Raffine, Scheming Seer not targetable by Endless Detour [As Designed]

Options
TheHunter
TheHunter Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker

Hi, I paid the Ward cost for Raffine but Endless Detour couldn't see it as a target. I filmed it the second time this happened. Two turns later Sleep with the Fishes WAS able to target Raffine.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/0DHFaJ-TR1w

Comments

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options

@TheHunter said:
    Hi, I paid the Ward cost for Raffine but Endless Detour couldn't see it as a target. I filmed it the second time this happened. Two turns later Sleep with the Fishes WAS able to target Raffine.
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/0DHFaJ-TR1w

endless detour is the issue pretty sure its listed here

• TheHunter
    Options

I had a look before posting. There’s a thread about it auto casting even when there’s no target, but nothing like this where there’s a valid target it can’t see.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hello guys,
    Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊
    Rebeca.

• SometimesWitchy
    SometimesWitchy Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options

I have also encountered this. Paid the ward price, but no option to select Raffine.

• TheHunter
    Options

Hi @Oktagon_Support I hope you’re enjoying the Easter weekend!

Can you provide an update on this? Endless Detour is an important utility card used by most players and it still isn’t fixed.
    1. It won’t target cards with Ward even when the Ward cost is paid
    2. It won’t target creatures with Hexproof even when they have been disabled.

Thanks!

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hello guys,
    This issue has been investigated, and the test team has reported that it is working as intended.
    They also told me that in this case: "The player must select one of the planeswalkers, not the card, by clicking on the planeswalker avatar"

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Oktagon_Support said:
    Hello guys,
    This issue has been investigated, and the test team has reported that it is working as intended.
    They also told me that in this case: "The player must select one of the planeswalkers, not the card, by clicking on the planeswalker avatar"

That's not even remotely true. I have targetted creatures hundreds of times with Endless Detour, as recently as an hour ago, while playing this weekend's coalition event. I would be happy to demonstrate it for you. Either you, or the dev team, have misunderstood the issue here.

It's almost as if, instead of fixing bugs this year, you're just trying to discourage us from reporting them.