Champion Reward Updates (Live 12/1)

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited December 2022 in MPQ General Discussion

Putting these up a bit early, figured you'd all prefer the information sooner than later! These are currently planned to go Live with the data patch on 12/1.

Champion Rewards Updates
Character - Primary / Secondary, updates in BOLD
All changes will result in retroactive rewards

2-Star
Bullseye (DA) - Bullseye (Classic) / Daredevil (MWF)
Human (Johnny Storm) - Human Torch (Classic) / Doctor Doom (Classic)

3-Star
Daredevil (MWF) - Echo / America Chavez
Elektra (Assassin) - Elektra (Unkillable) / Black Cat
Human Torch (Classic) - Human Torch (Jim Hammond) / Thing swapped
Iron Fist (Immortal) - Iron Fist (Danny Rand) / Karnak
Luke Cage (HfH) - Luke Cage / Misty Knight
Sentry - Moon Knight / Ikaris
Vision - Wasp (Janet) / Monica Rambeau

4-Star
Carnage (Cletus) - Carnage (Prophet)
Elektra (Unkillable) - Elektra (WWF)
Negasonic - Colossus (P5)
Shuri - Okoye/Killmonger
Venom (Eddie Brock) - Knull

Comments

• froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Thanks so much for the early update, and these retro feeders are so awesome. There's enough time to figure out if there's someone I can champ or favorite to eke out something extra.

FYI, I've spent more on the game this year than I have in awhile, and I think there are two main reasons for that.

• happy customers spend more, and the new devs have clearly improved that
    • progress is addicting -- gives that little nudge to keep the progress coming
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Is this all for the rest of the year? I was really hoping that Star Lord, Kingpin, Jane and Deadpool could be fed from their 4* versions.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thanks for batch 2 present.

Some Sinister Six feeders are going to see some shift coming up in the distant future, I suppose.

Currently:
    Scorpion --> Carbage
    Carnage --> Dr Ock
    Dr Ock --> Electro
    Rhino --> Knull

Sandman --> Green Goblin
    Prowler --> None
    Lizard --> None

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm hanging for 4star Moon Knight to feed the most obvious 5star connection, blacksuit spiderman

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Thank you so much for the heads-up!! Gives me enough time to get the last 20 Puck shards I'm missing for the Colossus cover before he's removed.
    Apart from that, yay more feeder updates! :D

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oooof, Puck just shot down from high to very low priority. I'm not sure I quite get why you're removing feeders, since double feeders are a thing, but it's fine. I guess they were pretty bad fits anyway.
    It's also interesting that Dr Octopus doesn't have a feeder at the moment, but I'm sure they'll fill that in before the end of the year.
    Regardless, these are awesome! Looking forward to the next helping of Holiday Cheer.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Doc Ock seems like he would be a pretty obvious choice to feed himself, which has Electro moving around. Not sure who would be a fit for that, I don't know this version of electro at all.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

Can we expect weekly feeder updates all the way to Christmas ?

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Doc Ock seems like he would be a pretty obvious choice to feed himself, which has Electro moving around. Not sure who would be a fit for that, I don't know this version of electro at all.

Lizard maybe? Just purely based on Sin 6 association.

• Kaidrin1979
    Kaidrin1979 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

@GrimSkald said:
    Oooof, Puck just shot down from high to very low priority. I'm not sure I quite get why you're removing feeders, since double feeders are a thing, but it's fine. I guess they were pretty bad fits anyway.
    It's also interesting that Dr Octopus doesn't have a feeder at the moment, but I'm sure they'll fill that in before the end of the year.
    Regardless, these are awesome! Looking forward to the next helping of Holiday Cheer.

Maybe Puck gets a new one to feed during the next change.

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options

@IceIX said:

@shardwick said:
    Is this all for the rest of the year? I was really hoping that Star Lord, Kingpin, Jane and Deadpool could be fed from their 4* versions.

Nope, just the second helping.

I mean, I feel well fed. But at Thanksgiving, I had a second helping which was gravy (literally, in that case) but so, so tasty. But, you know what, it didn't stop me from a third helping and then a couple of stabs at dessert later. Jes sayin.

And all of that, and this, compels me to say this: thank you.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Options

@GrimSkald said:
    I'm not sure I quite get why you're removing feeders, since double feeders are a thing

I suspect that double-feeders may only be temporary while they swap in a new feeder before removing the old feeder, as happened with Jean Grey (Phoenix) recently.
    They added Jean Grey (All New X-Men) as a feeder in late September - making her a double feeder - before removing Jubilee as a feeder in late November.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Yepyep said:

@IceIX said:

@shardwick said:

Nope, just the second helping.

I mean, I feel well fed. But at Thanksgiving, I had a second helping which was gravy (literally, in that case) but so, so tasty. But, you know what, it didn't stop me from a third helping and then a couple of stabs at dessert later. Jes sayin.

And all of that, and this, compels me to say this: thank you.

For Thanksgiving I usually have like five helpings. Hoping for the equivalent in the form of feeders.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Great stuff, thanks! That puts me 200 shards from champing 5* Elektra, which is awesome news.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bzhai said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Lizard maybe? Just purely based on Sin 6 association.

I think any of the Spider-Verse villains fit really. Lizard, Scorpion, Rhino are the most likely I think. I also don't know Francine very well, but poking around her wiki (plus her cover art in game) would indicate that Prowler is a good fit. Although I'm convinced Prowler ends up feeding Big Wheel due to the Tinkerer connection.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Francine_Frye_(Earth-616)

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Poor Puck, now he is completely useless.

Interesting to see Negasonic become a Col5 feeder. I guess she has the closest relation to him because of the deadpool movie.
    Also, great to see Elektra feed herself strait up the chain from 3* all the way to 5*.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thanks for the update! I greatly appreciate the Elektra cover, as well as the added for the others. I’m still a little confused why Colossus gets one and Cyclops gets two feeders, but frankly I’m sure the team has their reasons.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Omegased said:
    I'm hanging for 4star Moon Knight to feed the most obvious 5star connection, blacksuit spiderman

I would wish you well but sadly I need 5* Moon Knight covers to champ him and he has gotta be ripe for a re-balance, eh wot?

I am glad I bothered to get that first Colossus cover from Puck, now he can sink to the bottom of obscurity. The change to Negasonic wont greatly benefit me but at least she is alright. The change to Carnage leaves me with a conundrum as he is one cover away from spitting out 250 Doc Ock shards - I don't know whether it is worth spending the resources necessary to try and get 400 shards in 2 days or whether actually I have enough to make it as I did recently have a blitz on my Mighty's and want to horde. checks roster - Doc Ock has 225 shards...gah...this would have been an easier decision if he had like none. Hmm...

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

The change to Carnage leaves me with a conundrum as he is one cover away from spitting out 250 Doc Ock shards - I don't know whether it is worth spending the resources necessary to try and get 400 shards in 2 days or whether actually I have enough to make it as I did recently have a blitz on my Mighty's and want to horde. checks roster - Doc Ock has 225 shards...gah...this would have been an easier decision if he had like none. Hmm...

Better get them shards.