and want to horde. checks roster - Doc Ock has 225 shards...gah...this would have been an easier decision if he had like none. Hmm...

How's your 3* Doc Ock? Close enough to give out any Carnage shards? Otherwise 400 shards in 2 days can be a big ask. 120 Mightys & Heroics + 2 Daily Milestones, and potentially move your 3* Ock far enough to ehlp, or you have to blow through 27 pulls of your LTs/CP, which you may or may not want to do depending on where Chasm is, or if you have any of that hoarded.

3 Ock is max champed with 8 shards and no dupe built. Chasm is champed, She Hulk is champed, so yeah, not too keen on blowing LT/CP. I might just have to give his one up.

• Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Omegased said:

3 Ock is max champed with 8 shards and no dupe built. Chasm is champed, She Hulk is champed, so yeah, not too keen on blowing LT/CP. I might just have to give his one up.

I’m in the same situation. I have been working on 3* Doc and 4* Carnage for the final cover for 5* Doc. I am going to miss by three 4* covers.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If you got a decent chunk of CP, then throw it into classic legends and hope for the best. You may get lucky with bonus shards once or twice.
    That 250 shards for a 5* is way more pulls than 400 for a 4*. 5* Doc Ock is not a terrible 5* either.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

I was thinking about 5* Dr Ock because I'm close to champing him as well. In the end, I asked myself, "Am I going to use him after I've champed him?" I answered "No." After 5* Dr Ock gets his new feeder, I'll still be able to cover him. I still won't use him in the future unless there are really interesting synergy with his power.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’m sure Doc Ock is fine, but I found him way more interesting pre-rebalance I guess years ago at this point lol. I think in this modern game, a character who starts taking auto-turns while stunned would have a lot more legs than it did back when that change got made. And I know his green went away from total match auto win almost immediately, but that was fun to me. I champed mine awhile back and I don’t think I’ve used him at all.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

I do agree the old Dr Ock has interesting and unique abilities that none of the characters has, except for his black. If he had the old abilities, I would go for it.

• rainkingucd
    Options

@Bubba3210 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Omegased said:

I’m in the same situation. I have been working on 3* Doc and 4* Carnage for the final cover for 5* Doc. I am going to miss by three 4* covers.

Good news is that with the feeder updates, 4* Doc Ock will almost certainly be updated to feed 5* Doc Ock. How's your 4* Ock look? If they continue on the retro rewards path, should be champed by Christmas!

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Options

With all these shards you are really spoiling us!

What are we calling this round after Shardmas and Shardsgiving?? Is this Shardsgiving Second Helpings? We are going to run out of pithy names quickly which is going to be a real problem and there may be complaints...

• rainkingucd
    Options

@Punter1 said:

What are we calling this round after Shardmas and Shardsgiving?? Is this Shardsgiving Second Helpings? We are going to run out of pithy names quickly which is going to be a real problem and there may be complaints...

Shards Friday?
    St. Shardsolas Day?
    Shardsgiving Leftovers?
    Cyber Shardsday?

• Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options

Good news is that with the feeder updates, 4* Doc Ock will almost certainly be updated to feed 5* Doc Ock. How's your 4* Ock look? If they continue on the retro rewards path, should be champed by Christmas!

My 4* Ock is over level 300. I’m really enjoying the game more and more because I can see progress. It does make for unpredictable planning. I love planning as much as I love playing.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@Punter1 said:

Shards Friday?
    St. Shardsolas Day?
    Shardsgiving Leftovers?
    Cyber Shardsday?

OK - phew - these champion updates may continue.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

@meadowsweet said:

@GrimSkald said:
    I'm not sure I quite get why you're removing feeders, since double feeders are a thing

I suspect that double-feeders may only be temporary while they swap in a new feeder before removing the old feeder, as happened with Jean Grey (Phoenix) recently.
    They added Jean Grey (All New X-Men) as a feeder in late September - making her a double feeder - before removing Jubilee as a feeder in late November.

Maaaaybe? Let's look at who will be a double feeder after Friday, I'll start with the ones most likely to change:

Knull - Fed by Rhino and Eddie Brock
    Carnage - Fed by Carnage and Scorpion

Both of the older feeders can be broken away to feed other Spider-Verse characters such as Electro (since Doc Ock needs a feeder and will probably feed himself,) and Chasm, but those two are it for Spider-Verse at the moment without feeders. They can absolutely remove feeders, but none fit better than others, IMHO, in these cases. In all of these the only connection is through teams, there's nothing strong like love interest, nemesis, or same character.

Some more:

Cyclops - Echo and Cyclops
    Cable - Bishop and Deathlok
    Kitty - Kate and Doop
    Okoye - Shuri and Namora

In all these cases the characters are pretty good fits. Well, maybe not Deathlok, but he is a cyborg so there's that cosmetic connection, which is as good as many others. What's more, it was just established, so there's that. I honestly think the above connections aren't going anywhere - having double feeders doesn't really hurt the game, I think, it just makes 5* characters more available.

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options

Man, before all these retroactive updates I was just a couple of toons away from being post-iso. Come on. (Sarcasm)

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@meadowsweet said:

@GrimSkald said:
    I'm not sure I quite get why you're removing feeders, since double feeders are a thing

I suspect that double-feeders may only be temporary while they swap in a new feeder before removing the old feeder, as happened with Jean Grey (Phoenix) recently.
    They added Jean Grey (All New X-Men) as a feeder in late September - making her a double feeder - before removing Jubilee as a feeder in late November.

Maaaaybe? Let's look at who will be a double feeder after Friday, I'll start with the ones most likely to change:

Both of the older feeders can be broken away to feed other Spider-Verse characters such as Electro (since Doc Ock needs a feeder and will probably feed himself,) and Chasm, but those two are it for Spider-Verse at the moment without feeders. They can absolutely remove feeders, but none fit better than others, IMHO, in these cases. In all of these the only connection is through teams, there's nothing strong like love interest, nemesis, or same character.

Some more:

Kitty - Kate and Doop
    Okoye - Shuri and Namora

In all these cases the characters are pretty good fits. Well, maybe not Deathlok, but he is a cyborg so there's that cosmetic connection, which is as good as many others. What's more, it was just established, so there's that. I honestly think the above connections aren't going anywhere - having double feeders doesn't really hurt the game, I think, it just makes 5* characters more available.

I think you forgot Storm. Maybe others

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

@killahKlown said:

@GrimSkald said:

@meadowsweet said:

@GrimSkald said:

Some more:

Kitty - Kate and Doop
    Okoye - Shuri and Namora

Storm is the only other, currently.
    The obvious assumption is that 4JaneThor will be changed to feed 5JaneThor.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2022
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@meadowsweet said:

@GrimSkald said:

There's also Big Wheel.
    Prowler may make sense as that feeder.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@skittledaddy said:

@killahKlown said:

@GrimSkald said:

@meadowsweet said:

@GrimSkald said:

Some more:

Kitty - Kate and Doop
    Okoye - Shuri and Namora

Storm is the only other, currently.
    The obvious assumption is that 4JaneThor will be changed to feed 5JaneThor.

I did forget Storm, nearly entirely. I was in a hotel in Syracuse when the changes came through, and since they didn't announce very much before hand it was a complete surprise when I opened the game on my phone. :)

OTOH it's pretty obvious that she belongs in the first group as sooner or later we can probably expect Jane to feed Jane.

Also, yes, I did forget Big wheel, but since both Lizard and Prowler don't feed anyone hopefully they'll leave a double feeder or two.

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options

5* Elektra is far from my favorite character and I've never prioritized her, but I think I'm going to end up very nearly champing her with this update. Nice!!